HOC fate, HOC-2, Upcoming mobas, & more. (Offical news and opinions )

Discussion in 'General' started by Jacke0, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

Hey everybody.
    I wanna discuss and tell you whats going on, from offical stuff, to my opinion, to leaks, to everything about the recent stuff.

As a member of the roundtable.

Lets get started, first of all, I would like to talk about our lovely game, HOC.

•We have talked with Lily multiple times, yeah she is on skype often, so if anybody wanna forward a thing or two, just mention me or any of the roundtable members, she is still around and she is by far the most helpful community manager I have ever met since Andrea.

•She basically have no news to share because there is really, nothing new.

•She also sent an Email to gameloft headquarters asking about the current, stale, depressing situation of HOC, she hasn't got any offical/approved response yet. (The email was sent in Dec 2016 )

•The current event of Chinese new year (twice the fun event, 2300 essences and runes ) was planned way back, a new skin is coming soon as well.

•as for update info, there is absolutely no offical response.
    However, I have heard some news/rumors that say a new hoc team is assigned and the update will take some time. ( you can take that as our thin light of hope )

•Account transfer and weekly heroes will be permanently locked for now. Might get changed though.

•••As for HOC2.
    Heroes of order and chaos 2.
    http://heroesoforderandchaosforum.com/threads/rumor-about-hoc-2.18865/
    Thread was up for it in 2016.

The screenshot provided in that thread is from just normal site, however the leak itself ( or the list ) is said to be from gameloft HQ PDF file.

Something to note out is, some games in that list were actually released and some are not. Meaning that the list is true, but not exactly accurate as some games might have been canceled/delayed.

I "personally" believe HOC2 is gonna be released but I also believe that it will not stop the development of HOC1.
    Just like O&C and O&C 2 redemption.

••••
    Upcoming mobas.
    I would call this year a year of mobile mobas explosion.

Many mobas are ahead and all of them got somewhat good graphics.

Let me start my list.

••1••
    Mobile legends
    A mobile moba that exploded in a viral way and has 2millions+ likes on it's facebook page thanks to having 3 fucking ads about it on youtube while trying to watch 1 min video.

My opinion: somewhat good graphics and gameplay but the developer team apparently doesn't have a clue what moba is and they are just trying to copy league and basically rain down new stuff on their customers with weekly dlcs and updates/new heroes.

If you ever visit league of legends forum, you will often find threads about why doesn't riot sue mobile legends xD.

••2••
    Heroes Arena.

Not yet on IOS, 500,000 downloads on android playstore.
    Exploded in the very same viral way mobile legends did, same level of graphics and gameplay.
    Also same opinion about developers team.

Mobile legends and heroes Arena are really close twins imo.

••3••
    Planet of Heroes
    An original moba !
    Developed by some company.
    This moba is somewhat original.
    But because it's original, it's reallyyyyyyy crappy.
    it has good graphics and skills, heroes too.
    But the map is similar to VG map, and they basically have no info what a moba is when it comes to systems.
    You gotta equip every hero you play with items as the game goes on and there is specfic talents for each hero which is VERY tiring in the long run.

Really wouldn't recommend it imo.

•• Last but not least ••

••4••
    Strike of kings/Realm of Valor/Penta storm.

Those 3 names all belong to the same moba.
    Imo, if anything, heroes arena and mobile legends, are trying to copy this moba.

A moba developed by Tencent.
    Who's tencent ?
    Well, A company that owns Riot games ( yeah they own league of legends )
    They own supercell ( Clash of clans, etc )
    They own epic games ( they released paragon not so long ago as the best first perspective moba as for graphics )
    They own wechat ( China's Facebook )

Why this game has 3 names ?
    Because it has 3 developing teams & sponsors. ( they all work together and release the same updates, it's just a matter of business )
    For EU people, it's called Strike of kings and yet to be released on IOS, already on Android.

For Asia, it has many names, depending on your playstore/appstore
    But it's sponsored by Garena servers. And often called the "Garena version".
    If you live in east Asia, search for it on your playstore/appstore.

It's called Penta storm for Koreans. Sponsored/published by Netmarble.

Those 3 teams all work together to release the exact same game with very minor changes that often relate to business. Gameplay wise and graphics wise is exactly the same.

My opinion about this game:
    Promising, simply too promising.
    Updates are often, changes are often.
    Graphics wise, tbh, is like equal to VG or bit less than VG for the map work, but they design their heroes "graphically" better than Semc IMHO.
    The developer team is kinda planning to have the same meta as league. ( well they have the right to literally copy of legends but they won't ).

