[Official] DLC17 Changelog and details

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Levesqmi, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

HOC receives his first step of the major rework coming over the next months. Today, it is in the form of a DLC (downloadable content), which means it affects almost exclusively the hero balancing and some raw numbers.

This game is taking a quantum leap toward the e-sport and the meta will evolve drastically. Yes, I hear you, what about server stability? Let me put this straight: there is no esport without stability, period. And it is top priority for Gameloft now, so stay tuned cause this game will reach a whole new high level!

Here is the DLC changelog, and my comments in blue.

Change Log for DLC 17

1. New Skins
    Slaughter Empress – Qiu Yuelan
    Captain of Pain – Aria Eagleheart

2. Hero Redesigned
    Peila
    Minotaur is a support class right? He was on the very bottom of the worthy heroes but now, with this change, he will become one very important and valued support. I feel he will be hard/situational to master, but as Skale, he will fit in the meta hero with this big buff.

EDIT: And he is now all magical based hero! Watch out for a lollipop on him!

Pounded
    Bred for battle, the Minotaur can find strength beyond strength when threatened.
    PASSIVE: Normal Attacks will stun the enemy for 1 second. The same target cannot be affected by this Effect more than once every 6 seconds.

ACTIVE: Peila's next Normal Attack will deal 50/60/70/80 + 0.3 additional Magical Damage and heal nearby allies by 30/60/90/120 + 0.3 HP.

Yes, it says "allies" with a S, meaning this is AoE effect heal. The radius of the heal seems to be around 3-4m, so he got to get close to work. Yet this will make him outstanding in the front of the melee along with the other bruisers

Roar
    Peila calls the power of the earth to generate a boosting ball on a target position for 15 seconds. The boosting ball will deal 100/175/250/325 + 0.8 Magical Damage to the first enemy that touches it and slow their Movement Speed by 30% for 2 seconds, or will heal the first ally who touches it by 100/175/250/325 + 0.8 HP and increase their Movement Speed by 30% for 2 seconds.

A Witch-like ability: use on allies to heal, OR on enemies to deal massive damage. Being able to land this on the ground at the right place will differentiate the good Peila from the bad ones. Set this at the right place for either offensive or defensive countermeasure (drop it on the back to cover a potential escape!).

EDIT: His ball does not provide vision, but the CD at lvl 15 is rather low, 8 sec, making this a great support tool

Kagax
    The second "worst" hero of the list gets one of the most impressive rework of all time. Seriously, don't underestimate Kagax anymore with this buff! Although pure melee and no "gap closer", this monster will just chase you down till there is no tomorrow!

Main changes are his walking/attack speed on his missing HP value is completely transformed to a system with stacks. Each hit or skill will add one stack, up to 10.... I think you see the idea right?!

Tortuous Cleave
    Kagax wounds himself, enabling him to feed off of the pain and inflict 60/90/120/150 + 0.5 Physical Damage on his enemy. Each stack of Fury will increase the damage of this skill by 10%.
    COST: 5% of Kagax's Max HP.

His first skill gets a damage buff basically. It adds 10% damage for each stack he has, which means he can deal up to 300 + 1.0 scaling, making it one of the highest scaling of the game. Careful cause now it cost a % of his HP each time.

Bloodletting
    Kagax focuses on a target and prepares to pour out his Fury, dealing 75/120/165/210 + 0.35 Physical Damage and slowing the target by 20% for 4 seconds. During this time, 60/70/80/90% of the damage Kagax deals to this target will transform into HP to heal Kagax.

First part is same as before basically... beside it is now 4 seconds slow!!!...... but then, he will harvest up to 90% of all damage he deals on that target during that 4 second?! He has no gap closer, but this slow (and his speed buff on Pleasant Misery) will make him bash on your head and healing almost everything back. Be sure to have a stun or big CC to stop him.

Pleasant Misery
    Whenever Kagax uses a skill or attacks, he will gain one stack of Fury which will increase his Physical Attack by 2/2.5/3/3.5% and his Movement Speed by 2% for 10 seconds. This effect can be stacked up to 10 times.

This new stack mechanics will help him boost his strength while being "in the melee". He can reach up to 35% bonus Physical attack, the second highest % increase behind Goroshia's passive. And this is including up to 20% speed buff. Every hit or skill he does refreshes the timer of 10 sec. So, once he gets in, he is all in! Expect him to use Bow, Jade, King killer, cutlass/watcher's whisper carry build for maximum damage!

Fury
    As Kagax channels the great battles of his previous life, he becomes a ravenous warrior, hungry for pain.
    EFFECT: Immortality for 3/4/5 seconds. Kagax will gain 10 stacks of Fury immediately.

