[King Reega] mrfishfish's Ultimate Guide to Savage of the Deep

Discussion in 'Guardian Guides' started by mrfishfish, Mar 21, 2014.

1. mrfishfish

mrfishfish Member

Mar 20, 2014
    RE: [King Reega] mrfishfish's Guide to Savage of the Deep – The King Reega

I'm sorry for commenting without any further testing! After some tryouts today I can confirm leech does not work on damage reflected from ultimate!

Forget about leech please, leech is crap on King Reega :-/

2. bivaliy

bivaliy New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    RE: [King Reega] mrfishfish's Guide to Savage of the Deep

Thank you for the guide! After reading it I realised that I was underestimating Reega due to improper usage.
    I have a similar talent build with a slight difference - I took the extra money talent (Teamwork Pays) instead of Last Stand. It helps me to gear up faster.
    My Reega starts to dominate after getting his ulti and gets to lvl 13 in no time. I play the Train Map (Depths) with random people and there seems to be some trouble. In 30% of my games Reega pushes very hard so we have enemy pushed back to their base. And then PROBLEM arises! Team (thinking we already won) goes rampage. DD solo vs 3 enemies; fights under last tower; not defending trains - dds farm npc mini-bosses instead e t.c. Enemy feeds up, crushes dds several times and half of my team leaves though we were winning.
    People just don't realise that all success is due to Reega's AoE. They start thinking they are invincible on their own. Enemy gets fed. And in late game Reega is not as scary as mid - pre-end. Seems like a huge problem to me.
    But that all has nothing to do with the guide.
    I have just one question: seems GL changed the tablet of courage. It doesn't heal according to the description - just damage reduction. Should we still stick to it?
    Thanks to you I had many easy wins with Reega!

3. Atomheartman

Atomheartman New Member

Jul 1, 2014

Hi mrfishfish. As someone before i lured in the forum and decided to register after reading your guide.

Im playing Reega for a couple days and want to share my experience with you.

All games was played at trains.
    Sadly all games was like nightmare start (0-7) my mates dying like a bugs (me ok, not dying)

mid game is like 2 leavers 2 other carries continue to feed.

I got my Hermetist cape and starting to do so good things.
    I lost all games coz my mad elf, hunter etc feeded them too much, didn't do their job.

BUT. my K/D ratio was like 29/7, 24/8, 20/9 in all games.

Here is my build
    Squire *2
    Hat
    boots
    675g mana component of hermetist
    Hermetist's cape
    Spidef Queen
    Magic wand(via 2200ring)
    raven mail
    if dd strong > hades
    if mage strong > Farseer's cloth
    Orb
    Lollipop

Overall item set:
    Lost Hermetist's cape
    Searing Orb
    Saithion Lollipop
    Hades Armor/Farseer's Cloth
    Spider Queen's Embrace
    Boneflame Wand.
    ========
    Why this build looks good for me its because 4 items gives you magical attack (not mentioning Hermetist, 5 total)

And i was unstoppable all the games. They needed to go 4vs1 to kill me. In 3vs1 they all died.

Need to check Fernames Blade, didn't tried it. Anyway having both boots and blade doesn't look to be a good idea since any of these items help you to chase enemy.
    Tablet of courage doesn't heal.
    So i use immortality tablet, healing tablet and shield tablet. Lots of kills made in last 300hp because of insane healing.

What do you think?

P.S. Attached pics are build with boots and no lollipop.

4. mrfishfish

mrfishfish Member

Mar 20, 2014

I updated my guide for the newest version and vision but I dont have time to finish it, unfortunately. I will update it ASAP.

Hail to King Reega!

5. Kezer

Kezer New Member

Feb 4, 2013

This guide really is superb, I love playing Fish just as you and I can tell that you know exactly what you're doing!
    And hey, I also use Fish in GvGs and stuff, you're not the only one, many people underestimate this guy's power ;)

Oh and a question about the tablet of toxicity, can it really be used very often? Could you tell me about its strength? And do you prefer Mage+Guardian talents over Support+Mage+Guardian?

6. Bloodexorcist

Bloodexorcist Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    I am currently trying to learn fish and have been repetedly told that searing orb should always be first then maybe a lolipop or arrogance cloak . I rarely but fernames due the lack of damage which I believe fish needs .
    Also I find it pretty unefficent to set magic armor inscirptions opposed to maybe piercing or Cooldown .

