Gaia Rework

Discussion in 'Nerfs and Buffs' started by 2rp, Sep 10, 2016.

Tags:

Does Gaia need a rework?

1. Yes, and I agree with the changes bellow

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Yes, but I don't agree with the changes bellow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, leave her as she is

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  4. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. As long as we can get Firebow Gaia back.

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 2rp

2rp Member

Now, I don't consider Gaia to be overpowered, but I do find problems with her kit. Personally, I think she needs a rework. Please note that the numbers may need some tweaking. This is what I came up with:

1st skill: Razor Vines (Changed from Razor Leaves)

Gaia sends out thorny vines in an attempt to restrain an enemy. The vines travel through minions dealing damage. If the vines hit an enemy, they will be rooted for up to 2 seconds and take damage every 0.5 seconds as long as Gaia keeps Channeling. Gaia can freely move around while channeling, but will stop if she attacks with a basicattack or uses a skill.
    Note: Silence or Stun will break the channeling

Damage Minions: 80/130/180/230 + 0.8 of magical damage
    Damage Hero: 30/40/50/60 + 0.2 of magical damage every 0.5 seconds
    (Max damage: 120/160/200/240 + 0.8 of magical damage)
    Max Immobilize: 2s
    Target: Line (skillshot)
    Cooldown: 10s
    Range: 12m

Comment:
    Her old combo was an important part of her play, and while not a direct combo, the new abilities work well together. I didn't want to completely change who Gaia is, so she will still keep certain part of her kit. Also, even though this skill only deals damage to a single enemy hero, she still keeps her waveclear.

2nd skill: Seed of Corruption

Gaia conjures a seed of corruption to affect an area. Enemies inside the area cannot see outside the area. The seed is unstable and will explode after 2 seconds dealing damage and reducing the sight of enemies. If an enemy affected by the dimmed sight is healed by a skill, they will explode dealing damage to themselves and nearby enemies, refreshing the duration of the dimmed sight.
    Note: Enemies affected by dimmed sight will slowly regain their vision.

Damage: 125/175/225/270 + 0.75 of magical damage
    Damage Heal: 100/150/200/250 + 0.50 of magical damage
    Dimmed Sight: 4 seconds
    Target: Area of effect
    Radius: 3-4m
    Cooldown: 13s
    Range: 11m

Comment:
    The original skill, Seed of Corruption seemed really unbalanced to me. Being able to just walk up and reduce the vision of an enemy, while dealing a good amount of undodgeable damage over time could completely shut down a hero. In additon, it is a really easy way to set up ganks. With the rework, you can actually move out of the Aoe, even if you are in the center of the ability (That is If I could find out how big the radius should be). As stated above, this skill works well with the 1st skill. Place the seed of corruption, then restrain the enemy with Razor Vines so that they will be inside the explosion. Also, please note that the Heal Damage only applies If the target is healed by an ABILITY not by basicattacks or items, having harvest or leech will not activate the explosion, but skills like Acridixes "Leap of Filth" or Peilas "Pounded", will still activate the explosion if it heals them. (This may however be a problem with Kortavs passive, activating for every tick of health recovered, maybe add a counter for amounts of time the seed can explode)

3rd skill: Garden Maker

Passive: Each unit killed by Gaia will become a lawn where they were killed. When Gaia stands (hovers) on the lawn, she will become invisible and have increased movementspeed. Enemies cannot see her unless a enemy hero is within 10/9/8/7m of Gaia. Using an ability will not break the stealth.

Active: Gaia forms a Lawn centered at herself

Movementspeed: 10/15/20/25%
    Radius: 4m
    Cooldown: 20/18/16/14

Comment: A small change? I think the current passive was a bit boring. When you are low on HP, just step into the lawn and wait for your cooldowns. With this, you force your enemies to get into the range of your abilities, rather than standing back and sending faeries at you. Also, I increased the radius of the lawn, so you can move around and have more chance of dodging Aoe abilities.

4th skill: Beam Cannon
    Gaia Focuses her power and releases it as a magical beam, causing continuous damage to all enemies in front of the beam. Gaia can move freely around while channeling, but cannot change the direction of the beam. If an enemy is affected by Seed of Corruption they will explode, but may only explode once this way. Beam cannon will not reset dimmed sight on a target.

Damage: 70/95/120 + 0.45 of magical damage per hit
    Slow: 15%
    Slow Duration: 1 second
    Duration: 5 seconds
    Cooldown: 70/60/50s
    Range: 13m

Comment:
    The current beam is sort of confusing. I remember when I first tried to use it, and had no idea how to steer it. You can think of the reworked beam as a big Skale "Crippling Blast". I also thought the movementspeed from Garden Maker would do well with this Ability. It now has a set duration (and cost).

Please feel free to leave your own suggestions, and tell me what you agree/disagree about this post. If anything was unclear, please let me know, and I will try to answer.

2. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer 屮 vιolenт тendencιeѕ 屮 Staff Member

No, rework her lawn and she's good. She's a top tier Mage if you know how to play her. Change her lawn and she'll be good.

3. GuideMage

GuideMage Seeking for guild!

Only thing i hate is ult mana cost:artist:

Golem likes this.
  4. StepBySteps

StepBySteps New Member

Her 1st skill is good! No need to change it:angelic:

5. 2rp

2rp Member

I mainly wanted to change her 2nd skill as it doesn't feel rewarding to just put it on an enemy hero. Therefore changeing it to an aoe. However, this meant that her 1st skill wouldn't combo as easily together with the new Seed of Corruption. This is why I changed it aswell.

A solution could be to make her 2nd skill explode early if hit by the 1st skill, but personally I preffer my first suggestion over this one.

6. 2rp

2rp Member

I think certain parts of her kit requires little skill, but gives far too great of a reward, and can make her frustrating to play against if you can't outrange her. On top of having high CC which is easy to land, she also has damage. I'm all for High Skill, High Reward, and while Gaia isn't the first hero I would put into this category, she certainly isn't the last either. But she is definetly down there.
    The problem I find with her is that she is boring to play as, while at the same time being frustraiting to play against.

I do agree about the lawns thought. Just a small increase in their size might be enough, but I think having more counterplay than just placing a 100g ward may be a good addition.

7. 2rp

2rp Member

I can agree with you on this. Building mana items will actually increase the cost as it is % based.

8. Average Player

Average Player Da Sassy Owls

meh they should reduce her seed range to 10 and razor leaf to 12 and make it travel faster

qwerty1124 likes this.
  9. qwerty1124

qwerty1124 Active Member

this i agree

10. qwerty1124

qwerty1124 Active Member

however, using seed of corruption is kinda obvious though, going up casually.... DUHHHH, i know what you are doing mate. so, i dont know how i should tweek her second skill......

11. Lachie95

Lachie95 Forum Lurker

Why not make seed of corruption a skill shot, and give it a faster movement speed to compensate? It's no longer a guaranteed hit, requiring skill to land. Also provide an added benefit that Gaia isn't revealed whilst in a lawn when using her seed of corruption, could allow someone to set multiple bushes up to keep the enemy guessing where the seed is coming from.

2rp likes this.
  12. pandagamer19876

pandagamer19876 Member

So much stuff but I think these things will make her too op. She's already op according to some. But I think one thing to really add is speed for casting her skills. She moves her hands way too slow sometimes, especially when you're trying to hit the enemy with first skill while they're blinded.

13. 2rp

2rp Member

May I ask what you think is OP? Is it the base damage or scaling of 1 or more of the abilities, the passive, the range or size of the abilities? Or is it something different?