(Scoundrel) peachyfuzz's guide to Goldfur

Discussion in 'Mage Guides' started by peachyfuzz, Jan 14, 2015.

1. peachyfuzz

peachyfuzz Active Member

Peachyfuzzs Guide To Scoundrel

Hi... this i my first guide ever and i wanted to make it on someone that i feel comfortable talking about thy Fox. Making a guide seemed interesting so here i am.

Goldfur was born a mongrel - lowly, poor and hungry. He survived off his wits and not a small amount of charm, eventually becoming a strong, capable fighter, and an even stronger musician. During the day, he makes his coin fighting and during the night, he can be found playing in the corner of the tavern, always keeping a keen eye on neglected purses.

[​IMG]

Scoundrel (Goldfur)
    Base Stats
    HP - 511
    MP - 373
    Damage - 46
    Attack Speed - .67
    Attack Range - 8.0
    Movement Speed - 4.30
    Physical Defense - 15
    Magical Defense - 12
    HP regen .95 per sec
    MP Regen 1.14 per sec

So Lets talk about his skills first

1.)Enchanted Lyrics [​IMG]

Cost: 125/125/125/125 MP

Range: 9 meters

Cooldown: 16/15/14/12 seconds

Casted on ally: Places an enchantment on the hero. If the hero receives any damage, the skill will heal him or her for 75/125/175/225 + [65% of Magical Attack] HP, then jump to the allied hero with the lowest HP within 15 meters. Limited to 5 jumps and one hero at a time. Lasts 30 seconds

Casted on enemy: Places a curse on an enemy. If Goldfur attacks that enemy, the enemy will be stunned for 1.50/1.75/2.00/2.25 seconds

2.)Discordance [​IMG]

Goldfur's magical music affects all units around him.

Cost: 80/100/120/140 MP

Range: 11 meters

Cooldown: 17 seconds

Effect: Heals all affected allies by 75/95/115/135 + [45% Magical Attack], and deals 105/?/?/189 + [45% Magical Attack] Damage to all affected enemies.

Note: By using more MP, this skill can be used multiple times before cooling down. But between each cast there's a 1.5 second delay.

3.)Battle Tuning [​IMG] [​IMG]

Goldfur plays in a different key and with a different melody, depending on the situation.

Cost: 25 MP

Cooldown: 8/7/6/5 seconds

Symphony of Serenity-
    All targets healed by Goldfur will receive a Buff that reduces incoming damage by 3/4/5/6% and increases healing effects by 5%. Lasts 5 seconds.

Aria of Assault-
    All targets damaged by Goldfur's skills take extra Damage equal to 1/2/3/4% of their Max HP.

4.)Living Notes [​IMG]

Goldfur launches a bouncing note at a target. The note bounces between the target and Goldfur 4 times.

Cost: 150 MP

Range: 10 meters

Cooldown: 80 seconds

Casted on ally: Each bounce heals Goldfur or a target hero by 30/50/70 + [70% Magical Attack] HP and increases their Movement Speed by 20%.

Casted on enemy: Each bounce to a enemy hero deals 36/65/84 + [70% Magical Attack] Damage and reduces Movement Speed by 10%. Each bounce to Goldfur heals him by 30/50/70 + [70% Magical Attack] HP.

Ok so it should go something like this 2,1,3,2,2,4,1,2,4,3,1,4,1,3,3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Break Down On Skills:

Maxing discordance is good because it heals, deals good chunk of damage, fast casting time, very fast cc, and is not manually aimed meaning if you cast it it will attack all enemies within a radius with no drawbacks; even if there are 20 or so creeps thats in your radius, itll damage all of them will full damage.

Enchanted lyrics is the next best because it provides as a heal or a stun. By putting it on an ally, hero or not, it'll heal them when they take damage. It bounces to the lowest healthed hero so it wont bounce between minions but if on the the minion, it will bounce to the nearest hero!! If you place it on an enemy, if you auto attack once automatically after it wont stun but on the second auto it does. You could also put it on then wait for a teency tiny bit then discordance which will also stun.

Battle tuning. You can switch between symphony of serenity or aria of assault. Usually you should use aria of assault there isnt as much enemies around so you deal the max amount of damage without worrying about your team. But in a team fight focus on healing and use symphony because it increases healing affects and creates a damage reducing shield which will benefit your team.

