[King Reega] mrfishfish's Ultimate Guide to Savage of the Deep

Discussion in 'Guardian Guides' started by mrfishfish, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Endymio

Endymio Tanky

Try building Hermitists cape first. I can usually have it built by lvl 6-7. It will really help farming gold in the lane. After that build Fernames's and/or armour depending what the game looks like.

2. CraidenGER

CraidenGER Member

Is it important to kill neutrals in the beginning?
    If I have buy hermetists cape and Fernames, I need more magical damage on this time, isn't it?
    I have much more mana/ mana recover and cool down but I must do very much "Iceballs" on my enemy's.

What I see in all the last games, that I win with 1-2 kills to enemy's, but no deaths.

Then I think i need much more magical damage.

3. Endymio

Endymio Tanky

If you need more punch you can build pieces of either arrogance cloak or lollipop depending how the game is going. They both build really easily with a good, gradual progression of items. They will provide some extra zip on your orbs. Again, my item build depends on the game.

4. Merbal

Merbal Member

That guide change my game forever.
    I looking all the time, good guide for Reega, and after read this guide, King Reega is my main :)

Thanks a lot for that guide :heart:

5. piyoni

piyoni New Member

hi mr fish :)

Can you update the item section? fername is not that much useful anymore :(

thnx

6. drama

drama Active Member

oh yes i cant water orb lock them anymore fermane was nerfed

7. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Hi.

Im not Mr. Fish, but my build is based on this guide. I drop Fername's Blade in all my matches I play with Fish since new update. My final Item Build is the following:

-Chain Boots/Boots Of the Tempest
    -Lost Hermetist's Cape
    -Boneflame Wand
    -Searing Orb
    -Nymph's Relic (Replaces Fername's Blade)
    -Stirring Soul of the dragons (Replaces Arrogance Cloak/Hades Armor)

In previous game version, the CD reduction was 25% (Boneflame Wand) + 15% (Fername's Blade). But now (in current update) Boneflame Wand has no any CD reduction and since Fername's Blade became useless (about speed reduction), I use Nymph's Relic (20% CD reduction)+Stirring Soul of the dragons (10% CD reduction), I lost 10% reduction from my build in previous update.

Nymph's Relic also adds +5% of movement speed which replaces in some way the Fername's Passive (now you have more speed on fish instead of slowing enemies down), you can try "Boots of the Tempest"+"Nymph's Relic" for movement speed improvement.

Nymph's Relic Also adds 400 of HP which is great and another 400 on MP so you have in your item build two boosters of Magical Attack:
    -Boneflame Wand (The more MP you have, the more MA is added to you)
    -Stirring Soul of the dragons (The more HP you have, the more MA is added to you).

Stirring Soul of the dragons now gives you 900 of HP, that's huge for a HP hunger hero like King Reega.

If you think that Nymph's Relic is useless you can replace it with an Arrogance Cloak or Saithion Lollipop (+80 MA, +10% Movement Speed), if you do so, you will loose the great 20% CD reduction (remember you need the less CD for your Aquatic Orbs to do huge damage on enemies).

I've noticed that with this build, Aquatic Orbs take more dmg, I dunno why, maybe Ive just played against noobs, or anything else. : P

8. mrfishfish

mrfishfish Member

Hello, thanks for reading my guide and I'm glad you like it! I just tried the new version with Reega and I have to agree Fernames Blade is no longer a great item for him (maybe for every hero) so he need some replacement. I have some thoughts already and I will update the guide as soon as possible.

But regarding the substitutions you provided, I have to disagree :

1. Nymph's Relic : It's absolutely an item for support, not for bruisers. It's expensive and it doesn't provide any Magical Attack. Sure it increases movement speed but it's only 5%. The healing buff is wasted (I don't use Heal 2 since I have to use Frostbite to catch ppl now, and Dull Vine not likely a great item for Reega). Yes you can increase Magical Attack from items like Boneflame and Dragon Souls but the bonus is not significant. If you are looking for HP bonus then 2 Dragon Souls are better to be honest (Also provides 10% CD Reduction).

2. Arrogance Cloak : Unfortunately after the update it's no longer a great item for Reega either. The price for AC has been increased ($3270) while the others (Searing Orb, Boneflame etc, around $3800) has been decreased. Even though it has full magical reduction effect, it only provides 60 Magical Attack and some useless regenerations, and 15% Attack Speed has been removed which makes it worser. In comparison, Searing Orb is easier to combine now (1700 > 900 > done) and has 110 Magical Attack and 450MP. The defense reduction doesn't cover the overall lose so this item fails now. ie, 2 Searing Orbs better than 1 SO + 1 AC. Sad news. :dodgy:

My substitution for Fernames Blade is Frost Ring and Frostbite. FR provides decent magical attack, mana pool and CD reduction, and Frostbite roots target with ease (I give up Blink). Lollipop and Dragon Souls are mandatory now. Say bye to Spider Queen.

9. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Hello, thanks for replying. I have to say that since I read your guide, I became a monster with Fish, I used to play him with the following items:

-Searing Orb
    -Boneflame Wand
    -Fername's Blade
    -Chain Boots
    -Lost Hermetist Cape
    -Arrogance Cloak (If enemies had Mag Def)/Stirring Soul Of the Dragons/Hades Armor

Talents (13 Guardian, 27 Mage), Inscriptions (HP+Piercing MD) and Rage, Toxicity and Desecration.

But also I had to say that since upd11 I just dropped my gameplay on him. Now I play other heroes instead. But sometimes I play with him and choose the above mentioned itemization (in my previous comment), which is, at least for me fits all Fish needs: HP, MP, CD reduction. It is balanced.

