Best mages

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Cygnux, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Cygnux

Cygnux School Is Boring...

Hello guys....who is the best mages heroes to buy?

(Kurdz and goldfur is good?)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

im gonna give u a huge tip of how to buy heroes

buy who ever seems fun if they let u down save up for another and if they get boring then try another
    while there is a meta game i can tell by all ur questions ur relatively new to the game so i suggest u ignore the best and have fun

MyLastDreams, Cygnux, Akise and 3 others like this.
  3. 33heatwave45

33heatwave45 Active Member

Totally agree. So, fun mages:

Guervus-- really good right now, lots of burst damage, but no CC at all, super high mobility

Goroshia-- difficult if you don't understand positioning and timing, but high burst AoE means he can make game-changing plays

Anuir-- lots of CC, great for almost any team but best when paired with ADCs who can capitalize on the long stun

Acridix-- difficult to play but totally worthwhile since high HP tanks like Seake and 12b get wrecked by him

Machry-- absurd amounts of damage once he gets stacked and he's got a long range poke skill on a short cool down, plus his area stun can turn team fights around

These are my favorite mages right now. All of them are fun to play and none of them are potatoes.

Akise and Entropy like this.
  4. ONYX

ONYX Well-Known Member

This

5. Riley12301

Riley12301 Gambler OP ♠️♦️♣️♥️ Staff Member

Acridix ain't hard to play
    I like the machry mention though xD --I've recently been working on a support idea, but haven't gotten the inscriptions and tablets together to try it out.

Cygnux likes this.
  6. 33heatwave45

I still think he's one of the hardest mages to play compared to the others because he's reliant on landing his skill shots. Much higher risk than Guervus, Melina, or Lingyue Meng.

7. atmsx

atmsx Member

Maybe before acridix's buffs where he had huge precast times. But now, he is really easy to use.

If we're talking about landing skillshots, then i'd say the king of that goes to lilit where a poorly judged ult means you're dead in the water for the next minute.

Besides, playing a hard hero tends to bring up a mindset of, "how can I kill and stay alive" rather than something like, "how can I kill him when he keeps running away".

One implies your op stature while the other implies that you have the disadvantage and have to resort to other means to win. I never get the underdog feeling with acridix.

I am also comparing the heroes under assumption that your team isn't going to group them all up for you to make it easy. You have to do that yourself.

8. Riley12301

Riley12301 Gambler OP ♠️♦️♣️♥️ Staff Member

Just carry frost bolt and tablet, acridix won't miss then. Ice skill is basically a guaranteed kill.

9. 33heatwave45

Fair enough, but then I want to ask, who else besides Lilit would you consider to be a difficult mage?

10. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

vig harpy machry gaia and fox

11. atmsx

atmsx Member

Probably mystic. Landing a good wall block takes some practice and skill. Using the ult as a tool to dodge projectiles such as Meng's ult takes some fast fingers and fast thinking to decide the location.

I've done fairly well as mystic in the past and hes fun to use in casual games but he's definitely not a top tier hero. Works well as a kiter and provides some solid slows. I can get around 2300 burst damage with a mage build from ult and crystal fragments and wall which is a decent amount but nothing a tank can't shrug off. I mainly just whittle them down with crystal frag before bursting them down when the time is right.

I see a lot of times, savaer will try to jump on me. When that happens, I move to put some space between him and I, then place a wall between us, and a crystal frag at where I think he'll try to go to. If he continues chasing me, he's probably out of position by now and will get focused on hard while taking damage from the crystal wall and the slows from crystal frag. A single wall can be pretty game breaking if placed well. Of course, sometimes they have abilities that can go over it or they just blink through it. In that case, I just ult away but not before putting down a crystal frag to continue the kiting if they so choose to.

At the same time, your single wall can also spell ruin for your team. It always makes me nervous when I see a guy getting chased by a melee hero and I need to save the teammate by inserting a wall in between what narrow gap exists between the enemy and teammate. Because if I screw up, I either fail to block the guy from killing my teammate, or I block the teammate from escaping.

Cygnux likes this.
  12. 33heatwave45

Yeah, mystic is probably the most difficult mage in the game atm. I didn't think it was possible to dodge Meng's ultimate; even when I use a blink or a gap closer like Acridix's leap it still tracks me. Isn't it a sticky skill?

Cygnux likes this.
  13. atmsx

atmsx Member

So I have dodged Meng's ultimate before with Kortav, Lilit, and Mystic. They all have some sort of blink do dodge with. Because its rare that I find myself in a situation to dodge Meng's ult, I don't exactly have a huge sample size so take my words with a grain of salt. From what I've noticed, everytime I dodge, it is almost always to run away so I tend to tele away. I think Meng's ult stops tracking you when you are out of range.

However, I did try this with Kortav within the skill range. haha, gave me quite a stir when during the game, Meng had the potion eye so when I saw Meng, I casted my decoy then predator'd to Meng. Saw with my own eyes the ult that was traveling to the old me turned 180 degrees of direction and went back to me(where I was sitting behind Meng due to predator) so I hit my decoy ult again to switch back to my original spot and the ult this time did not change directions for a second time but was definitely like a *yell* "Totally planned" moment ;)

33heatwave45 likes this.
  14. Sofa_King777

Sofa_King777 New Member

I like gaia because if u try to charge her or duke it out with her u r very likely to lose. U get blinded then stunned then ulted if u dont dodge her leaf blade (which u probably wont if u r agroing her and standing still). She is like long range version of tryptic. Tryptic is melee and has no good gap close, but if u duke it out with him on equal levels u will lose becausr of his short cooldown and high defense.
    Gaia has it all: poke, ease of use, effective escape skills, range. She can use bush to hide and turn around chases. She can beat gap closers. It takes lots of skill, good reflexes and a lot of familiarity to beat her which is very hard to come across.

15. Sofa_King777

Sofa_King777 New Member

The blind has lots of utility as well. Blind ranged so they cant target u. Blind chasers so they cant target teammates. The blind can turn around team fights not to mention the leaf blade stun as well.