DLC 15 CHANGELOG

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Andreea, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Andreea

Andreea Active Member

If someone else already copied my post from the official forums and I missed it, then please delete this one. If not, here's the patchnotes.

We will be keeping an eye out on these particular heroes to see how the meta scene evolves. In the meantime, we'll be reworking some items & heroes for the next update.

Cyclops:
    Hammer Smash:The stun time is reduced to 0.75/1/1.25/1.5s from 1.5s.
    Eye of Fury:The stun time is reduced to 0.5s from 1s.

Gambler:
    Dice attack:Bonus damage multiplier increased to 80% from 45%.
    Glittering Surprise:The stun time reduced to 1-1.5/1-2/1-2.5/1-3s from 1-2/1-3/1-4/2-5s
    mana cost reduced to 100/120/140/160 from 100/140/180/220
    Gambler:Bonus damage multiplier increased to 50% from 25%.
    The Gambler should be able to burst out a lot of damage by compromising some of the mobility/CC. Gambler players will now have to carefully consider their positioning and teamplay.

Planewalker:
    Deadly Gaze:The stun time reduced to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75s from 2s
    Eye of the Beholder:The duration reduced to 3s from 5s.

Paladin Grandmaster:
    Rush:the armor reduction effect reduced to 10 from 10/15/20/25.
    Unwavering Faith:cooldown increased to 70s from 70/60/50s.
    Mana cost increased to 80/110/140 from 80/40/0

Priestess of the Tides:
    Ahriman Blessing:The stun time reduced to 1.5s from 2s.
    The bonus damage multiplier reduced to 15% from 40%.
    Dead Eye:The petrified time reduce to 2/2.5/3s from 2/3/4s
    The reduction of movement speed effect reduced to 20/35/50% from 50%.

This is possibly a major nerf towards the Priestess of the Tides. However, she was conceived as a support. When we crunched the numbers we realized that she had an extremely deadly combination of CC + AP Damage, at times higher than pure damage-oriented Mages. She will be more useful as a support from now on. We plan to revisit Support roles, payouts, items & playability to make them more satisfying in the next updates.

As usual, feel free to share unconditional love & possible hate towards our latest balance change in the discussions section of this forum!

2. Simon95

Simon95 Member

Seems ok to me. None of these changes will destroy one of these heroes, although some seem pretty massive and maybe need some re-adjustment to keep them effective. We will see....

Nice to hear you lower the scaling of supports (...ant...). This will be a good change and hopefully the real playstyle of supports will be reborn with it.

3. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

Thank you andreaa for posting this DLC. So far, from what I read, this seems a fair changelog.

---
    I predict that we gonna see gambler being played a bit more mage build oriented, for that bonus dmg from magic attack. But change is fair.

----
    I have not tested it, but Sia might not be nerfed enough. I would have like to see a reduction of the armor reduction from her Snake Venom (passive). Reducing by 10-20-30-40 is massive, really. Something like 5-10-15-20 would have been sufficient, and even would have been huge. Specially when you consider this on top of any other debuff (talents, inscriptions, items). So she will deal true damage to everyone that have not bought a magic armor still. The combo "passive activated, hit once for debuff and DoT, use 2nd skill slow to catch up, 1st skill trail to stun which adds bonus dmg, keep hitting and blocking under the trail" will still deal insane damage.

Moreover, Ahriman Blessing (2nd skill) adds this debuff "Basic attack lowered by 10/15/20/25% for 4 seconds." Normally, when stunned, you wont attack the enemy, so it is a bit unproductive effect. I would instead propose to swap the debuff from Arhiman Blessing (basic attack reduction) and Snake Venom (reduce enemy magic resistance):

This is just food for thought, not a final solution. I think this would be valuable asking feedback from the community and see what other ideas could be brought on the table.

----
    Joombra needed a big nerf, which you have provided. He wont be as hard to counter early game now. He still get great value end game though.

---
    Paladin's mana cost for ultimate seems a little high. We will see how it turns in the upcoming days. Rest is fair.

