(Guervus) eeevlira's "Bulky Build" Guide for (Molten Lord)

Discussion in 'Mage Guides' started by eeevlira, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

At first I thought it was a bug too, especially with the controversy on Dailiana and how OP she was. Levesqmi confirmed that unique passives were meant to be considered spells. So it makes sense that arrogance is activated with WW, since WW's passive is technically a spell.

2. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Oh, I see. Thanks for the reference.

3. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

I played a lot of matches yesterday now testing the Arrogance Cloak+Watcher's Whisper combo and it really works. I have made some modifications on the guide (please check REVISION section for more info). I added Arrogance as an option over Saithion Lollipop, also added Saintly Silver Staff as an option over Dull Vine Shield, based on the build ThinIce have mentioned in previous comment.

4. Animefan490

Animefan490 Active Member

Very creative guide! This truely brings out diversity of heroes and play style :D

eeevlira likes this.
  5. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Hi.

When I knew about the combo Watcher's Whisper+Arrogance Cloak I barely changed the guide and just put Arrogance Cloak as an option over Saithion Lollipop, but now, after several, several matches played on both game modes (PVP and Custom), noticed how effective is using Arrogance Cloak over Saithion Lollipop that I decided to throw the lazyness through the window and make the changes needed to give Arrogance Cloak the place it deserves in this Guervus Guide. The modifications are as follows:

[7/10/2015] REVISION 7.0
    -Skill Level Up modified: Now LAVA SNAKE has priority because of the synergy it has with Arrogance Cloak.
    -Item Buildings for PvP and Custom were modified to have synergy with changes done on SKILL BUILD and ITEMIZATION (Arrogance Cloak set as Main Item).
    -Arrogance Cloak is now added as Main Item over Saithion Lollipop (this last item has been removed from ITEMIZATION).
    -Changed and Corrected the ITEMIZATION NOTES (*, **, ***) according to the above changes related to Arrogance Cloak.
    -Stats Calculations were modified according to the changes done on ITEMIZATION (where Arrogance Cloak was set as Main Item).

Leo798(7) likes this.
  6. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Small modifications on the guide regarding the changes done on Guervus's ULT, Stirring Soul and Essence Stealer items to match the real info and behavior noticed in this new update (13).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  7. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

[8/21/2015] REVISION 9.0
    -Added sub-section "Why these talents?" on TALENTS section.
    -Added two tips on "Minor Tips" section.
    -Some grammar and spelling issues fixed.
    -Added note about Fast Healing effect on Rage tablet.
    -Removed old and useless information about Saithion Lollipop on Spider Queen Embrace's note on ITEMIZATION.

8. Out2muggu (my hoc name)

Out2muggu (my hoc name) New Member

I am quite an experienced HOC player newer and I know that it is best to have a stirring souls of the dragon with every hero, even elf in your final 6 items

9. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Well, this guide was created before the Stirring Soul buff, so that's why I show Stirring like an "OGM" item.

But, one more important thing is that Guervus is the only hero who takes the most favorable advantage of this item because it combos with its passive skill, so he only needs two magical attack items (Searing and Arrogance) to tier with any other carry (notice that all of the other carries need at least 3 attack items to deal decent amount of dmg), all the rest of the items could be HP and defensive without missing power.

10. Out2muggu (my hoc name)

Out2muggu (my hoc name) New Member

I still think Guerves is a trash hero tho

11. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Maybe you think that way because of the bunch of noob Guervus users. I also think that Kagax is useless but there is some players (very few) that turns him into a monster.

12. juanpuda

juanpuda Active Member

Hi all,

How does the new update affect to Guerverus built?

13. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

I
    Hi.

I have not had time to even play the new update because of my new job and personal stuff. I hope I have time to do edit this guide according to new update changes as soon as possible.

Thanks for reminding me about it.

juanpuda likes this.
  14. Noir

Noir Active Member

Wow, I didn't know quality guides with pictures like this could exist on this forum. That or I'm just terrible at adding them; I'll need your guidance, possibly.

Nice guide nonetheless. Why are you running crit talents on Guervus, though? Magical Attacking Normal Attacks can't crit, can they not?

15. drama

drama Active Member

watchers whisper debuff is no more considered as a skill/spell thus not activating the arrogance cloak debuff it happenened couple of patches back same update when guervus was buffed(ult CD was significantly reduced) curiously molten lord is the best user of the combo,
    i also asked leve about what happened, he said it supposed to work but i posted that it doesnt work anymore
    http://heroesoforderandchaosforum.c...-proc-on-watchers-whispers-effect-gone.16865/

@Noir crit works even for a magical normal attack

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  16. Noir

Noir Active Member

Wow, you learn something new every day. I guess I'll have to try it sometime. I guess Cutlass also is usable for DPS if you want crit.....so what, KK amplifies Magical Attack crits too?

17. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

@Noir : Thanks for the comments. It's a shame is guide is updated.

Also there are several nice guides with pictures and that kind of useful stuff around this forum.

KK boots mag attack crits btw, the only problem is that its huge physical power is wasted on Guervus.

@drama : Thank you for the info, I didnt know about AC was not triggering effect along with WW's.

18. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

Guervus should be used as a primary mage carry, best for 5 vs 5 and trains. 3 vs 3 is weaker since you'd be up against bastards like elf and Aria. Only put him on mid if you can lane efficienly.

My final build usually is Arrogance, Searing, Boneflame, SSoD, WW, open slot.

Tablet desecration, whispering, elder.

19. OP Battle Mage

OP Battle Mage I am a hore

I don't see what's so good about SSoD because it only gives health and the passive is useless which means getting defense would be much more effective.

20. The Holy Lollipop

The Holy Lollipop Well-Known Member

When you have Arias running all over the place with Longbow and Jade Axe your defence is basically reduced to 0 even if you have armor.