FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by DragonFire92x, Feb 26, 2014.

1. DragonFire92x

DragonFire92x One True God

This is an FAQ thread that we will used to answer question that are asked over and over. Usually questions that you might consider "nooby" are the ones that are best for this. Please submit frequently asked questions and/or answers. If it's just a regular question that isn't asked a lot then just post it in the Q&A thread.

PLEASE. Contribute to this thread as it cannot grow without your help

Questions (use ctrl+f and [x] where x is the number for the question you want to quickly navigate to the answer):

[1] What hero should I buy?
    [2] What is the fastest way to earn emblems?
    [3] How do I get a specific gold inscription through exchanging silver inscriptions?
    [4] How do I get 1st place icon a.k.a. the bonus 270 emblems?
    [5] Do item unique effects stack? (e.g. Will two hades armor reflect 40%x2 damage)
    [6] What is the difference between harvest and leech?
    [7] How are battle points calculated?
    [8] If I am on iOS, can I play with someone on Android (or vice versa)?
    [9] How do I contact Gameloft?
    [10] I was invisible with yet the enemy still attacked me. How?
    [11] I just started playing HOC. What should I buy first?
    [12] Which talents/tablets/items should I use for [insert hero here]?
    [13] I just logged in and found that I was back to level one with no heroes. What happened?
    [14] How come I am not getting any rank points towards the league when I win?
    [15] When is the next hero/next update coming out?
    [16] When is the next rune sale happening?

[hr]

[1] What hero should I buy?

This can be the most annoying question to frequently appear on the forum. It does not mean you can't ask it but it would be better if you include the following information:
    - The role you prefer in a hero (i.e. getting kills, being up front and taking damage so your teammate won't, or supporting from behind)
    - Heroes you already own and enjoy using
    - Your interest in a competitively used hero or just for fun/trolling

[2] What is the fastest way to earn emblems?

The fastest way to earn emblems is through co-op with friends usually requiring one person to be erefern. If you want to enjoy the game playing against other players, then doing PvP matches would be the fastest.

[3] How do I get a specific gold inscription through exchanging silver inscriptions?

When you exchange silver inscriptions for a gold inscription, the result is random. You could put four of the same chaos inscriptions and get a different order inscription.

[4] How do I get 1st place icon a.k.a. the bonus 270 emblems?

This is a misunderstanding as the 1st icon refers to your first win of the day.

[5] Do item unique effects stack? (e.g. Will two hades armor reflect 40%x2 damage)

No, they do not stack otherwise stacking hades armor would make you overpowered against physical heroes.

[6] What is the difference between harvest and leech?

Harvest is for physical heroes while leech is for magical heroes. They are both for recovering health based on a percentage of the damage you do to an enemy. For more information on which hero is which type, check out section 3.1.2 in my beginner guide found here: http://heroesoforderandchaosforum.com/showthread.php?tid=6630

[7] How are battle points calculated?

This is not 100% confirmed but the first factor is the skill level/ranking of your opponents. Then the length of the game, your K/D/A ratio, and few people disconnecting/leaving the game are the other factors. The higher rank/skill of your opponents and time for the match while playing well, the more BP you get.

[8] If I am on iOS, can I play with someone on Android (or vice versa)?

No, they are separate servers. This is obvious from the fact that updates for Android come much later.

[9] How do I contact Gameloft?

Please see the following link: http://heroesoforderandchaosforum.com/showthread.php?tid=6593

[10] I was invisible with yet the enemy still attacked me. How?

- Someone nearby had a farseeing tonic
    - Someone placed a staff of protection nearby
    - An ant placed a sentry around
    - Khlint used his flare skill
    - Someone used eagle eye on the area
    - You were near an enemy tower
    - You were hit right before going invisible or were attacked by a DoT skill
    - Some AoE skills can still hurt you (e.g. Mystic's wall, Jombraa's ult, Goroshia's pillars of flame, etc.

[11] I just started playing HOC. What should I buy first?

Surprise (3/3) from the third tier of the Support talent tree is available at level 13 and is your best choice. Rather than buying heroes you aren't familiar with, get Surprise to stay in lane for much longer. Surprise is useful for all heroes. It's best to learn the mechanics of the game and your general playstyle by playing free heroes before you decide to buy any.\

[12] Which talents/tablets/items should I use for [insert hero here]?

