My Mage Item Build

Discussion in 'Mage Guides' started by Zelderoth, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Zelderoth

Zelderoth Member

Hey I've been running this item build for almost all of my mages. The order you obtain these items doesn't quite matter. Tell me what you think. So far its amazing.

#1: Searing Orb

#2: Boneflame Wand

#3: Staff of Rectitude

#4: Frost Ring / Arrogance Cloak (If the mage has single target skills and doesn't lose mana fast take Arrogance Cloak. Take Frost Ring if you need more - Skill CD + mana regen)

#5: Hades Armor / Valkyrian Robes (Physical Defense or Magical Defense depending on what you need)

#6: Stirring Souls of the Dragons

2. Saint7502

Saint7502 Well-Known Member

I would get rid of staff of rectitude unless your someone like Equellia or Melina because most mages cooldown on skills are pretty long and you really want get the full benefits of the leech with weak AAs. Equellia and Melina have very low cooldown unlike older mages so I can see it working for them.

3. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

u either want arrogance/ice ring or boneflame as first weapon searing orb isnt good untill the enemy actually builds magic defence againts u and i dont build leech staff unless im a single target mage would rather have lolipop staff

4. Zelderoth

Zelderoth Member

Yeah, the order doesn't matter. I was just listing them. Typically I will buy two enchanters rings and then focus on other items. I buy temporary boots for 300 gold plus I have the movement speed increased in my talents, so the movement speed for lollipop isn't needed for me. I like the Staff of Rectitude because of the higher damage, leach and MP bonus that stacks with Boneflame Wand. Lollipop will give an HP bonus which stacks with Stirring Souls of the Dragons, but less damage and I am gaining Lollipops HP bonus when leaching. I do use Lollipop for many Supporters and few mages that do not have any get-away skills, like Arcane Warrior. As support I need the movement speed to get to my teammates.

5. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

guess its just a personal preference weather to waste full passive on an aoe hero or to find a way around it :/

6. drunknova

drunknova Member

My mage build if u want magical atk more use this is good
    Buy 3 sear orbs
    Buy 2 staff of rectudide whatever thingy staff
    Buy 1 agrroance cloak
    Ok finished

otaku_gamer7 likes this.
  7. otaku_gamer7

otaku_gamer7 Member

Yes,it's very good in my opinion...a huge ass amount of hp with pretty good magical attack, leech hp, and magical defense penetration :) simple but good

8. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Relinquish your spark.

-facepalm-, you trolling bruh?

9. Akatsuki

You might wanna replace the armor with another magical damage item; except if you're melee as ranged mages usually are in the back, but people will attack you but if they're dumb enough, you could simply buy another Orb. c:

10. otaku_gamer7

otaku_gamer7 Member

Lol there's this one build which makes mages literally unkillable (unless if ganked)
    4X rectitude
    Arrogance cloak
    Boneflame wand (replace with hermatist cape if using horse)

11. Akatsuki

I think that was nerfed.

12. otaku_gamer7

otaku_gamer7 Member

Kinda

13. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

???? is this hell? DX why u all wasting passives and utility? and why are u building leech staff on horse and other aoe mages? dont u realise that it gets affected by the 30% rule?

14. otaku_gamer7

otaku_gamer7 Member

Lol that's actually my playstyle...it's kinda different from most other players so yeah

15. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

well if it works for u then i wont bother you -_-

16. otaku_gamer7

otaku_gamer7 Member

A right

17. drunknova

drunknova Member

No im not trolling and i think im not an idiot who go getting killed i do know how to run u know and beside dont get have that big 3000 potion in the in game item shop u could literally just keep farming on the kills and keep buying the defense u need and beside buying hades armor against wind or drae is simply useless wind can kill u in what 5 hits thats why an full on magical build is good cus u could use magical atatck to either burn their magical defense by 30% and can defeat them by overpowering their mag defense or u could buy defense for them to not killl u (idiot idea to me im not an endurance dude)

otaku_gamer7 likes this.
  18. Akatsuki

Attack damage is useless if the enemy stacks up defense. As you might see, almost all players in higher leagues ALWAYS gets a defensive item, winning or not.

Wind can kill you in THREE hits if you're not careful enough. Wind with her Tribal Spirit, Piercing Tablet and properly inscripted tablets can easily destroy a mage in a few hits that's why getting armor is a must-do.

19. otaku_gamer7

otaku_gamer7 Member

That's why I have horse with many rectitudes (one armor depending on the situation) ,arrogance cloak and hermatist...a 30M charge towards her and silence then burn...each second with 300+ hp leeched

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  20. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

i just want to say saintly staff gives a 50% leech bonus for 3 seconds witch is about the same as 4-5 staffs of rectitude...