[Official] Season 5 / ranked changelog.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jacke0, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

Hello HOC players.

As season 5 begins, it’s bringing a load of changes along with it!

We understand what you want from ranked matches: High-level, competitive experiences with trustworthy teammates around your skill level. And you want enemies that you can be proud to dispatch as well. So, our first big change was to raise the player requirement for the 5v5 map to level 40. This way, we hope to ensure a more consistent level of skill, intensity and enjoyment for advanced players.

Our second move was to refine our matchmaking formula. The range of players it looks to match you with (and against) will now widen more gradually. This means it will take slightly longer to get a match started, but we think it’s more than worth it to ensure each game is as enjoyable as possible.

Another concern we wished to address was how the scores are reset at the start of each new season. The total reset was perhaps too much, and players didn’t enjoy battling all the way back to Gold and Diamond.

So from now on each new season will reset a player’s score based on their rank in the previous season:
    Gold & Diamond: 1650 points
    Silver: 1550 points
    Bronze: 1500 points

This method prevents you from dropping too low on the leaderboards and keeps competition tight at the highest levels too.

Last but not least, the rewards for this season are going to be truly special. Without unveiling too much, the best players of season 5 will get the opportunity to attend a special tournament!

Exceptionally, this season will end on the 7th of January.

Have fun and keep battling,
    The HOC Team
    [​IMG]

Source: http://www.heroesoforderandchaosgame.com/news/index.php/news/page_news/12

ShadowCat likes this.
  2. mickackou

mickackou Active Member

Great! Borders guys tho :(

3. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

Yes, this season is rift only for couple days.

Rank up as much as you can, cause trust me, it will worth it for those willing to get more competitive.

4. ~Xarams~

~Xarams~ YouTuber

5. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

Bloody teaser.

meteorologist and ShadowCat like this.
  6. Holic2110

Holic2110 Well-Known Member

Well, looks like its time to break out the dono, horse, and skale. Hopefully toxic players like walkingaway and jeinne using two accounts won't eff me up this season, as in dropping from high 2000s to low 1900s.

meteorologist likes this.