It's Chinese sister, Kings of glory only on the Chinese appstore also developed by tencent has surpassed dota2 playerbase in it's first 3 months of official release.
    That one is bit too much of a copy of league ( they have the right to copy ) but this one is different and more of a "western and world cultured" instead of Chinese culture solely for the Chinese version.

I find it very entertaining.
    It has 5v5 map, 3v3, 1v1, 5v5 one lane. And even rotating game mode every weekend. I have tried the garena version and despite all these modes. Literally didn't take more than 30 secs to find a match.
    The controls are similar to mobile legends too.

If HOC dies by any chance and I wanna play another intersting moba. Strike of kings would be my first choice.

I hope I have explained what you guys want.

If you would like to ask any questions related to hoc/any of the topics above, ask away and I'll try my best to give the best/offical response.

Have a good day everybody.

But yeah thats all for today.

•••••••••••• Today we got our quarter finals for Eviternity tourney. Matches are gonna be awesome. First game will start soon enough.

I invite you all to watch it :p

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. Hector

Hector Well-Known Member

Thank you... a ray of hope in your words

Jacke0 likes this.
  3. crash_lord

crash_lord Retired

Lol.. my april fool (maybe) thread becomes legendary :joyful:

And about Hoc. If Hoc (or Hoc2) really good after the new team handle it. I will happily play hoc again. If not, then I play ML or pentastorm. Simple as that. Bcuz so many mobile moba game this year, we r free to choose what we like (not like 3 or 4 years ago, kinda forced to play it eh? :smuggrin:)

Oh and about Mobile Legends: Gang Bang :D
    The game is standard (not good but not bad either). Weird matchmaking (nationality matchmaking, world war? :hilarious:).
    But I like the way they create or build the community. It have good official forum, the dev actively giving answer in the forum, and they hiring player to become a game mod, forum mod, and ML page on facepuke mod (they paid them with diamond, I heard)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  4. beboH40

beboH40 Active Member

just open store and write moba ... 50 moba games ...

5. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

They often have lag issues and the angry emoji is always second to the like button in their posts.

Their fb customers seem to be too dumb and they want 32k heroes to be stronger lmao.

It's not a bad game, I play it. The developer team is good, but they lack experince imo.

I just think there will be better options soon =p

6. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

Moba have been moved to mobile device successfully. How about action moba like overwatch, paladin or smite? I could like to see any action moba on IOS as well.

7. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

Smite and paragon is what you are talking about.
    Overwatch is not exactly a moba just because it has classes :p

8. KatnissNeverclean

KatnissNeverclean District Genderfluid

9. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer ✿lσvє gαиg✿ Staff Member

Those two games are fps not mobas.

10. DragonFire92x

DragonFire92x One True God

I've given up on HOC and moved on to mobile legends. I'll download HOC 2 if it comes out and is a major improvement.

So who here plays mobile legends and is decent? I'm looking to climb the ranks.

11. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

We declare that we need a change of power. You betrayed hoc, you are no more of a staff !

@Evanescent @Sadowmancer @mmg556 @Akise @crash_lord @Riley12301 and all the forumers who stand for justice, help me take down this tyrant staff.

Dragonbish.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  12. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer ✿lσvє gαиg✿ Staff Member

I vote for jackiebish as new mod

13. mmg556

mmg556 Lena Oxton

Tbh I've given up on hoc too so but I'd still vote to kick out dragonfire Dx

KatnissNeverclean likes this.
  14. KatnissNeverclean

KatnissNeverclean District Genderfluid

Vote for me instead. #Katniss2017

Elijael likes this.
  15. crash_lord

crash_lord Retired

Lol. Cuz I'm playin ML too. So... I will pretend I didnt see that :D

@DragonFire92x if u on asia server, u can add me :)

16. Evanescent

Evanescent Forum PsychoLogist

Ay kick the bish, down with pron on the forum

Sadowmancer likes this.
  17. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

But I find Overwatch are more depends on team work and strategy, since there are no level up system, you cant really out farm enemy and able to 1v5, it require more team coordinate than classic moba. I am still looking forward sth similar appear on mobile as well.

18. beboH40

beboH40 Active Member

ive played paragon 1 time on ps4 and 55inch tv its fun moba :D

Jacke0 likes this.
  19. Suicide

Suicide ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Play Vainglory haha xd, atleast we got hope

20. jeremydreamer17

jeremydreamer17 Active Member

I am saddened by the fact that the last MOBA you mentioned is not available in the US because it sounds very intriguing. With that being said, it is also disappointing to see what has become of HOC and the lack of any concrete plan for the future, but I suppose all good things must come to an end.

Jacke0 likes this.