Advice to help you become better at HoC/ How-to-LEARN

Discussion in 'General Guides' started by MonsterXela, Mar 10, 2014.

1. IonWar

IonWar New Member

Hi to everyone,

sorry Jackxpn...

what did you mean with:
    "Work on Using Target rotation as target"?

Thanks and cheers!

2. Isendir1

Isendir1 New Member

Icon below your first skill. Actually I don't know how to use that icon effectively also. How to use tap movement and effectively chase enemy in and out of smoke? Dpad get me killed a lot.

3. MonsterXela

MonsterXela Member

With tap to move you will be hitting your screen between 5-10 times a second whiles still using skills. Learn where to tap to to get best maneuverability

4. Nightshadexx

Nightshadexx Active Member

I'll say first off I need to work on everything

Everyone does.
    Always. To evaluate myself honesty...

-ability to make fast decisions (fight, wait, or flee. When and why)7
    -ability to adjust item selection based on matches needs3 (I really need to work on that]
    -map awareness11/10 in rift but more like 6 in 3v3
    -ability to maneuver the field to appropriately support/flank/or two lane push with your team (timing is everything)8
    -ability to last hit creeps and knowing when to pick up farmsLast hit in 3v3 10 but others maps I don't care as much. Rift maybe but I don't care as much as 3v3. Picking up farms I think 6
    -ability to survive when the enemy "should have" been able to kill you10! 10!
    -ability to target the appropriate enemy to tip the fight in your favourEh 7
    -ability to learn from and correct your mistakes. (Humility, accountability)Now a 9 but before a 1. Until about June I was an arrogant fool. Even though I master DotA. And dabbled in LoL HoC still had a few things to understand

5. Undeadmerlin

Undeadmerlin New Member

Have you ever been in a situation where your team was full if feeders (the kind that have severe tunnel vision and never look at chat or map) and at the end of the game you still lose at 26-0-1 because even though you carried and cleaned every team fight it was still 1v5.

What do you do there?

6. MonsterXela

MonsterXela Member

This is a team game. Even the best players in the game can lose if their team is terrible or the other team is using good teamwork.

With that being said, I've still been able to pull off games like your talking about. But you need to be using a hero that has the ability to do tower damage quickly and survive when fighting 1v3+. Generally a main fighter.

7. Epro1

Epro1 New Member

Hey look it's Monsterxela!

I really believe surrendering is a good decision at times in both pvp and inhouse games.trainmap a must.

I'm skeptical about #4 as well. Although I might struggle to find 4 heros that I really enjoy on both fives maps.

8. MonsterXela

MonsterXela Member

Hard games teach you the importance of skill timing far more than the average game. That is why I reccomend playing them out. There are games where it's too far gone to bother. But most of the time you can still accomplish something

9. Nightshadexx

Nightshadexx Active Member

And then they call you a noob

10. Bloodexorcist

Bloodexorcist Active Member

Forget that it's all about the flaming and taking it out on random people on the internet that you don't know

11. MonsterXela

MonsterXela Member

Go play the previous edition of COD. You'll feel at home with the 12 yo's.

12. Houdini92

Houdini92 Member

This topic is great! I hope I can add some love:

1. Nowadays if you want to dominate a map, find a guild or friends, and learn to understand each other. Make battleplans, but be able to adapt them to the flow of the game.

2. Try to understand your enemy. Capitalize on their mistakes. Does their laner(s) play aggressive or defensive? Think about ganks or stealing their farm. What about jungler presence? How much does their teamcomposition reveal their gameplan?

3. Dont play the hero you want to play. Play the hero your team needs. In my opinion you should not follow gamelofts 'classes'. Master 1 carry, 1 support and 2 guardians: 1 full tank and 1 bruizer.

4. Learn the maps

5. Only make mathematical decisions. Sometimes your death will be worth it. E.g.: you position yourself in a way you get their entire team low, get instagibbed by the inquisitor and then the rest of your team finishes them of. Best case senario, That means your team gets 5 kills + 15 assists for 1 kill and 5 assists. Maybe even a train or tower.

6. Dont chase too long. The longer you chase, the more chance you will die.

My 2c ^^

13. Knightzomegaz

Knightzomegaz New Member

Number 1 - Agreed...

Had a lot of tide turning events in 3v3 map, wherein they push the first tower too early cause they CAN and they think they can win already...

I just need to do a lot of creepings and instant taunting (12b) near the tower...

14. TheShadowFoxZ

TheShadowFoxZ New Member

If you are playing with lag, then just dont run out and try to kill enemy heros. Tower hug or kill neutrals.

15. MonsterXela

MonsterXela Member

^^^

Good tips guys

One of the biggest things to remember up help you succeed is that this is a team game. The more you become aware and observant of your teammates. The easier it will become to work together. Ganks will happen more frequently, and teammates will die less often. Working together will always raise your win percentage. Working with randoms is tough and why so many people encourage joining a guild. Bt even with randoms you can provide good backup simply by watching the map.

16. dedhi

dedhi Member

alright so just did the watch a replay and see the opponent with same hero and learn what they did better. watched, put the method on action and carried a game to victory. already gave u rep when read the post so now just thanks. good times

17. MonsterXela

MonsterXela Member

It really works man. There is always a better way. You don't usually know until you see it. And even fewer people research why something was better

18. sgc

sgc Member

no need, hoc teamplay is all, is not about 1vs1, avoid allways do 1vs1
    in match, ...2v3...gank 3 allways chain stuns, etc..

19. Mixar

Mixar Well-Known Member

An easy one to add to these lists of tips:

Notice your enemies strengths of their champion they picked and pair up effectively. You can even pair up playstyle wise by observing how they play the game. A passive player would easily be matched by a passive-aggressive player, they'll know when to strike and not get themselves killed. An aggressive player vs a passive player would be suicide for the aggressive one.

And as for the Champion pair ups on lanes, analyze their hero and change lane positions accordingly. I hate it when my team pits a mystic against debronee, instead, it should be more like a gaurdian or ranged hero against him(occasionally). Or a high DoT dmg hero such as acridix to do dmg to debronee while he's blinking and intensifying his way through you. (such as how savage of the deep lays waste to Assasins, so that should be his laning partner type.)

Like bruisers to carry characters, or DoT heroes to ranged ones.

20. Trollmaster

Trollmaster Member

If you see me against you on the game, quit while you stll have dignity, lol lol lol lol lol XDDDDD