[Donovac] IssacFrost's Guide to <Bringer of Salvation>

Discussion in 'Guardian Guides' started by IssacFrost, Dec 17, 2014.

1. IssacFrost

IssacFrost New Member

Unlikely. We have different ways to run Donovac. You like him as a Bruiser/Carry type. I like playing all his aspects.

I have gotten more success getting Cloak then Lost. After that it all depends. I shift my character a lot more then you do in your build. And I no longer have a definite build. Sometimes I build Stirring then Lost. Sometimes Lost then Hades. Sometimes Hades then Stirring. I perform to many variations. I also use King Killer.

At times I don't pick any serious defense except Hades/Farseer's and load up on offense when playing as Carry.

Also in Ranked its never a good idea to have a set buy this item in stone. Battles can shift quickly.

2. actinomycetemcomitans

actinomycetemcomitans Well-Known Member

Well he IS a bruiser, his skillset wont allow you to protect teammates... As you want^^

3. DexterVist

DexterVist Active Member

Despite Donnovac having CC, 2nd cast stun, single target slow and atk speed debuff, by building more offensive items you can contribute more in team fights, since most players will only target a tank in order to harrass before a full out engage. If they target you, the carry will kill them, if they target the carry, you can still or may win out the fight by having damage available to secure kills; rather than pure defensive items.

I'm all in favor for building defensively first, but most players tend to forget to look at what items players purchase allowing me to screw with them by building as a bruiser sometimes when I play as a guardian.

4. IssacFrost

IssacFrost New Member

Did you take a look at the pictures provided by Sulluman? Him playing as Donovac. Barely any attack items. Large amounts of kills and assists.

He -has- the tools to kill and protect. I been playing him exclusively now and I tend to mix my bag.

There are no good carries or seem unreliable:
    I grab one or two defensive items and load up on WW+AC+DS+JA/KK

There are good/excellent carries and no real good tank:
    I grab two attack items like WW for snare and JA for defense cripple and load up on items like ZH, SSoD, HA and LHC.

Enemy is relying mostly on physical carries:
    Counter with physical defense like HA and FC. Bring in the pain with WW+AC+DS.

Enemy is relying mostly on magical carries:
    Counter with magical defense like DVS and FC. Again I bring the pain with the above setup.

I change Donovac around a lot. He is an incredibly versatile character who can be tank, bruiser or full carry. That's what I like about him.

Also his Ult. is excellent to protect your carries and secure the kills. That's usually how I get K and/or AK. I tend to get 10+ K and 10+ AK.

Team work is also important. :)

5. IssacFrost

IssacFrost New Member

Check the pictures provided by Sulluman. He builds basically tank and still has 10+ K and AK.

Which is why I been going at it usually with Cape, LHC, HA or SSoD then WW then DS followed by JA. That setup usually covers it all in terms of bruising. I get snare, stun, defense cripple plus my skills. I can also add AC to give myself stupid amounts of attack speed and proc stun, slow and -defense.

6. actinomycetemcomitans

I dont really care about SS in pvp, i could post you great score i had with troll build, it wouldnt prove its the best build.
    To really know if your build is appropriated you need a fair game with guilds of same level.

7. IssacFrost

IssacFrost New Member

We have practically the same way of using him from what I read from your guide. I'm a bit more on the defense side and like WW+JA+DS to snare, stun and -defense. But we usually pick the same gear. You even stated AC is not that good anymore which kind of leaves WW which you also suggested :)

8. Leo798(7)

Leo798(7) Active Member

Stirring souls passive is also awesome increases ure attack

9. actinomycetemcomitans

Since new patch things are different, donovac cant reach high attack speed easely, making watchers whisperers a better item(same problem for fighters in general).

But even considering WW is better theres no wayyou shoud buy it too early like on screenshots you posted.

I just dont like hermetist with him, he has fighters stats damm give him dommages/attack speed for autoattck instead of that middle game item, or more defense than+15/+15 if you need more resilience.
    I like hermet only if i have money fast

If you tend to jungle with him(according to your screenshots), and spend your money on 1rst hermet 2nd WW, you will be meat for carrys lining (while you saved 5900 for these items liners will have more money) and still wont be that good offensively(dont buy WW too early)

But i wont comment more, your 1396 score in pvp ladder shows your still learning you'll discover itemization ways by yourself

10. ForestNight

ForestNight Active Member

wait i read the whole guide...... your words are used very well.. good job