Complete Item Changelog (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Setting_Suns, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Setting_Suns

Setting_Suns Well-Known Member

For those of you who still haven't seen it yet, here is the confirmed list of items that have been either completely removed or reworked, and the reasoning why: http://www.heroesoforderandchaosgame.com/news/pdf/HOC_Item_Change_Log_V300_v3KS.pdf

=========================================================================================================

Quick Recap:
    -Over 40 items removed
    -New Build Paths
    -Some items actives/passives changed or completely removed
    -Dedicated update for support/jungler items planned for the future

=========================================================================================================

And their official announcement on the new site:

"Hey HOC players

You’ve already seen several of our articles about the massive changes coming in -RISING- for the 3rd birthday of the game; now, let’s talk about the items for a minute!

Too Many
    These past years we’ve rebalanced them several times. But the list of items itself hasn’t changed much. This can be a problem because our item list was getting too long, so we realized that we needed to reorganize them completely.

Unused
    As we continued to monitor matches (stats, battle tactics, build strategies) we noticed that several items were rarely purchased. Combined with the issue of there being too many items, it became clear that we needed to rework our item list and focus on what was most relevant to players’ needs.

Here we are!
    With this RISING update, we removed about 40 items! It sounds like a lot but we still have all the variety players of every style need. We cut down the number of T1 items and reworked the Craft Paths so that managing your build makes more sense.

We don’t want people to feel lost while buying or crafting items. We want them to hit the shop, get exactly what they need, and get back to the battlefield as quickly as possible! _It’s your turn now
    We hope you enjoy these changes! Take the time to digest them all and try everything out. And feel free to share your opinions after you do.

On our side, the work isn’t over yet! We’ll keep monitoring what happens in-game as well as your feedback to keep balancing things. We can already share that we plan on dedicating an update just for better support and jungler items specifically."

2. Akise

Akise no longer Detective

Oh my god Acolyte Staff so versatile

3. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

Bear claw Squires is the new build

4. vahnzizka

vahnzizka Active Member

This is by far the most significant item rework yet... On the plus side when I get teamed with nubs they won't buy terrible items(as often) but that doesn't mean they'll play better anyways. Honestly I really dislike the higher cost of basic early game items but we'll see how it plays out.

5. wander

wander Active Member

nah just farm 50g and get the second squire. OP.

realturkey likes this.
  6. ThinIce

100 gold*

7. Holic2110

Holic2110 Well-Known Member

Dude, those wings are looking better now. Decreased the price to from 1600 to 1400 and added 5% more att speed? Makes me wanna cry a little. Leviathans cloak has even more reason to be built first in mages. They took the att speed away from ripper and gave it 6 more attack though. I'd rather have the att speed back. But at least we can build into it easily early game leading up to the reapers glove. Squires patience + bear claw. Then build into ripper. Gives an advantage early game to dailiana. Quicker access to ripper.

8. wander

wander Active Member

True so screw that lol

9. Holic2110

Holic2110 Well-Known Member

I agree. And I'm taking advantage of it.

10. ONYX

ONYX Well-Known Member

Marithus will be God

11. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

Also squishier... And how is that different from what you had the option of doing before?

12. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

So much reading. Leve was right.

I know what I'm doing for my commute home today lol

Setting_Suns and Levesqmi like this.
  13. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

And bear claw, blood pouch and potion. These 2 builds might be the top choices for fighters.

For mages, staff and blood pouch, double staff, staff and 450g mp item with potion

We might also see square, boots, potion and ward for support

Some risky build could be to buy nothing,make one wave, and buy face breaker and tor TP to lane. Yet you will be sooo squishy. Or similar: suquire, lane one wave, second squire then tower TP. But I feel that thse 2 choices will be under efficient.

Lot more versatility on initial purchase, something we really needed.

14. ThinIce

No one's gonna get the pouch, everyone will go for damage at start because it's smart to do so. Faster farming, quicker item build, etc. Maybe I haven't analyzed the item builds enough, but now that hermetist is even more difficult to build, you're gonna need all the damage you can get. Hitting with pillows is not worth it in the bruiser meta.

15. Levesqmi

Some key characteristics of this time rework:

Fighters has only one defined defensive item: magical def dull vine shield which has now the bracers effect.

Mages have 2 defined defensive items very similar: spider queen (physical) and Essenes (magical). These 2 might be do on almost every Mage heroes because of the cd it has, the magic attack increase and the base def raise. Add some hp increase item and you have a tanky Mage.

Many times like hermetist cloak have increased in price because they also have increased stats, from 15/15 to 30/30.

The meta might transition to be more tanky, favouring balance of damage and Defense. So I feel that pure carries with 4-6 carry items be viable only with strong cc and tanky team.

Cutlass is the crit+atkspd. Kk is atk+crit dmg, bow is atk+pierce (late game), Jade is atk+reduce (early game), divinity is utility stun+harvest, reaper is dot+atk, ww is atkspd+utility slow, essence is resilience hp +atk. You can build full carry but you might feel on some heroes that the utility items gives much better overal effect than all carry.

Similar conclusion to the mages. Core stats for mages are atk, cd, mp. And you will find itemization can vary depending of what you want to achieve. A 3 carry items, 2 def, 1 hp increase might be the standard build for mages. Pick those that fits best the hero style and skill sets.

Mage tanks now have easier access to the Mage atk increase item, spider queen and essence. It makes more sense in their core build with the stats change.

Physical tanks would ove the Jade/bow, dull vine and an array of other twnk items like Hades, horn, valkyrian robe, pendant, etc.

Troja42 and Setting_Suns like this.
  16. LastStand

LastStand Sleek

I dunno, squires and chain mail is looking quite nice to me. I reckon tanks will start with blood pouch, chain mail, and a potion.

17. Levesqmi

Yes, but as a jungler rushing for that helm component for the hermetist makes sense. Pouch and staff works very well combining similar effect than 2 squires.

18. Levesqmi

That is indeed another option I forgot to mention.

LastStand likes this.
  19. LastStand

LastStand Sleek

Reapers glove is totally meta.

Late game for fighter (IMO) in no order:

1. Longbow
    2. Reapers
    3. WW
    4. Divinity
    5. Hades
    6. King killer

Man this'll be fun...

20. Levesqmi

Not the highest DPS build but very close to.

Can't wait to see how the community will shape the meta around these item changelog.