About Nymph's Relic:
    It is true that is suggested in shop for support heroes only but it doesn't mean other role hero can benefit from it. If there is something I had learn about HOC is that not an item, talent, tablet, etc is exclusive for "Support, Tank, Fighter, Mage". For example, I play Guervus with Fighter and Guardian talents only and it works very well. In the case for Nymph's Relic, nothing of what it gives to the hero is wasted. The healing effect applies also on your hero; if you have, for example RAGE tablet, you gain more HP by killing creeps, minions, etc; I've tested and it works. The 5% of speed fits the lack on my build (I don't use any support talent on Fish) of "QUICKENING" talents (4% speed), HP and MP it gives is great, but not amazing.

As I said before, I am just meaning to have a balanced itemization build.

Calculations:
    But that balanced itemization I suggest maybe gets useless for sure against your new build (just in case you add 2 SSD + 2SO, FR and SL as you suggested on previous comment):

-SSDx2 (1800 HP, 2% HP as MA, 20% CD Reduction)
    -SOx2 (220 MA, 900 MP)
    -SL (250 HP, 80 MA, 10% Speed [which maybe replaces boots?])
    -FR (400 MP, 15% CD reduction, 50 MA)

At the end Fish will have:

HP:
    1884(HP at lvl15)+40(Talents)+135(Talents)+360(Desecration)+78(Gold Inscriptions)+2050 (SSDx2 + SL)=4547 (Compare with my suggested build: 4247).

Magical Attack:
    90.2(MA at lvl15)+50(FR)+13.5(Talents)+[4547*.02]SSD effect+220(SO)+80(SL)=544.64 (Compare with my suggested build: 490.84)

MP:
    920(MP at lvl15)+900(SOx2)+400(FR)=2220 (Compare with my suggested build: 2740)

CD Reduction:
    15.5(Talents)+20(SSDx2)+15(FR)=50.5 (Compare with my suggested build: 45.5)

Defense Reduction for both builds would be the same: 30%.

Differences: In my build are 300 less HP, 5.5 less CD reduction, 53.8 less Mag Att and 520 more MP. Anyways my build lacks of MP recovering (FR), while yours would lack of a bit of healing effect recovering buff from Rage+NR, a bit of movement speed (no boots at all) and LHC passive. In my opinion, the differences are not significant (also because I usually play 5v5 train map, where I can add lots of HP tonics).

See ya.

10. Volcanic

Volcanic Member

I just started to become animalistic with Reega before the update, and I feel like he took a big hit after the item changes.

I'm sure there's a way to make him good, but I don't think he'll ever be as good as before unless they change him.​

11. mrfishfish

mrfishfish Member

The removal of HP from magical items can be easily fixed by building Stirring Souls. The only problem is GL sabotaged Fernames Blade, which makes fish having hard time on catching enemies.

12. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

I just played a match a moment ago. Here the statistics (We had a dummie lebmont). The itemization I recommend works fine for me.

Hope you update your guide soon : D

13. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

So, any comments about this?

14. piyoni

piyoni New Member

Hi,

i always play 3v3 map. And mostly i play fish. it is obvious that Fername was very critical item especialy in 3v3. Now it is very hard to catch range heroes, they can escape easily and wait for 15 sec for ulti wear off.

After update fername item and toxity tablet becomes useless in my opinion. i want to change toxicity to frostbite (i have to lose blink which is a very bad situation imo) or immortality.

Most of my games finish before completing full set of items because of 3v3 map.But my item list order is like that for now.
    1- herm cape
    2-dragon soul
    3- lolipop
    4- boots
    5- armor or m att( depends on conditions)

15. mmg556

mmg556 Lena Oxton

Awesome guide. I've really wanted to play fish for awhile now because I have his awesome skin, but I didn't think I'd be able to do well with him so I stuck to kotun and 12-B. This guide is really convincing me to give him a shot :)

16. CraidenGER

CraidenGER Member

What Are the best items for 3vs3
    At first herm cape, then dragon soul. After that?
    It's was more than difficult to fight without fernames...

17. witchhunter21

witchhunter21 Member

But I heard that there's probably going to be a buff for fish sometime in the reasonably near future. That will probably change things, and at least make up for the fername's blade nerf hopefully.

18. Goewts

Goewts New Member

Mrfishfish - hoping you will have the time to update this guide. Reega has always been my favourite main, but after the last two updates I've struggled to get the same results out of him. Looking for your guidance!

-Goewts

19. CraidenGER

CraidenGER Member

Hey guys.
    Is it possible to play with fish like a god or is it not useful to use him?
    He is the funniest hero in my opinion and I'm waiting for Mrfishfish post, to play fish as good as possible.

Has another person tips for the itembuild and maybe tablets? Because toxicity is useless.
    I use assistant/Rage and desecration tablet since long time.

20. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Not really. Even Mr Fish could not give you a good set for him. So, dont waste time waiting for his answer.

The glory days of King Reega have gone with the introduction of a reworked Stirring Soul of the Dragons. This item makes any hero tanky, so the main idea of Mr Fish was setting a lot of HP on King Reega so any hero who attacked him would drop his hp so easily; but now any hero can be above or tie tanky with that item attached, so the main idea of Mr Fish is not working anymore.

Another factor of those glory days gone were the rework on Arrogance Cloak and Fernames Blade; and the introduction of Bloodfreeze tablet among other factors.

So practically King Reega is not as useful as it was a while ago. He is outclassed by any other hero, even support heroes are better than him. I rarely use him with the set I posted previously on november 13 on this thread.