Cyclops tips

Discussion in 'Guardian Guides' started by Chloé Owey, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Chloé Owey

Chloé Owey Star Gazer

Dec 15, 2015
    What is the best way to play cyclops in tablets, talents, and strategies.

2. matteper

matteper Active Member

May 26, 2015
    Basically he is so weak so u shouldn't play him at all

Eshende and 3V1LS0UL like this.
  3. Chloé Owey

Chloé Owey Star Gazer

Dec 15, 2015
    Plz I've seen really good cyclops players make him work mostly the ones with his chef skin.

4. Kidreapa

Kidreapa boy with manners

Nov 14, 2014
    Cyclops? Never heard of him

3V1LS0UL likes this.
  5. Kidreapa

Nov 14, 2014
    Hes really bad right now , mainly his mana costs

6. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer Controller of Misery

Feb 10, 2015
    Skins don't really mean anything........ I'd use toxicity, protective, and the one that reduces damage when stunned or silenced. Strategies is to stun their adc and help your adc kill their adc

3V1LS0UL and Kidreapa like this.
  7. Kidreapa

Nov 14, 2014
    Im mad cause you said something worth reading wp, except theirs some better choices for tablets

3V1LS0UL likes this.
  8. Sadowmancer

Feb 10, 2015
    <3 Yeah but these are the most common for defensive tanks. Also frost bolt tablet as well. I'd replace the one that reduced damage when stunned/ silenced if they don't have a hero that does that.

Riley12301, Eshende, 3V1LS0UL and 2 others like this.
  9. Chloé Owey

Chloé Owey Star Gazer

Dec 15, 2015

10. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

Dec 2, 2013
    Cyclops is really good tank. He can fit your playstyle as pure tank or bruiser. Build?? Depends on the situation. I always build tempest boots to chase opponents.
    ****too lazy to write full guide

11. yololtroll

yololtroll Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    He is not that good but still pretty much usable. Here is My ten cents

Take Blink and Teleport since you are not so mobile. The former is your only gap closer and the later is for helping your teammates from far away.

For Tablets, I go Teleportation to help people, Cougar for roaming and Immorality because healing is OP. Toxicity is also good because of returning damage and Protective is quite nice because of the shield. HP and NO are pretty much the only runes you should take for sustaining yourself.

For talents, go Support-Guardian. Don't waste any point in Fighter since his damage is already very low so there is no real point in pumping talents to increase it. Do not waste a point on Mage because you are not a Mage. You would like Surprise and Fast Healer for sustain and Last Stand for holding on fights. The other stuff are not that important. Read Leve Optimization Guide to find out more.

For game-play, if you lane, pick up first skill, if you jungle get second skill. In lane, try to melee your opponent a few times with your third skill on for trades. If you cannot last hit something, eat it. Do not abuse your skills since they cost a lot of mana. In jungle, just stun the creeps, turn on your passive and hit them till they die. It is very long and boring. Whatever you do, try to gank whenever possible. Since your clears are so horrible, it is pretty your only income.

For skill build, max ultimate whenever possible. It is still an AOE stun despite its problems. Max your passive for damage mitigation second. Max your first skill third as it allows you to sustain and stay alive so well. I know it is very underrated but it is all worth it. Take a point in the second and leave it there. Though the stun lasts longer, you cannot spam its as much so not worth. As for skill usage, it is pretty simple: You stun ad stun and then go bitch slaps people while your team do the work, eat something while you are low and come back. Just toss your second skill then ultimate and Bam, 20 or more assists per game. The only fancy thing you can do with him is flash then stun, which is pretty much the same thing.

For items, buy hermit cape. It is your ONLY source of damage. The AOE improves your clears drastically. Get either Chain if they have so much CC or Tempest for like all the other times since you got to go fast. Then depends on the situation, your build will vary. I will away gets Zealot's Horny and Dull Vine Shield for their great utility.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Chloé Owey likes this.
  12. Kidreapa

Nov 14, 2014
    I feel like you are 11 year old chubby kid omgg

Sadowmancer likes this.
  13. Chloé Owey

Chloé Owey Star Gazer

Dec 15, 2015
    So from there I can build ssod with chain boots for extra hp and to deal with the slows, hermatist, dull divine, hades, and what about the ripper would that be good for him? Or get something else

14. Sadowmancer

Feb 10, 2015
    this made me laugh more than I should've. XD lmao

Riley12301 likes this.
  15. Sadowmancer

Feb 10, 2015
    No point in damage since he already has low damage. I'd probably get Pendant if you don't have a healer. It can save you from near death and if used when dealing against a fighter that thinks they can 1v1 you bam you have back like 750 health.

Chloé Owey likes this.
  16. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

Dec 2, 2013
    Lel...this shows that you re outdated bro.. cyclops ult is sht atm.
    Max passive/active and stun

17. Chloé Owey

Chloé Owey Star Gazer

Dec 15, 2015
    Pendant it is then.:)

Sadowmancer likes this.
  18. Yup this is 25 Characters

Yup this is 25 Characters Active Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Use speed boot profile skill(i forgot the name...),play similar like jombra always move ahead of ur opponent and stun them,its really op ya is ur reaction is good,but since he dont have any damage he really shxt in late game.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  19. yololtroll

yololtroll Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    It is still usable to me so it depends. I can still pull off three man stun and stuff Lel.

20. Chloé Owey

Chloé Owey Star Gazer

Dec 15, 2015
    That boots is situational