7. Krypton

Krypton Member

Jul 17, 2014
    I'd play fish if he wasn't terrible at 3v3... So easy to play against and no CC without fernames. He's good in 5v5 tho

8. Bloodexorcist

Bloodexorcist Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    I play him just fine as a top JUNGLER and I'm pretty high in rankings

9. mrfishfish

mrfishfish Member

Mar 20, 2014
    The guide is finally updated to the latest version and completed! Now I'm here to answer your questions.

I build Fernames Blade for Reega very early so yes it can be used very often (and very effective). Every skills casted on you that causing damage will make the assasilant being slowed by 40% for 2 seconds.

Mage + Guardian is preferred for Border while Support + Mage + Guardian is better choice for Rift. Both talents are great for train map.

I can tell you that's a 100% WRONG build from my experience. Searing Orb is very expensive and its passive is not effective at early and mid games. Let's say it gives you 90 Magical Attack, and that adds 38 more damage on your Aquatic Orbs only, not to mention the cooldown of Aquatic Orbs is so long early mid games. Hermetist's Cape gives similar stats and an aura damage to enemies within 5 meters which is much better, and it only costs 3000g.

Secondly, lollipop as an second item is also WRONG. You can't do much with lollipop without Fernames Blade, so it's always considered a late game gear.

Arrogance Cloak is cheap, easy to combine, and has great damage bonus. It's recommended to build at early stage.

Agreed. Fish can't play 3v3 GVG at all. And basically there are only a few heroes that can play Border GVG.

10. Goewts

Goewts New Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Mrfishfish,

Was riding to work today and got excited when I saw you had posted - thought you had quit the game as I hadn't seen you for ages!

Funny as I had been getting extremely frustrated since the update as the matchup system is so bad. Having to adjust in Underrealm randoms to be a carry with Reega is hard for me. I once scored 23 kills but I've never come close to your 48 (which is obscene)

Thanks for updating your guide, you have inspired me to redo my spec and try him as a Bruiser. Will let you know how it goes...

-Goewts

11. mrfishfish

mrfishfish Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Thanks dude, I haven't quited yet, just playing casually.

And that game with 48 kills because I was 1 v 9 (My teammates are either feeder or leaver) So I took all the heads. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. antihero4hire

antihero4hire New Member

Sep 16, 2014
    I play fish but only in train map because he's only viable there. I'm currently using whispering, rage, elder for tablets. What do you use for each map? I usually rush herm cape then fernames blade and Hades armor

13. antihero4hire

antihero4hire New Member

Sep 16, 2014
    I meant what tablet combo are you using now

14. Simon95

Simon95 Member

May 9, 2013
    Nice Guide.
    I agree on literally every statement you made mathematically (hp>def etc.). Gave me another idea of fish. I won't play fish as he's my worst hero and i perform much better with any other hero, but i still found it interesting to read, so keep it up, man:)

15. Rocksteadytom

Rocksteadytom New Member

Jun 8, 2014
    On rift when your in a team fight in the river pop your ulti in a bush then enter the fight the river hides your ulti at your feet so people attack you because they can't see it's active until it's to late just what I do and a little tip hope it helps

16. mrfishfish

mrfishfish Member

Mar 20, 2014
    My guide has been updated today. Hope you guys enjoy it!

17. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

Nov 8, 2013
    Hes only viable... what?

Fish is viable on all maps, really hard to beat in lane if the player can last hit, causes carnage on rift in team fights!

Great guide fishman!
    shame i suck with him. even with your guide!

18. mrfishfish

mrfishfish Member

Mar 20, 2014
    lol thank you bro

19. trollzart

trollzart New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Excellent fish guide, nice work!

Met you in pvp and customs before, your fish is really threatening.

20. CraidenGER

CraidenGER Member

Dec 29, 2014
    I have a problem that I can't make so much kill on the beginning, in fact I haven't so much gold to grown up.
    I buy at the start the items for 500 that gave me 14 magical and 100 hp, twice.

And if I get enough money to buy the "fireblade", I my damage is missing.
    Can you or some show me a video how to play the fish?

I like this ultimate so much but I think I need more damage...