Ask HoC Questions.

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Nightshadexx, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Nightshadexx

Nightshadexx Active Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Hey guys.

Before you say "dammit this is a complete copy of Kang's competetive question thread", it's not.

Kang is on once every two week at most anyway ^_^

Before you even reply or go any further understand the following

1. This thread is to answer general questions about HoC

2. Questions here will be answered in different ways

[hr]
    Direct Answer
    [hr]
    Can't really make this more straightforward. We will answer your question.

Example:

Q: Who has the fastest potential attack speed in the game

A: Evistix

[hr]
    Redirection
    [hr]

We deem the question as one that is asked frequently, or too related to a particular topic, and therefore reply with a link to where a detailed answer to your question can be found

Example

Q: How much does Sia's virulent trail scale with magical attack?

A: <insert link to Tidus' thread about scaling here>
    15% click above to find answers for other heroes

[hr]
    Ignore Answer
    [hr]

When your question is deemed pointlessly stupid and so damn worthless that we feel no need to answer it. This is not anti-newbie, we aren't saying don't ask stuff like "what does an ant do with ant sentry". <-- that is a question that the asker truly does not know the answer to. And while other deem it very nooby, others don't know and that will be answer.
    HOWEVER we ignore stuff like the example below.

Example:
    Q:
    What happens when mogul and dragon fight and Machry gives them gold :D

A: <insert no response>

[hr]

That's pretty much it.

I'm not going list out a bunch of rules as it isn't needed (yet).

You guys will pick up the different between a good and bad question quickly.

And remember! If you hesitate to ask a question because you think it's nooby, then just ask! We were all once in your position and we love helping!

2. dudee46

dudee46 Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Q: What if someone asks about which hero to buy? Is it counted as a pointless question, cuz it's all based on opinion.

3. Sand

Sand New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Well, I'll start off with a nice question:

What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing on the Portal version of the Rift at Sinskaald map? Which is preferred competitively? And, which side (Order or Chaos) benefits most from the position of the portals (I know this final question is the topic of another thread, but I was wondering what balancing factors, if any, exist)?

4. Nightshadexx

Oct 24, 2013
    Perfect example of what not to asks

a better question would be "what are the pros and cons (advantages and disadvantages of <name heroes you wishing to choose between to buy>

That teaches something but opinions don't make people better, raw solid prof does.

5. francisco00009

francisco00009 Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Q: The guy whos currently number 1 in border skirmish, how the heck did his elo go up from 44,000 to 49110 within the span of a day?, He wasnt even in the top ten till yesterday.....

6. bbedibb

bbedibb Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Q:With the new buff,Balondis is good for competitive matches?

7. Catsu208

Catsu208 New Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Q> Why is Cyclops so friggin hard to kill, and what are the easiest ways to kill him?

8. Nightshadexx

Oct 24, 2013
    He is amazing but more effective in the trains map

5v5 rift not as good as he is quite mana dependent early game

9. Nightshadexx

Oct 24, 2013
    Treat cyclops as any other tank!

If he's doing a lot of damage, then he should be easier to kill. If he's extremely Tanky, just ignore him and kill his carries. If not, just harrass him as he is very mana dependent

Just know that if he was very low health and you are chasing hi, then he walks straight back into you, that's you're queue to run because he has his team behind him

10. kr4m123

kr4m123 Wake me up inside

Sep 28, 2013
    What happens when mogul and dragon fight and Machry gives them gold? Serious question.

Does Machry's dice still deal extra damage if someone retreats home but just before he tosses his dice. Does it only deal damage the distance they were from him and where they were standing still retreating? Ive seen skills go across the map when people retreat/go throught tele/tele. It'd be funny if they think they got home but macrhy tossed his dice before and it did 5000 damage :D

11. Gurkenbande

Gurkenbande Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Hey :)
    Is Anioah a good choice for border skirmish?
    I really like her but only play 3s...

12. bbedibb

bbedibb Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Anioah can be sucessfull in competitive matches?

13. Catsu208

Catsu208 New Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Q> Which skill is more suitable, for a class/situation (i.e. Random Match, Proper Teams, Border Skirmish, Rift, Train map, Support, Carry)? Should I use blink, group heal, teleport, or others?

14. Nightshadexx

Oct 24, 2013
    No.

Machry's dice disappears after a certain range.

I'm not really sure how much, but I known it's still active for at least 25 meters because I tested with my friend and I was 11 meters away from him , and then I threw and he double blinked with inquisitor and it hit. Let's say he had about 1% of his health left :).

And also, answering a seperate question that comes up.
    Machry's dice damage increases with distance, but does not increase if you run away from your target after throwing.
    Throwing and blinking the opposite way won't affect the damage.

It's the distance starting at where you threw it, and how far your target left his original position.

Likewise, if your target is 11-12 m away from you and he blinks into you, the damage will not be decrease.

The only way the damage increase can only happen with your target moving away

Target Moving closer, or the dice thrower moving away doesn't affect anything

15. Mabarry3

Mabarry3 Active Member

Apr 6, 2013

I'll have to test this, I'm not 100% sure this is so. It should just be differences in distance rather than considering things like the enemy's movement but not your movement and not enemy movement towards you for damage reduction, that seems too complicated for gameloft lol.

Machry's dice does indeed disappear after a certain range but it's some ridiculous amount you won't hit very easily.

16. Nightshadexx

Oct 24, 2013
    I tested this fully 4-5 months ago

So feel free to re-test please

17. Sand

Sand New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Dat passive-aggressive :3

18. robin1213

robin1213 New Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Q : Do Woodspirits stacks ? For example Erefern has CD Reduction and cast Woodspirits over over again .

&

Why Inquisitor/Savaer still movin after i pertrify them while they are jumping ?

&

Do Akartu's Passive Stacks ?

19. Chrisp

Chrisp Member

Nov 28, 2013
    I don't have Machry yet (40 runes away) but two days ago some dice hit me from a distance of 2/3 of the train map. Didn't die but the dice didn't disappear.

20. Nightshadexx

Oct 24, 2013
    Well that's at least 60 meters