(Guervus) eeevlira's "Bulky Build" Guide for (Molten Lord)

Discussion in 'Mage Guides' started by eeevlira, Feb 11, 2015.

1. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014
    RE: (Guervus) eeevlira's " Real Tanky Build" Guide for (Molten Lord) updated...

Yeah, hahahaha, now on I will be aware of this.

2. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014

Hi.

Thanks for commenting, but I don't understand the question. You mean an alternative "main itemization", or an alternative 1st item bought in LVL1 matches?

3. WolfCyr

WolfCyr Member

Aug 30, 2014

Hi, i've just read this guide and it had make me laught, really.
    Fighter talents on a mage, I've dreamed so long of this kind of weird stuff and you show me that originality is possible on this game.

Thanks a lot guy !

I only hope that gameloft will bring more items, profile skills and tablet in game and stop making heroes suit only one role to be able to create more fun builds like yours.

Thanks, thanks and thanks again, have a nice day !

4. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2014

I think he means other options as to what to buy first.

Normally I just go with Hades, searing orb, attack speed as part of my first three items. It all depends on who's the threat.

5. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

Nov 8, 2013
    Hey, great guide, ill add to my guide databse when i get a chance.

Only problem i have with it is your skill building.
    You should always max the snake first, the passive is absolutely nothing in comparison to the damage level 4 snake does.

Great guide, well wrote and alot of effort put into it, and very refreshing.

6. ThinIce

Dec 28, 2014

Depends on the situation. I like to max snake and passive together for easy farming. Otherwise, maxiing out the snake isn't bad either.

7. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014

My pleasure. Glad you like it (also glad to see someone trying nasty, crazy and weird things on heroes building).

Thanks man for commenting. : D

8. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014

Hi. Thanks for your comment. Im glad you like the guide. XD

About the Skill building, I agree with ThinIce, it's all about situations. For example, if you build a magical attack item 1st (Searing Orb for instance) instead of building HP and Attack Speed early game, it is better to max Snake 1st.

I always build HP and Attack Speed items early game, so I opt to max Passive, so I become tanky from the very beginning and take advantage of the passive skill along with my tankyness and my main source of dmg dealing is normal attacks.

A great alternative (for all situations, IMO) is the one ThinIce recommends: Maxing Passive and Snake at the same level.

Again, thanks for commenting.

9. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014

What the hell...Hahaha someone set my guide to 3 stars. Oh, well..

10. dennelo

dennelo Member

Apr 24, 2013

i voted 3 stars aswell... dont know why you find that weird?

11. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014

Last time I enter forum, it was 5 (about two days ago). This looks weird to me cause there are guides around that miss Itemization, talents, Tablets, Inscriptions and have 5 starts (even with a poor explaining); not this guide.

Besides, it disappoints me if someone just rate it poorly without even trying the build (specially after reading about fighter talents). Most of the times I play 3v3 map, 5v5 (not train), this guide makes Guervus a monster, in 5v5 (train one) this guide makes him also good.

Leo798(7) likes this.
  12. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Guide updated to Revision 4.0 (minor changes). Thanks for reading.

13. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Hello.

New revision done this day (April 24, 2015). Check notes about REVISION 5.0 (Red Text) to see the changes done.

Thanks for reading.
    eeevlira

14. LastStand

LastStand Sleek

Dec 22, 2014
    Awesome! Glad to see this is still here and known!

15. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Hahaha, thanks bro.

16. Pyronain

Pyronain New Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I really do feel like this the best guide to building Guervus. I usually play guardians most of the time, but playing Guervus as a tank is really fun! Incredibly organized and very well explained. Though, have you ever thought of Arrogance Cloak's passive activating with WW's passive on an enemy? Would something like that be a situation thing to build?

17. ThinIce

Dec 28, 2014
    This is how I would build Guervus with the release of more tanky and OP heroes. The key is to get magic damage in quickly so that you can keep up with the farming.

Arrogance
    Boneflame
    Watcher's
    Hades
    Saintly silver/dull vine/zealot's
    Stirring Soul

Lollipop is not as viable since you need the pierce or you won't do sufficient damage. You need at least one extra attack speed paired with watcher's so that you can deal faster attack intervals. Supplement the rest with potions.

I tried the old build after they released the new heroes and I found myself struggling to keep up. The build on this guide is catered to a late game style, while the item build above has more early and mid game, as well as more base magic attack. It used to work well when Kotun was a threat, not so much now with Aria and Draeznor.

Also, tablet of piercing can help you too since magic defense greatly hinders Guervus and his ability to dish out sufficient damage. In turn, it makes you less tanky.

18. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Hi.

I'm glad you liked the guide. : )

Actually, I didn't know about that (what a noob of me hahaha)....I just knew it about a week ago....But I have not played HOC since two weeks, so I've not tested it on scenarios where AC could be used on this build. Once I've tested it maybe I will change this guide (I'm not sure cause this build focuses more on HP than any other feature, so adding Arrogance, will make all the guide modified).

But if you wanna try by yourself, you can wear the itemization/tablet guide from ThinIce answering your post; anyways I will try to update this guide according to your suggestions (Arrogance Cloak), I ll try to not be lazy XD ....

Also, I hope that WW+AC effect is not a bug.

19. ThinIce

Dec 28, 2014
    I don't think it's a bug. It's similar to how Dailiana works (hermetist and ripper passives). They're now considered spells, as with all unique passives, and arrogance is activated from spells.

This can lead to some creative ideas actually...

20. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Nov 13, 2014

Well, I hope is not. But I think it may be cause an item's effect is considered as spell by another item (I'm a Gameloft game tester so, if I was working on HOC project, I would report it as a bug) ...In the case of Dailiana and Assassin an spell of a hero is activated by an item's passive, it's expected....But...Item+Item=Item effect?...

But again, I hope it is not a bug along with Toxicity+Fername's because WW+AC gives a big advantage to our forgotten-by-Gameloft Guervus : )

Yeah, hope they keep this effect as it is now to see what new builds are proposed in the forum.