[Official] Gameloft Poll: communication.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jacke0, Dec 14, 2015.

What did you choose ?

1. Voice chat.

31.7%
  2. Text.

52.4%
  3. Signals and written statements.

47.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

May 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

Help us improve the in-game communication between players!
    Please vote for the setting you prefer: http://goo.gl/forms/pc5qWDtKgn

Source: Facebook.

2. atchodas

atchodas Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Ping on minimap button should be accessible without opening the minimap , this is all we need .
    Also it could ping ur current location after double tapping it , would be so op .

meteorologist likes this.
  3. castlemaker4

castlemaker4 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I hate it when an elf is back dooring and everyone's dead except some nab and your using the ping to signal " HEY LOOK HERE AND KILL THIS ELF" and the nab is just continuing to push his lane ;-;

4. Akise

Akise no longer Detective

Jun 16, 2013
    I want to keep the text chat, but some handy signals to ping for the map could be useful. I dunno but the game feels incomplete and isolated without someone talking. Even if it's just "lol noob @!&%"

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Hawtpants, rootz and castlemaker4 like this.
  5. Swedishviking

Swedishviking Well-Known Member Staff Member

May 13, 2014
    Voted for all three. @Jacke0 do u want me to Edit the voting so that we can vote for multiple Options?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    meteorologist, fhaziq9 and Rage530 like this.
  6. ~Xarams~

~Xarams~ YouTuber

Aug 10, 2014
    Jacke so nub that he can't even create a poll properly

matteper likes this.
  7. amoxicilIin

amoxicilIin Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    I voted for written statements are signals, because i don't speak during gvgs compared to my teammates so when i need to call something out i usually have to ping the map, but the pings don't specify whether i am telling my teammates to advance, retreat, be careful, ask for assistance. Especially in ranked and normals when pinging a tower my teammates will always try to start pushing into tower when it was meant to warn them or an enemy in the brushes on the sides. Being able to specify pings would be a simple yet effective way to improve communication without voice coms.

ThinIce, OraX and realturkey like this.
  8. mmg556

mmg556 Lena Oxton

Mar 31, 2015
    All are important. Although when playing with nubs like jacke who don't tp I would love an easy way to ping myself and bring up his attention :cool:

9. Topspintom

Topspintom New Member

Nov 17, 2015
    They have this on vainglory and it works really well most of the time. I agree it's definitely something they could put into the game which would improve communication.

10. Topspintom

Topspintom New Member

Nov 17, 2015
    But wouldn't that make it spammable? Noobs would become even more annoying

11. mikesmight1234

mikesmight1234 Active Member

Dec 21, 2014
    text is great as with any other game, as a vg player symbols on screen can be useful but they can only offer so much accuracy as to what you want to do

realturkey likes this.
  12. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

May 16, 2014
    yeah sure lol

13. Swedishviking

Swedishviking Well-Known Member Staff Member

May 13, 2014
    Need a button to turn of voice chat tho, i dont want ppl to hear mom going rampage in the background, nor hearing others moms

ThinIce, Nfactorial and Akise like this.
  14. Nfactorial

Nfactorial Member

Aug 15, 2015
    I have pretty much mastered the art of disconnecting from mumble extremely quickly whenever my mom starts up lol

Swedishviking likes this.
  15. Laughs

Laughs New Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Make important statements to appear on every teammate's screen.

16. Holic2110

Holic2110 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Dude hurry up and delete that "V" word. You might get struck by lightning!!!

17. Lachie95

Lachie95 Forum Lurker

Jul 4, 2014
    If it starts a flame war, then I'll act on it. Otherwise, it's not causing issues, and there are good concepts that could be brought over.

18. Holic2110

Holic2110 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    It's ok, I'm just joking lol. Take me lightly please.

19. betrayler

betrayler Member

Dec 27, 2013
    For me,I would like gameloft change the signal ping.For example,put a small button under the mini map or somewhere then when we press the button it will give out a circle with multiple choice to select like retreat,defense,offense,danger or something but not the old setting that need to open chat and select the signal it just too stupid and time wasted.

Lachie95, fhaziq9, Darryl_Tzl and 2 others like this.
  20. Lachie95

Lachie95 Forum Lurker

Jul 4, 2014
    I'm imagining something like Heroes of the Storm has. Normal Ping is just attack enemy, or help ally. Holding it down (g+click) brings up another 4 options. Defend, On My Way, Danger and I've forgotten the 4th ping (probably push or attack or something along those lines).
    Could also have Retreat as a separate ping, or added with the other ping options if you don't want screen too cluttered.

OraX likes this.