[3v3 Border Skirmish] General Tips and Why

Discussion in 'New Players' started by jeremydreamer17, Jul 30, 2014.

1. jeremydreamer17

jeremydreamer17 Active Member

Hey guys! If you are starting out here or you simply want to become a better player in Heroes of Order and Chaos, I just wanted to give some tips that could help you help your team win and make the overall gameplay smoother. Also please note that most, if not all, of these tips are applicable to 3v3 PVP (since I would assume most would want to begin there).

1. Please, please, please do not attack tower/destroy tower too early in game.
    Why? Destroying the tower at any point in the game will cause your minions to grow in both number and strength. If the tower is destroyed when both teams are roughly at equal levels then your enemies (if they are smart) will take advantage of the increased amount of minions and kill them and get more XP and money. Thus, despite your team being able to destroy the tower early on, you have turned the tides into their favor. It is best to destroy the tower when you are clearly at an advantage (e.g., you are several levels stronger than your enemies, you are at the point where your build is complete and there's no point in waiting, you know you can take down the other two towers and the base fairly quickly)
    2. Last hit! Not push!
    Why? And what does this mean?
    Let's say you're the one laning for your team, and to lane means to take mid and be in charge of it. So you're there and your minions and your enemies' minions are duking it out like there's no tomorrow. DO NOT KILL THE ENEMY MINIONS BY JUST AUTO-ATTACKING REPEATEDLY. I say this because it is best to wait till your minions have reduced the health of the enemy minions to almost 0 and you finish them off with a last hit. You must understand that you only gain the money and you gain the most XP when you kill the minion yourself not when your minion kills the other minion and if you auto attack and your minion ends up killing it with last hit you get some XP but no money. This is also a method of effective lane control. Buying attack speed items will help you get the last hit. :)
    3. If you're in the lobby, make sure all roles are filled.
    Why? A balanced team, is often a better team. Having all 3 fighters is great if you're also fighting an entire team of fighters or maybe some mages, but against support tanks, Mage tanks, and tanks themselves, you'll be out of luck. My tip is to master more than one class. Learn how to play Mage and fighter. Or support and guardian and mage. This will not only make you a better player, but a better asset to your team. Make sure you also have the necessary talents and tablets for whatever hero and class you are playing as well.
    4. Know who's laning. Know who's farming. Try not to steal the farm of your own teammates.
    Why? Often when you play 3's, you may be with people who do not know where they're supposed to be or maybe you don't really know where you're supposed to be. Let me explain. There are neutral creature near the top of the map and at the bottom of the map and bottom of the lane. If you go to these areas and kill these creatures, you're essentially farming. Now some heroes should always farm first and usually they should farm to 6 before coming down to their team. If you play tank a lot or you are like paladin or even Inquisitor (in some cases) then you should probably go to the top of the map of your side and farm until 6. Now if play fighter or Mage, generally you want to go to the lane and try to last hit so you can get items and pack more damage or you can farm bot meaning you get those neutral creatures directly below the lane. In the lobby: make sure to not only fulfill all the roles of the classes, but also know who will be farming or laning. There cannot be two people farming top if you want to be efficient nor can there be two people in the lane. EFFICIENCY IS KEY.
    5. COMMUNICATE
    Why? Do I need to even say why. When your teammates want to go for the gank, but you don't think it's a good idea, then please say so. If you don't have mana, let them know. If you think you can kill an enemy with your team's help, then call on them. Please don't just call them noob. Or flame them or insult them. Keep it clean and respectable. Now if you have someone who loves to feed and goes out of their way to make sure your team loses, then let your enemies know, they might understand and sympathize. (At that point you must decide what the best course of action is.) If your teammates speak different languages and you don't know how to speak their language then use the exclamation icon on the map to signal where you want them to go or to call their attention to something you think is important.
    6. When you're purchasing items, buy things that build into more powerful items. Why? Again, efficiency is key. You will realize that if you start small and you last hit and you communicate with your team and get those kills, then you will be able to buy the stronger items faster and more of other items that can build into other strong items. If you wait until you have like 4500 to get blessed bracers, then you're setting yourself up for a long wait. Now there are cases when you just get a lot of kills because of a successful gank or whatever and so you have a lot of cash early in the game, then feel free to buy what you think is best, but remember if you buy a bunch of cheaper items that build into stronger items as opposed to one strong item, you'll be in a better position to win.

Well guys that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more that could be suggested, but my brain is poop now. Hmmm... As I said before these tips are applicable to 3's, but some are obviously more general and can be applied to other maps. I hope y'all find this helpful and happy gaming! :)

2. Timmy

Timmy New Member

RE: General Tips For All and Why

Actully for 5s map u need to.

PUSH.PUSH.PUSH and destory tower early

3. jeremydreamer17

Thanks for the input Timmy! But I just wanted to point out that most of these tips are for 3's and I specified that in the beginning. Thanks again. :)

4. JeanGrey

JeanGrey Member

i play 99.9 of my matches random 3:3, and i can tell you this much, i hate when my role is farming and your own teammates come and steal spiders because they want that fast level up..... zzzzz
    gets me extremely frustrated next to them killing tower saying they needed $$$. lol

5. kr4m123

kr4m123 Wake me up inside

What you want to do is freeze the lane in 3s whilst also last hitting.

Freezing the lane means you keep the line where your creeps and the enemy creeps meet around in the same place and you make sure they don't push and you make sure you don't push.

You can, if you're jungling top or are just jungling the bottom creeps nearest to the lane go and hold the lane whilst your laner retreats or the top laner can do this. This is because laning is so much more profitable than jungling and all the gold and xp that the laner is gonna miss anyway can go to a jungler. I sometimes also tax my lane if my laner doesn't react to the gank that I set up (I only do this in random PvPs, it's just to punish them so they get better next time :p (so I mean don't tax the lane in GvG when your laner is present unless you're seriously underlevelled)).

6. jeremydreamer17

Thank you Kram for the input! I did not know the term of freezing the lane and I understood the concept, but I never what it was called or that there was a term for it. Also you made a good point with farming and I agree with it, and I suppose it is up to the player to make the final decision. Thanks for helping! :)

7. Mabarry3

Mabarry3 Active Member

-Thread moved to new players.

I actually made a thread similar to this a while back, specifically for 3s. It currently sits on the (now-somewhat-abandoned) God-Squad private forums. I might go read it again, lol

8. Houdini92

Houdini92 Member

when you want to last hit under your tower this is the patern you should memorize:
    -
    Melee minions: autoattack, tower hit, autoattack
    Mage minions: tower hit, autoattack

9. xiphoidDonut

xiphoidDonut Well-Known Member

10. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

I believe this is wrong.
    Should be 2x tower hits then autoattack for melee minions,
    and the mage ones only work if you have about 90 dmg or more i think.

And in the guide above, dont by attack speed to help last hitting,
    learn to last hit with the amount of dmg you have, and build your hero according to some of the great guides people write on our forum! :)

11. Houdini92

Houdini92 Member

yes i think i confuse them with Under Rift Realms first towerm where the towerdamage is higher. Corrected in another post in chyox thread about rift.

12. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

Hehe :) No problem houdini, you do alot of good work around here!
    i forgive you