Nothing is complete without a little boost on his ulti, giving him a free 10 stacks. Even if you don't hit him when his ulti is up, he will still harvest the crap out of everyone using his Bloodletting :)

3. Talent Change
    So many general talents underused, it is time to spice them up! Each talent tree receives a buff on some meaningless/low value talents.

These info already leaked on the chinese forum and you can read here my overall feedback:
    http://heroesoforderandchaosforum.c...rom-the-chinese-devs.16985/page-3#post-213908

Guardian
    Strong

Maximum HP increased is increased to 12/24/36/48/60 from 8/16/24/32/48.

Resistance
    Magical Defense increased is increased to 2/4/6/8/10 from 1/2/3/4/5

Armor
    Physical Defense increased is increased to 2/4/6/8/10 from 1/2/3/4/5

Fast Healer
    Healing effect is reduced to 5/10/15% from 15/25/35%
    This is the most important change here. Most of the heroes (fighter/bruiser namely) were benefiting way too much from this fast healer bonus. As I described in the above link, this was a required nerf.

Blessed Life
    The ignoring chance is increased to 5% from 1%
    The worst ultimate talent gets a worthy buff. Now, it will be a choice of dropping points from your build to spend them reaching this new useful talent. Very good change and mandatory pick for all tanks

Fighter
    Siphon
    Harvest effect is reduced to 1/2/3% from 3/6/9%
    Ouch... and yeah!! Nothing was worst than being full HP trying to knock down that 10% HP carry enemy and die because of his insane harvest+fast healer. The amount of Harvest (and leech) was very high in this game, even without using any harvest-oriented build. This change will impact the meta by making physical carries less resilient, and focusing more on the play and teamwork. Read link above on my explanation on Fast healer and harvest/leech nerf.

Mage

Skill Proficency

Magical Attack is increased to 2/4/6/8/10 from 1/2/3/4/5

Magic Feedback
    Leech HP effect is reduced to 1/2/3% from 3/6/9%
    Mages also received this nerf. As mages gets, in average, less value from this talent than physical carries (they rely on skills rather than normal autoattack), this is an indirect buff to them. Read link above on my explanation on Fast healer and harvest/leech nerf.
    http://heroesoforderandchaosforum.c...rom-the-chinese-devs.16985/page-3#post-213908

Support

Vitality
    The effect of Increasing HP regeneration is increased to 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1 from 0.18/0.36/0.54/0.72/0.9

Spirit
    The effect of Increasing MP regeneration is increased to 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1 from 0.15/0.30/0.45/0.60/0.75

Quickening
    The effect of Increasing Movement speed is increased to 1/2/3/4/5% from 0.8/1.6/2.4/3.2/4%

4. Hero Change

Skale
    Eternal Guardian

The damage absorbed is increased to 30% for all level from 15/20/25%.

Helmm
    Cauterize

The healing effect is based on the target’s losing HP instead of their Max HP
    Seems nothing, but this change alone will balance end-game of Helm. He wont heal 500+HP per second anymore.

Crashing Steel
    The additional physical and magical defense is reduced to 4/6/8/10% from 4/8/12/16%
    ... and be more squishy! Very good balancing.

Lu Yunfei
    The most banned hero needs a valuable nerf of his main power-spike combo: Lightning Burst + Lord of Lightning. Yes, his ultimate is still incredibly powerful, but it requires precise positioning to use, and it is a false statement to think that his ultimate makes him strong. That above combo is way stronger, cleaning up waves easily from lvl 2.

Lightning Burst
    The damage is reduced to 25/35/45/55 from 40/55/70/85
    Good balancing.

Lord of Lightning
    The slow effect is reduced to 20% from 40%
    The slow duration is reduced to 1 second from 3 second
    And very good change. That slow was making him hit 2-4 more free hits before you can even think of having a chance to escape. One second is more than enough already!

Carlie Q
    Come Out To Play

The range is increased to 10 from 8
    Community asked, community gets!

Kurzdor
    One hero hard to use that received minor changes
    Necrotic Curse
    Cooldown is reduced to 5 for all level from 8/7/6/5

Voodoo Venom
    Damage Scaling is increased to 0.8 from 0.5

Marithus
    Community asked, community gets!
    Just Desserts
    Cooldown is reduced to 10/9/8/7 from 16/15/14/13
    Now this gets a valuable skill to use consistently.

Bladefall
    Damage Scaling is increased to 1.0 from 0.4
    Amazing. Watch for his new jump burst coming!

