Why do some pro-wannabes don't want to kill tower?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by pandagamer19876, Dec 4, 2016.

1. pandagamer19876

pandagamer19876 Member

Aug 2, 2016
    So some guys shouted I'm noob for killing the first tower. It wasn't on one occasion, apparently, there is a rule I don't know not to kill the tower.

I understand that the longer the game, the more emblems. I understand that if I kill the tower, or I get the last hit, I gain more gold.

On my side, I want to finish the game as fast because in one instance, the enemy team has a Frostzel. In another game, one of our teammates left the game, so it was us two, versus them three.

When I killed the tower, one of the pro wannabes shouted that I am noob. Why? Why should I not kill tower?

2. MyLastDreams

MyLastDreams Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2014
    (Assuming you mean 3v3) Simply put, taking out the first tower early in 3v3 WILL screw you over. At the best case you just made it where the other team will just turtle at base making the match drag out. If they are actually a decent team they will pass you in both gold and exp as the match drags out due to having more creeps.

Not excusing the people who raged at you, but that's pretty much why you should hold off from doing it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  3. ~Xarams~

~Xarams~ YouTuber

Aug 10, 2014
    It just makes it harder for you to kill the opponents since they're always in the shade and they're close to the fountain.

pandagamer19876 and Sadowmancer like this.
  4. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

Nov 17, 2014
    to clarify dreams post when u take the first tower in border map your team will create six creeps instead of 4 (while a relatively recent update made it so the xp and gold increase from these extra creeps arent too big)
    this gives the enemy team the chance fo catch up even with out grabbing kills

the only real to around this is to only take tower once your team pulls an ace and has sufficent time to break all towers at once and preferebly the base too
    so while u were wrong in taking the towers the ragers in question are just as much at fault for not clarifying why u were wrong

5. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer Controller of Misery

Feb 10, 2015
    3v3

Kill their tier 1 tower you lose
    End of story

6. Areesyg

Areesyg Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Last time was worse. If you destroy enemy first tower you are almost guaranteed a lost. The creeps gold gain for enemy doesnt differ but then they updated it to make enemy get less gold from each creeps when first tower is down. So last time was 6 creeps and maximum gold gain when tower is down. Before they updated this i manage to 1v3 using gambler. Granted enemy was not pro but fairly decent but still, if gambler could solo win tht shows you how detrimental it can be.

Aood74vu likes this.
  7. pandagamer19876

pandagamer19876 Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Oh I see. Makes sense. I understand now. So what should I do then if the enemy has late game type of hero like Frost? Or if it's us 2 vs 3? Should I risk having them level up? Because at one time, we had an enemy who lost because they weren't pushing the towers. Maybe it was their fault because they were dying under our main base.

8. Areesyg

Areesyg Member

Sep 22, 2016
    One thing you can do in a 2v3 situation is freeze lane. Stay under your tower and let enemy push. Have your teammate nearby to counter-gank. If you are dominating lane, then keep their carry from last hitting. If you are not dominating lane, let enemy destroy your first tower then farm inside your base. Make sure your 2nd and 3rd tower is taking minimal damage. Once you are fed and can ensure to win a 2v3, go push lane and make enemy come to you. After you kill all 3, rush to their 1st tower and destroy it, then go to next tower. If only 1-2 revive, keep pushing lane because you are ahead of them now.

9. Troja42

Troja42 Active Member

Jul 23, 2015
    It´s really hard to decide when to destroy the tower. It requires some experience to know when the right moment is. Given that it´s a pretty balanced game, you can destroy the tower after you killed the boss for the second time.

Another good tactic is to destroy the tower after your team won a teamfight against the other team. When you know that at least two of the enemies have recently spent a revive token and thus have to wait about 60 sec. until they respawn and you are strong enough to take down the first tower plus one of the other two towers, that´s ok too.
    One other situation: if the enemies are some levels ahead and destroy your first tower, then just get back to your base and farm the creeps. Try to keep them away from your second and third tower for some minutes and gain some xp and gold. But the enemies will keep pushing and pushing and damaging the towers because they now have to destroy your other two towers quickly or you get too much gold and xp. What now happens is the following: both of your towers have only half of the heal left and suddenly your enemies start tower diving. You win the teamfight and kill all of them. Now you`re wondering weather you should destroy the enemy tower or nah. In my opinion you should. Because earlier or later you gonna lose your tower because of the enemies`creeps and because of your enemies`damage. If you destroy the enemy tower, you balance the creep stream and furthermore you can try to destroy the second and third tower.
    I hope you could follow me here.
    Btw I think it`s great that you ask as I´m sure there are players out there who will make the "tower mistake" over and over again and wonder why they never win lol.

It´s all about being able to destroy a second tower. When you have already destroyed two towers it´s very unlikely that you still lose.

pandagamer19876 likes this.
  10. Sofa_King777

Sofa_King777 New Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Destroy the first tower only after u hav gained the level advantage or gold advantage. Do it when your team can push further past first tower and break through the last two. Dont give them a lot of time to farm after the first tower. I had a team make that mistake once; going for mogul and dragon and not landing a decisive push to destroy towers and end game. Thats wat i c a lot: after victorious team fights ppl tele back to base and not use the chance to destroy towers. The enemy team caught up lvl wise and gold wise and pushed back my undecisive team to my defeat.

11. Riley12301

Riley12301 Gambler OP ♠️♦️♣️♥️ Staff Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Kindly stop replying to old threads, if you want to have a new discussion simply make a new thread. Use your better judgement to determine if the thread is old. This particular thread is over a month old, the discussion here has already ended. In forum terms we call this "necro-ing".

Thank you and have a nice day.

12. 3V1LS0UL

3V1LS0UL I liek fizz C:

Mar 31, 2016
    [​IMG]
    lawl

Sadowmancer and rivercrow19 like this.