[Kotun] (Updated - 08 Oct) OTC’s Guide to <Patriarch Of Primates>

Discussion in 'Guardian Guides' started by Orderthechaos2, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Krypton

Krypton Member

RE: [Kotun] (Updated) OTC’s Guide to <Patriarch Of Primates>

I've beat a couple Kotuns with fish, it's funny when they go all in.

2. Raiden_93

Raiden_93 New Member

The best guide I ve read on that forum in my opinion.

Orderthechaos2 Wrote :
    A tip for inscriptions is to always round to the nearest whole number so you can get max value out of your choices. A 4.56 will be a 5 as far as the game is concerned. No need to add another inscription to make it a 5.33 (generic example).

Where can I find these informations ?

3. Orderthechaos2

Orderthechaos2 Active Member

Thank you Raiden for reading and taking the time to give such an amazing compliment to my guide.

A few updates ago, your stats we're whole numbers, unlike today, where you can have a 4.56 stat and its shown. Back then when testing talents, etc, we always tried to get max value out of them. We would test them in a solo and see exactly where our stats were lvl 1. We found that the game was rounding to the nearest whole number which made sense.

I could not find any reference to how MOBA's calculate stats, but like I said, this was my experience in how stats were calculated.

4. Mabarry3

Mabarry3 Active Member

Can Indomitable be used during a control effect? The way you worded the guide made it seem so, that sounds incredibly powerful lol.

5. wander

wander Active Member

Yes you can cancel slows,stuns(but you cant cancel silence), as it was mentioned in the guide it can cancel debuffs like demond lord dot, jombra tag(if you being tagged and stunned you can cancel the stun/slow). But sometimes you forget that this skill is there but now im trying to not forget about it and im getting great results.

Btw thank you for this guide OTC, I improved my gaming with monkey by taking some tips from this guide.

6. Orderthechaos2

Ha! yes, powerful indeed. Yes, he can cancel controlling effects like the ones I listed. If the controlling effect isn't constantly casted, it will break it. This logic doesn't apply to Sia Ult, which is beyond me. He's a mini-pala for the purposes of breaking CC.

7. Orderthechaos2

You're welcome Wader - glad to see the guide is actually applicable and easy to understand. I have been compiling some tweaks in his gameplay, and will be including talents sometime this week. Be sure to check the guide out in the future - this guide is a living document therefore I will always be updating to make sure it stays relevant.

Also, be sure to rate my guide! Thanks,

OTC

8. IonWar

IonWar New Member

Hi OTC

I think your skill sequence is old school :D

That worked pre-update, now I've found more beneficial to max shield first.
    This has a double advantage:
    1) Increase you sustain capability
    2) You deal AOE in any case

So al level seven my skills looks like this:
    1st - 1pt
    2nd - 1pt
    3rd - 4pt
    4th - 1pt

Try it out!

9. IonWar

IonWar New Member

If you get a skill shot stun while in ult, you cancel the debuffs/cc and deal AOE dmg, that is powerful!

Also when I lane in 3v3 I use it as first skill it makes it easier because you can risk more (against an elf for example), if you get stunned you can always free yourself and blink out if needed

10. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

I've used kotun in 1v1 lately. He is doing really good. I still prefer mystic for 1v1 normal stat.

11. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

Played a gvg last night, admittedly we didnt pick the best set up, Came up against some fellows from bigschlongz, Their support was very good and there top farm came down often and kept me from laning to well, kotun got 20+ CS On me and it was GG,
    he could kill all 3 of us with 2 skills. Nerf incoming!

12. DemonHunter

DemonHunter Member

He just got Buffed :D I think the lottery hero should always be strong. I like him the way he is, not easy but when you do right, you kill him.

13. Orderthechaos2

Update to the Tablets section - I felt like I needed to reclassify somethings after further testing.

Will be making another update soon with talents and a unique look into each map and how he's best played to support or carry.

14. nackstein

nackstein New Member

I just won kotun with a gold ticket 2 day ago :) . He is very strong even if I'm more used to hero with lot's of CC, I like to play bruiser with cow, erefern and balondis my last buying with emblems. In pre level 6 he is already strong and able to get some kill. Since I always play bruiser I usually have 20/20 support / tank talents since I love surprise with fast healer and do a lot of tower dive. I discovered that kotun can be the best tower diver in game!
    I'm the only one playing him with support/tank talents? I found that this way you have super high sustain in lane and even
    if you do some mistake during lane you can recover very quickly.
    I have also the table that regenerate 3% HP when you kill, the one that give you 5 more HP when you kill and the one that reduce damage by 10%. Apart from talent and table that are all defensive I buy attack item, squire, 300gold boot and 2 face braker.

15. actinomycetemcomitans

actinomycetemcomitans Well-Known Member

Same story! I got kotun 2 days ago with gold ticket:)
    Nice guide, but be ready to update it they will nerf him soon mouhahahahahahaha

16. DiWike

DiWike Active Member

Update please!
    Just won him ;)

17. mmg556

mmg556 Lena Oxton

This guide is still applicable, I recently got kotun too but with this guide I learned quite a few strats for him and now successfully use him as my main.

18. DiWike

DiWike Active Member

Thanks mate, fooling around with the new guardian but as soon I'm bored I'll pick up Kotun for sure.

Mind writing your talents, tabs and items shortly for me so I got an updated base to start with?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  19. mmg556

mmg556 Lena Oxton

I don't mess much with tablets or talents, but item wise I play kotun more as a bruiser than a tank. At the start of every game I'll start off with two squires patience. Then I get boots of haste and face breaker, and start building into my akhan cutlass. If the enemies fighters or other physical guardians are getting out of hand, I will start building into hades or another good defensive armor, elsewise if I want a full out offensive I'll start going into my jade axe or Longbow of shadows

20. DiWike

DiWike Active Member