Decimation Day
    Damage Scaling is increased to 0.6 from 0.3

Lebmont
    Rapid Shot

Damage Scaling is increased to 0.4 from 0.2

Double Shot
    The effect of Movement speed increasing is increased to 80% for all level from 5/10/15/20%
    The duration is reduced to 1 second from 3 second
    Interesting change. Instead of going fast for 3 seconds, he will have a "blink-like" ability!

Lut’Hiran
    Rush

This skill can pass the obstacle now.
    MP Cost is reduced to 85/90/95/100 from 100/110/120/130
    The most amazing buff on the hardest hero to use. Care to that rush coming from behind the walls!

Paladin Formation
    Lut’Hiran will gain an additional shield equals 40% of his losing HP.
    But this one is probably too much on a hero that can snowball really quickly midgame.

Kotav
    Piercing Claw

Damage Scaling is increased to 0.7 from 0.45

12-B
    Spiked Shield

Cooldown is reduced to 8 second from 14 second

Qiu Yuelan
    Doppelganger

This skill can be used to Qiu Yuelan herself now
    At last. It was not possible to have a setup doppelganger for her Ultimate Rush unless you had creeps/neutral around. Now, you can boost your ultimate with this skill without any target!

Ultimate Rush
    The doppelganger deals 20% of Qiu Yuelan’s normal attack damage.

Sia
    Virulent Trail

Damage is increased to 40/50/60/70 from 20/30/40/50
    Double the damage of her trail at lvl 1? Sia is a meta hero, and this buff will consolidate her position as the best tank/support of the game.

Kirasath
    Demon Pact

The effect of attack speed increasing is increased to 40/50/60/70% from 10/20/30/40%

EDIT:
    Erefern
    Erefern is now a magical-type hero.
    Rock Smash:
    This is now a skillshot skill.

5. Item Change
    Stirring Soul Of The Dragons
    The Physical and Magical attack increasing is reduced to 1% from 2%
    Much needed balance.

Enjoy this amazing DLC and stay tuned for more!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  2. fireneg

fireneg RUSSIANS!!!!!@@@@@@ stop trashtalking and gtfo

This is such an excellent update, especially with kagax/minotaur. Kagax is gonna become pretty scary now

3. DragonFire92x

DragonFire92x One True God

Kagax seems crazy from reading those changes. Not sure how it will play out though.

Not too happy about that buff to paladin's rush.

Oliver likes this.
  4. Baconhero

Baconhero Active Member

Thanks Levesqmi

As for my opinion, i'm really not a fan of putting high damage on Support. We're having enough Bruisers already. Even Skale, who used to be a pure Support, it's also now a freaking Bruiser. I hope Cow will still stay true to his role as a Support

By the way, Skale DEFINITELY doesn't need a buff. Whose idea is this?!

Qiu doesn't need a buff either. Qiu has rather weak early, but it trades-off well for her strong late. The buff is minor though, so it doesn't bother me much

Lebmont's Rapid Shot is still useless

WTF???. Kotun 2.0

Why haven't Elf gotten a nerf yet?

Kagax is awesome. Now i'm gonna enjoy wrecking havoc across Haradon with him :D

Edit: Is the DLC even out yet? I log in but doesn't receive any updates

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    alonedream and Oliver like this.
  5. KeeeVeeeN

KeeeVeeeN Member

Cant wait to try the changes... there are really a lot changes... make the game experience totally new... hope this will not make some heroes to strong...
    are there news when new kotun/ witch skin will be released? Halloween?

6. Levesqmi

The DLC will be pushed after the maintenance tonight (on 4-6 hours)

Akise, crash_lord and Baconhero like this.
  7. Silvermagma

Silvermagma MOUSE OP TOP KAPPA NO KAPPA KAPPA

Finally, my 780 games with Kagax are gonna pay off!

Pala Buff is too much , reducing mp cost would have been fine. Pala just replaced Lu in top 1 ban pick.

meteorologist and Akise like this.
  8. TheDarkSoul117

TheDarkSoul117 Well-Known Member

Great update, balances heroes well, hopefully the meta will be made from a wider pool of heroes now. Pelia scales with magic damage?

9. Levesqmi

I think it is a typo from the changelog. Waiting to see the official game.

10. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

If Anyone, ANYONE says this game is totally unbalanced & its dying
    Im gonna slap the heck out of him.
    •Kagax is back to the meta ( thank you ) although Im scared of his bloodletting....
    @Akise can stop playing him tank now
    • COW CAN HEAL ALOT NOW. Omg Cow is my main support now
    •Engineer is back too. He will almost stun you for half of the time u r fighting him + an addtional 40% scaling on ulti & total new burst on jump.
    •Glad lu wasn't nerfed to the ground.
    •pala buff ? Maybe. Although he was already insane for ppl who mastered him. (Hm2 anyone ?). We will see how this is gonna work.
    •carlie range ?Yes. Although I wanna see the crash bug solved first.
    •qiu buff isn't clearly a buff but Im so happy with it. This shows me that you even care for heroes that are not even used that much!
    •kortav needs bigger buff & Im kinda sure that every update u will have some edits on him until he becomes a meta hero.
    •not sure if this will bring back demon hunter but glad u did something about him.
    •thank you for helmm & skale edits !
    •talents will always work somehow since they r not a game changer
    •I think you need to do something about elf dominating now
    ••••thank you for the rest of the awesome work u did!!!
    Im kinda so satisfied & speechless
    Omg
    Aria skin <3

Oliver, Akise and Baconhero like this.
  11. TheDarkSoul117

TheDarkSoul117 Well-Known Member

I used to think it was dying, but these changes seem good in the whole and apparently their top priority is now bug fixes.
    (Although its not like they're going to say that it's anything but top priority if they don't want a ton of hate)

Cautiously optimistic :)

12. Setting_Suns

Setting_Suns Well-Known Member

Is this really happening? Am I just dreaming right now? Did my Peila Longhorn just get the MOST AWESOME BUFF EVER?

Omg. This looks absolutely amazing. I'm literally speechless right now. We're finally going in the right direction; Hope has returned!

mikesmight1234, Akise and Jacke0 like this.
  13. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

This is hopefully the change that'll bring HoC back on its feet. I look forward to the talent and item change.

There are several hero and item buffs I'd like to see following the ones seen here, but this is a step of improvement, and I'm glad we are hearing positive changes from the developers. Perhaps this is what will bring mages back up, though reliant on Hades. Good work Levesqmi for helping out with these improvements. Much appreciated!

14. crash_lord

crash_lord Retired

Cool. Kortav buffed again

And for paladin. I think the paladin formation skill is.... Over buffed. But i like the rush that can pass obstacle

Akise likes this.
  15. atchodas

atchodas Well-Known Member

Ahahaha kagax is back mfkers

Hector, mikesmight1234 and Akise like this.
  16. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

Why do you need to put an insult in everything u say even you are joking ?
    Lol

Akise likes this.
  17. White~Lotus

White~Lotus Active Member

So is the update coming tonight or nah Cus I'm lazy to read the whole thing . And where's rune sale for my Aria and qui

Akise likes this.
  18. beermanpig

beermanpig High Warlord

old school players have Kagax in there top 3 most plaued heroes still haha

i got like 800 with him aswell.. time to Rockstar in Rift!

mikesmight1234 likes this.
  19. saints_way

saints_way Active Member

I always said this as a joke, but now it will become true:

"PEILAS OP!!"

Also, in regards to your conclusion on the logic behind making this game tournament worthy or e-sport ready forcing Crashloft to fix this game. I'll have to see it to believe it. I seriously doubt that any of the crashing will end and I'll bet my r*ght n*t that both the pretend in game voice chat, the crash when you get a message in game and the hacker exploits will continue, and any new stuff that comes up will be ignored for long time just like the current issues. But surely they'll "rebalance" this and that regularly. Gotta pretend that changing a few numbers will appease the fanbase.

I'm not impressed and I'm HIGHLY skeptical.

You don't want to know how I really feel about Gameloft. I'd say it's too late anyways. If I'm wrong, I'm still close.

Better make this real Gameloft. You listening? Have I spent a G note yet? Maybe $500, $600 at least? And how many times have I left due to how unstable this game has become? Will I ever see my favorite game come back? How long since I've spent a dime? Since the crashing began? Yes. Not one dime since. Do you want my money? FIX THIS GAME!

Humbly asking you wasba year and a half ago. I don't even believe in you anymore Gameloft. Prove me wrong.

Vainglory never crashes, Call of Champions never crashes, they're the new guys.

League of Legends never crashes. DOTA 2 never crashes. They're managing ten times more code than you!

What is wrong with you?!?!?!

Make me a believer again. Please!

:'-(

Oliver and TonyM_LF like this.
  20. TonyM_LF

TonyM_LF New Member

Nice and deserved buffs on peila, carlie q, kirasath. Peila was resurrected ;) he used his ulti on himself now ^_^
    But im mostly surprised with "fast healer and harvest/leech" nerfs, can't begin to imagine how this nerf is gonna affect helm or whitch or even goldfur, and to a lesser degree all other hoc heroes. So helm now gets a direct nerf to his skills and an indirect nerf with fast healer+harvest. Overall balancing sounds good, ty.

saints_way likes this.