---
    Overall, great possibilities. Now, please, nerf monkey. His combo ult-jump-slam-burst is so good that it unbalance completely the game. One *quick* way to do it is to remove ALL scaling from his skills. Combo will still be available, but with the dmg reduced, it wont be a team wipe everytime. And it is doable through a DLC.

4. JoshuaisaDolphin

JoshuaisaDolphin Virgin

Interesting changes, I like. Hurts some of these heroes' usefulness but doesn't appear to ruin any by that much, surprisingly.

Thanks. ^^

5. Bloodexorcist

Bloodexorcist Active Member

oh wow this is gonna shift the meta quit a lot

6. wander

wander Active Member

maybe they should give some utility to his pasive skill when enchanted: instead of dealing a lot of damage they can reset the damage that the shield have recieved or give you another one if its already gone. Or can be used twice to remove a CC hability before it goes to cooldown.

7. sulluman

sulluman New Member

Very interesting!

Though I expect elf to dominate even more in this less stun oriented environment.

XStormspirit likes this.
  8. Bloodexorcist

Bloodexorcist Active Member

valox taunt gg

9. wessaur

wessaur New Member

I am angry because of pala thank you all now we have to buy fernames or something stupid lame loft

Edit: monkey still same why? Because in lottery... it means more $

10. Dottorizoo

Dottorizoo Member

What does mean that gambler should sacrifice mobility? He has been nerfeed also in stats? Or only on skills?

11. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

Read again, it is clear what has been changed from Andreaa's post. Stun nerfed but higher dmg scaling. Nothing else.

Pala is still a great top tier fighter (not a tank), even with this nerf. If you cant manoeuvre around this modification, you still have lot to learn about the game.

Hint: fername on paladin is pointless.

12. Akise

Akise no longer Detective

Looks like I have to update my Gambler guide 0.o

I was hoping for buffs as well as nerfs to some heroes :)

13. wessaur

wessaur New Member

Pala is my main and i was ranker old system. so dont teach me game pls fernames was joke.

14. Dottorizoo

Dottorizoo Member

Thx.

15. supersimon68

supersimon68 Member

wow they nerf top tier heroes but not elf... making her harder to counter in game. i would be fine if elf didnt destroy almosy every mage in game and still be able to out gold/level everyone

Rage530 likes this.
  16. Dilina

Dilina Member

Everythings fair, but jombraa nerf is little too huge imo, maybe scale his magic damage a lil bit for the lost cc might make him still gd but still his cc is nerfed

17. Endymio

Endymio Tanky

Really good changes! Well done IMO.

18. Jin5

Jin5 Member

I just live this part so much *We plan to revisit Support roles, payouts, items & playability to make them more satisfying in the next updates*

19. Dilina

Dilina Member

They lost nothing only jombra and sia got a heavy nerf, pala lost nothing just his armor reduce went down mana and cd up. Pierce inscription cano do the job or u wont see a big difference in early game late gam wud be just around -10 dmg

Jombra cc is fked and the way his nerf is total nerf cuz very low duration of skill, so g loft can at least buff his magic scale so still nerfed cc but ok. But this is a total nerf of skill timings

20. mythreaper

mythreaper Active Member

Cyclops also a bit more useless. Difficult if not impossible to use the thrown gap closer followed by ultimate. Previously they matched up perfectly. Now opponents can get away (just tested it). So makes me wonder why nerf him if you effectively make his combo useless. Cyclops double stun was the only reason to play him. His first skill is retarded and third skill weak.

And yeah jombraa really really nerfed. Ouch!

Guardians have a tough enough time of it as it is. What with low DPS and players who don't know how to play with tanks and the constant grief u get from team mates. I agree gambler and sia needed fixing... But not cyclops and jombraa. Their role is to tank, which is now even more difficult ... And even less people will play them now (it was already difficult to find good tanks in p vs p)..., oh well. I lose interest even more. As if anyone cares...