[Miranda Lathier] eeevlira's Guide to <Grey Witch>REWORKED

Discussion in 'Support Guides' started by eeevlira, Apr 24, 2015.

1. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

I got new images. So items are not displayed so big.

2. kawaii0230

kawaii0230 Active Member

I build her saithon lollipop, ice ring, stirring soul, boneflame, hades/ the shield thing magic def, the horn thing phys def atk speed/valkiyrian robe. I build ice ring rather than searing orb because orb is for killing and imo lathier is not built for killing plus ice ring is the best mp regenarating item and it also has mag atk. With magical defense, i build the brown shield over valkyrian because valkyrian active only protects you from magic while shield is everything and gives slight atk speed but that needed.

3. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Hi, thanks for your comment.

I don't know if you have read the whole stuff I place on the guide. If not, here is a section of USAGE TIPS:

"A) Take off your mind that you are a pure support hero, you are tank, carry and support at the same time with this build. So if one of your partners is about to die and you know he is noob and a d*ck, focus on you. Other support heroes such as Goblin are ONLY support, his work is always to heal teammates and slowing down enemies, he never must to try to kill a single hero by his self, that is not applicable on Miranda, YOU CAN kill enemies also, so if a teammate gets mad to you because you didn't heal him because you CONSIDERED it was more important to stun the enemy and finish him off, ignore him, at the end you will have better stats than him. Whit this Im not telling you that you will only focus on you, of course you must also support your team, but help the ones who really are pro or are doing well in the match".

About Dull Vine Shield over Robes....I prefer robes because it boosts sightly your magic defense even without its active (75 Mag Def vs 60) at the moment Witch's Arcane Boost skill is activated, if Robe's active+Arcane Boost's active, you add a huge magical defense, well, I know DVS is very useful but on witch I use Robes instead for the reason above mentioned and also for its small +4 HREG and 400 HP.

Ice ring is wasted in this build because Witch already gets the max 45% CDR with talents+Relyc's+Stirring....I know its passive is so great for MPR but...as mentioned in "A)" of USAGE TIPS of the guide, I like to be support (for her heal skill), carry (Searing Orb) and tank (HP items, Defensive Items, etc) at the same time [Frozen Ring would make witch a less powerful because I would need to drop Searing Orb] : )

4. kawaii0230

kawaii0230 Active Member

Ok now i agree on you with robe but id still go with ice ring rather than orb because i really think she cant out-dps anyone. When I use lathier i use her as pure support with cc. Shes the one of the very few heroes i build with ice ring . Searing orb is mainly for damage, which is not her specialty at all and ice ring gives great mana regen and your skill set makes you a walking life well to your allies and ice ring also give decent mag atk. Her skills barely does damage to people unless they are squishy. Although she cant out-dps anyone, she may very well kill someone 1v1 because of her almost constant heal but she barely does damage in teamfights.

5. TheDarkSoul117

TheDarkSoul117 Well-Known Member

What the op is saying is that if you swapped searing orb for ice ring, you will have about 60% cooldown reduction. The cap is 45%.

With the op's build the only thing ice ring offers better than searing orb is the mana regen. Do you think extra mana regen is worth sacrificing attack and piercing?

6. kawaii0230

kawaii0230 Active Member

Well in my opinion, piercing isnt needed for witch because her skills dont focus on damage and the only difference between orb damage and ice ring damage is somewhere 50 i think and, again, she doesnt focus on damage so I think having big mana regen is bettar than a minor 50 magical. Im completely aware of searing orb being better than ice ring for heavy mana mages but they focus more on damage.

7. TheDarkSoul117

TheDarkSoul117 Well-Known Member

Point well made. I think I'll play a few custom games with the different builds and come back with an opinion.

8. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

Hello guys, just to inform you that I've modified totally this guide. It passed from being a bruiser (tanky) tutorial to a carry based one. Hope you like the changes and help me to improve it.

The following modifications were done:

-Information about Magical Attack affecting all skills added to skills description
    -Itemization, Item Building, Talents and Tablets sections were reworked
    -Inscription section was modified
    -Modification on TIPS section (See "D)" point for details)
    -Points I and J were added to TIPS.

TheDarkSoul117 likes this.
  9. kawaii0230

kawaii0230 Active Member

10. ONYX

ONYX Well-Known Member

witch doesnt need dps, she needs hades and high hp and immortality. any adc's will shred themselves on her healing hades.

11. kawaii0230

kawaii0230 Active Member

Idk if ur against what I said lol. I changed my opinion now though.