Living Notes in my opinion is probably one of the best ults in the game. It does massive damage and healing all in one. I can be used on a target enemy hero which heals you and damages him or you can use it on a friendly ally preferably a hero :). It heals you and the targeted friendly for a lot of health.

Items:

So first you want to start with

x2 squire wisdoms

Do not get mana because you will be too squishy to lane effectively and you need that extra magical damage.

(When laning you can go top or bot. If your team does not have a good midder, you could definitely go mid. When you get battle tuning you should switch to aria of assault because healing this early in the game wont do much unless your in a mini team fight and such. When getting creeps, you should spread your auto attacks between a few minions then wait until you know your discordance can take out multiple at a time. Do not harass with discordance because that will destroy your mana if you keep casting. Also be wary that the cooldown will take about 20 seconds to cool down so its best not to free cast that too much because you'll never know when you need it.)

From here you should build towards these items:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Hades Armor can be changed with:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Boneflame may be taken out for:

[​IMG]

The Helm grants invincibility which is great just in case your the target fire. The Shield grants more AOE heals when you need them the most or if your on cooldown and can do nothing but heal with your shield. The Frost Ring will give you alot of mana but with less magical damage. It still does provide CDR (cool down reduction).

I would not recommend getting a Nymphs Relic Or Draconian Bloodmask. They don't increase the healing output you do and you can only relatively use the added heals with your ult and first skill that bounces around. If your in a match where you are ahead i would definitely recommend telling your teammates to all buy a Bloodmask. Its 4k gold but well worth it; your temamates will benefit from heal greatly.

Talents:

[​IMG]
    Decrease the Cooldown Time of Teleport by 15%. The target you teleport to will receive a shield, absorbing damage equal to (100 + 10% target's Max HP) at most. The target will be healed according to the remaining HP of the shield when you successfully Teleport. This effect cannot be triggered twice within 3 minutes or on buildings.

[​IMG]
    Increases your Physical Defense by 12% of Magical Attack.

[​IMG]
    When receiving damage that causes your HP to drop below 20%, grants a shield that absorbs damage equal to 20 x Your Level + 5% of your Max HP, lasts for 7 seconds. Cannot be triggered twice within 3 minutes.

[​IMG]
    Your hero's Physical and Magical Attack are increased by 3% for every hero (both ally and enemy) within 15 meters.

[​IMG]
    Each time you use a skill, your Magical Attack and Physical Attack will be increased by 3% and MP cost of skills will be reduced by 3%. Effect can stack up to 5 times. If another skill is used when it reached its maximum capacity, then the effect resets to 0.

The tablets speak for themselves. With whispering you can achieve the max 15% really easily with your ability to spam your second skill. Your going to be around your team so whispering is good. Force is just for the extra phys defense as you will be scaling alot of magic damage.

Talents:

[​IMG]
    Spirit: Increases your MP Regen by 0.15/0.30/0.45/0.60/0.75 per second
    Quickening: Increases your movement speed by 0.8%/0.16%/0.24%/0.32%/0.40%
    Nourishment: Increase your MP Regen by 0.02/0.04/0.06/0.08/0.1 per second
    Surprise: Recover 10%/20%/30% more HP and MP when you level up

The movement speed is little but anything helps in that category. The Mana Regen all in all is about 1.75 which is great to have as you can sustain longer. Surprise is surprisingly op. You can literally regain all your health and MP which will allow you to out sustain your enemy laner.

The rest of your talents can go into cool down reduction on the mage side and some more in support if you like.

Threats:

[​IMG]
    He can dash to you early to mid game and eat your face with his dps and dmg. Late game you should be able to ult, auto, and disordance your way to victory!! As with most fighters im going to list.

[​IMG]
    His ult can easily negate you burst potential and then you'll be stuck on cooldown and get beat up, a few bops here and a few bops there. Always save your ult for last.

[​IMG]
    Um well... Stun equals death. If you see him jump on you don't hesitate to ult him. He will most likely stun you and your ult should give you enough time to recover so you wont die once the stun wears off. From there spam discordance and pray you survive.