Check the guide section here for guides on specific heroes. If a guide doesn't provide enough information, feel free to ask the OP (original poster) about it.\

[13] I just logged in and found that I was back to level one with no heroes. What happened?

You might be on the other server; there are two: World and China. Your profile, skills, level, etc on World is not saved on China and vise versa.

[14] How come I am not getting any rank points towards the league when I win?

There are two options (the magnifying glass icon) before clicking pvp after choosing your map. There is "normal" and "ranked" options. You were likely playing on the normal option. Only ranked games will count towards the league.

In addition, sometimes when you crash and reconnect you will not lose or gain any points for completing the game.

[15] When is the next hero/next update coming out?

No one other than Gameloft knows exactly. They will provide silhouettes when they plan on releasing new heroes on the next update. They will release one on the update then the rest are usually released 3-4 weeks after.

[16] When is the next rune sale happening?

Similar to question 15, no one other than Gameloft knows exactly. However, it makes most sense for Gameloft to have a rune sale during holidays or at times when they are not expecting to release new heroes soon.

2. Shinsjq

Shinsjq New Member

Hi just wanna know what's the different between pierce through magic/phy defense and increase magic/phy on the inscription.

3. Isendir1

Isendir1 New Member

http://heroesoforderandchaosforum.com/showthread.php?tid=7091

4. O 3o

O 3o Member

A. Good question as well is why. Is the sky blue? And why does the new minataur skin make him smaller and why does he have a head full of penises protruding from it? Put a paper bag over that god dammit. :(

5. Sand

Sand New Member

Wuuuhhhhhhhh... .-.

I'm not sure that's frequently asked...

6. O 3o

O 3o Member

Everyone on chat/guild/game said the same thing :/

7. Nightshadexx

Nightshadexx Active Member

Well id like my thread back please

8. DragonFire92x

Copy and paste it. I'll delete mine after.

9. Nightshadexx

You can keep it for now.

Just ask next time...

You will be more diligent in updating if as I'm busy for the next two weeks

Cheers

10. DragonFire92x

Well you didn't really update your post. Then the forum went to hell and all that was restored was the initial post so I mentioned I would jack the thread. Guess you didn't see it before I did. XD

11. Nightshadexx

12. Mister_me71

Mister_me71 New Member

In my weekly challenges it says I need 7 first win awards. My question is what are they?

13. Valhallax

Valhallax Active Member

Every day when the server resets for daily rewards etc. The first win you manage you get the +250 emblems. It's basically wanting you to finish that each day for the week even though mine never seems to go past 1 or 2.....

14. DragonFire92x

*cough* PLEASE. Contribute to this thread as it cannot grow without your help *cough*

15. Chrisp

Chrisp Member

My bad, meant to post these a week ago.

I just started playing HOC. What should I buy first?

Surprise (3/3) from the third tier of the Support talent tree is available at level 13 and is your best choice. Rather than buying heroes you aren't familiar with, get Surprise to stay in lane for much longer. Surprise is useful for all heroes. It's best to learn the mechanics of the game and your general playstyle by playing free heroes before you decide to buy any.

Which talents/tablets/items should I use for [insert hero here]?

Check the guide section here for guides on specific heroes. If a guide doesn't provide enough information, feel free to ask the OP (original poster) about it.

A few small errors
    2 and 11 are the same
    There's no space after the bracket in 10

16. Mister_me71

Mister_me71 New Member

Oh, I see. Well thank you, that makes a lot of sense

17. dudee46

dudee46 Member

You might be on the other server; there are two: World and China. What is saved on World is not saved on China and vise versa. You also might be on the another device run by android/ ios. These are not saved on eachother either.
    Sorry I don't how to word my answer.

18. xXspiderbiteXx

xXspiderbiteXx Member

Different servers=different accounts I guess

19. Mabarry3

Mabarry3 Active Member

There's also a glitch in which full accounts sometimes get a level 1 account and own nothing, even on their own server. But relogging usually fixes that.

20. jeremydreamer17

jeremydreamer17 Active Member

How are some users invisible?