[​IMG]
    Dash swipe auto. Dash auto. Dash swipe. Dash auto. ULT. Stronk. You should immediately stun her with your enchanted lyrics and kite her as best as you can. Save your ult for last.

[​IMG]
    He will auto you until you die so its best to stun him. And discordance some and run. Just help your team to fight hime b healing your teammates. Ult him if hes about to kill you; you'll get your health back and he'll have to start again.

[​IMG]
    Try and ambush. Hide in a bush and wait for her just don't let stand too far away from you or she will auto you and snipe you to death. You can easily kill her with your ult and a few discordances. Remember to stun her with your first skill.

[​IMG]
    If he fires his bolts at you you can either run or shrek his face. Start with stunning him and you will take damage from his bolts so ult straight off the bat and discordance and auto till hes dead.

[​IMG]
    In a team fight if she gets on you you can't do anything about it. The moment you get out and don't die you should ult her immediately before she silences you; team fight or not. From here spam discordance.

[​IMG]
    His far away stuns and massive damage will hurt but know that once there down start ulting to stay alive and discordance. In a team fight his damage is totally negated by your healing potential.

[​IMG]
    He will jump on you and chunk you. Your best bet is to ult and stun and run. Your team should back you up if you're targeted in a team fight.

[​IMG]
    Early game she will suck all of your mana and you may have to back constantly because of that. Best bet is to stay back andlet your other teammates suffer the pain.

So this is it, my first guide and my first guide to Scoundrel A.K.A Fox.
    Criticize me its ok :)
    Thanks for reading!!
    Info and Pics go to HOC wiki

2. Oggoey69

Oggoey69 Member

I really like frost ring on him !

3. peachyfuzz

peachyfuzz Active Member

Sure why not

4. Iluminescent

Iluminescent Active Member

Nice job!I really enjoy playing goldfur and seeing that not much people makes me sad ;(
    I usually build nymph relic on him tho ;3

5. Ninja15912

Ninja15912 New Member

I think I played a match with you before... I think I was either Evistix JG or Goroshia... It's so weird seeing people you played a match with on the forums... Lol

6. peachyfuzz

peachyfuzz Active Member

^^
    Reallly thats cool
    I think you were the guy learning goro and i told you to pick Evistix =p

7. turkeyduck

turkeyduck Member

the guide is out dated now due to the item changes.....

8. peachyfuzz

peachyfuzz Active Member

Um i guess ill update it

9. NguyenHuuBrian

NguyenHuuBrian Active Member

The Magic boots are kinda useless (sorry if it sounds rude). Maybe you should remove them for armor like Hades or Spider or some kind of armor depending on the game? even if Boots are gone you still have movement speed from Lollipop, the "quickening" support talent (if you use support talents) , or guild skills(if your in a guild that unlocked it). P.S. I barely play mage you don't have to accept my advice if you don't want to.

10. peachyfuzz

peachyfuzz Active Member

Yeah
    In my days of playing him as of right now i usually get the loillipop so i skip boots. So worth silly fighters ain't got no lollipop... but they could still buy it :)

edit: ok i updated the guide

11. turkeyduck

turkeyduck Member

nice guide i like it now xd....

12. ROASTB33FAN

ROASTB33FAN Member

Nice guide. Try to name the tablet names;although most people know them =p

13. Saint7502

Saint7502 Well-Known Member

Why two boneflames? the passive doesnt stack . And I would personally switch zealots horn for nymphs relic it provides regen, max hp and mp, speed(not a lot but its there), and stronger heals. And if u have support talent for speed and nymphs relic and lollipop you will always have a 20% speed boost(19% to be exact since gameloft wanted to nerf the support talent for some odd reason)

Edit: nymphs relic also has the best CDR since boneflame was nerfed

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    ROASTB33FAN likes this.
  14. JukedBox

JukedBox Active Member

He's enjoyable but if the enemy team has a lot of heroes with gap closure. Like: Horse, Monkey, Donovac and know to target you first because your carries will be unkillable otherwise. Expect to see a lot of death countdown timers.

15. bobby mcjackson

bobby mcjackson Active Member

For the tablets section, you put talents.
    Edit: Hopefully I don't get banned for reviving, but I thought spelling issues would be important

16. mad3434

mad3434 Active Member

Nice guide but... Why two boneflame wands ?