[Android] - Crashing Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chyox, Apr 13, 2015.

How often do you crash on Android?

1. ca. 1 out of 10 matches

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. ca. 5 out of 10 matches

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. At least once every match

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Multiple times every match

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. It's completely random, some days not at all, some days I spent more time reconnecting than playing

32 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. THEnaeblis

THEnaeblis New Member

Not sure if yall are till gathering info but ill post anyway

Ign thenaeblis
    Andriod 4.4.2
    Device nextbook8 tablet

My crashes are completly random. I played on high graffics at first so i try low settings, no change in random crashes. So i play on high now. Most crashes are on border map. Rift crash is rare. I do many things to try and avoid crashing.

1. I reset app after every game. ( seems to crash less often with a freshly opened hoc app)
    2. I clear my cached data often.
    3 i force close all chat apps and uneeded background apps.
    4 i always make sure i have good wifi reception.

I also have problems with deync games. It seems random but desync comes in spurts. Example: i dont desync for like 3 weeks then i desync 3 times in one night.
    I hope my information helps

2. beboH40

beboH40 Active Member

Lol just played second idiot match when i crash and reconnect play 10 sec and again crash so many times that i needed to close the game cuz there arent any devs to swear lol, dont believe to anything what devs say this game goes worst with every update not better,prepare for new bugs with new up lol

Voidspawn likes this.
  3. beboH40

beboH40 Active Member

Fuk just some1 crashed my game and before crash i sold 2 items for 100k gold... lol

4. jeanddr

jeanddr New Member

player name: jeanddr
    device: Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Android version: 4.4.2

I play mostly PvP 3vs3, and it crashes almost every game,at least once, and other players crash too, not only me.

5. VilyzSyPrdelSTBK

VilyzSyPrdelSTBK New Member

VilyzSyPrdelSTBK
    android 5.0
    device ASUS memopad 7
    I also play on PC over bluestack and i have same problem

6. tedinl15

tedinl15 New Member

tedinl
    Android Jelly Bean
    Huawei MediaPad7 Youth2
    So, the game crash randomly and mostly at Sinskaald Rift and sometimes it doesnt even sync. When it crash at Border Skirmish it very often have wrong sync and doesnt allow me to play. Somehow it never crash at the train map, but when i use Akartu it always crash at the 5-10th minute.

7. tedinl15

tedinl15 New Member

+1 to this

LTHaz3 likes this.
  8. Voidspawn

Voidspawn Member

The community specifically asked (screamed?) GL to stop dumping new content on us when the old content doesn't even work. We get a bunch of promises for bug fixes on update changelog, and instead get a new hero (OP), new tablets (bugged), no improvement to crashes/dc (in some situations it, of course, is now worse), and new modes (Fun mode, seriously? the entire point was to make the game fun as it was - GvG is still dead, and individual rankings are still based 100% on pure luck and/or lobby shopping).

So, thanks, Gameloft. Maybe you need this spelled out for you...

Stop implementing your own ideas. They freaking suck. Start listening to your community, and FIX WHAT IS ALREADY BROKEN BEFORE ADDING NEW CONTENT THAT MAKES IT WORSE AND HARDER TO FIX.

tedinl15 and LTHaz3 like this.
  9. LTHaz3

LTHaz3 Active Member

lthaz3
    Intex Aqua 4g+
    Android 5.0
    Frequency : If my phone is a car, HOC is a drunk stoned driver hu stole a car from a used car depot and is trying to escape the police in a rocky mountainous area.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  10. LTHaz3

LTHaz3 Active Member

I think you are r8. I never crashed(at least not by dono) ever since I put settings to high. Also it occurs wen one casts the AOE spell with gap closer

11. LTHaz3

LTHaz3 Active Member

U just spoke wat was on my mind dude

12. Chyox

Chyox Master of Memes & Funmode Fanatic Staff Member

Latest update seems to have it fixed anyways. :)

13. beboH40

beboH40 Active Member

dont know is it cause ranked finish but now in normal and custom i didnt have any crash from update

14. PipoyXD

PipoyXD New Member

The developers of this game sucks. Chage staff. Work on bugs and crash before updating.

15. Sitock

Sitock New Member

sitock
    Android 4.2.2
    Asus Memo Tab 10 FHD

I think I noticed a detail useful to determine the problem.

It is not easy to point out, a few days ago but I notice it, and it's happened again this morning, in such a way more evident.

I do not know what it's called on Android devices the tray with previews of all apps running, however, is a triky detail that can be seen only there.

When I'm playing and the game crashes, I try almost instantly to return in game looking for it in the list of running applications.

Some days ago in the preview I saw the typical system message type timeouts that say "Connecting to server ..." blue-green frame on a black background, but when I zoomed in to the preview of the running game It appeared the Gameloft logo.

It will have lasted one second, when I noticed the "tray" of Android and I zoomed in on the scene had changed by showing the logo.

Made aware by this detail when I crashed this morning I realized that once again on a black background there was something, but it was very clear what it was, it was the AD screen of the strategic game that is being publicizing recently.

I think in some ways, can be promotional messages not intended for sending to clients in the match, but somehow being unexpected bring the app to restart.

I say this because when I saw it in previews, the logo Gameloft had not appeared, and so was not yet been required to be authenticated.

I therefore believe that the AD message is the last thing that comes to the client before restarting.

Definitely I try to pay even more attention to this detail in the future.

16. XStormspirit

XStormspirit New Member

XStormspirit
    Android 4.4.4
    Xperia m2
    Crashes about more then once in pvp match and randomly crashes when playing co-op

17. LTHaz3

LTHaz3 Active Member

Device: Any android device
    Version: L or any other versions
    Bugs: FC's, lags, DC's, ads in game, no rewards, screen locks, sync fail+a thousand others which Gayloft probably knows but doesnt give a shit. All this can cause you to throw your phone to a wall.
    Resolution: Reinstall game and hence be trolled by Gayloft; Wait for Gayloft to fix bugs in upcoming updates. Since we all know ne updates adds more bugs rather than otherwise, we have only one solution, Fuck Gayloft, sue them for causing stress, play Vain Glory

18. SeasonedSalt

SeasonedSalt Well-Known Member

All phones/tablets I have purchased since the beginning of HoC with results:

CAPTAINS LOG.... SOME TIME 2012......

Iphone 3GS: The very first times I layed eyes on this sexy game we call Heroes of Order and Chaos...... No crashes! Me, my wife, my uncle and my friends were all playing together. This game was so damn fun and we trolled hard!

Samsung Galaxy S2: Game Stability 75-80%: Had this phone during the update that windows is at right now, pre donovac crash. I could play for about 4 or 5 hours straight with some lag but not many crashes.

Samsung Galaxy S3: Game Stability 75-80% Again another device pre Donovac crash and same results as the s2

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1: Game Stability 60-75%: This was marketed as one of the top tablets of its time. However it is here where i began noticing the higher resolutions affecting the overall performance and stability. The framerate dropped drastically. Crashes were beginning to increase. I suppose it may have been the texture scaling overloading the GPU, causing a freeze. Also the touch screen controls dont seem to work as well....

Samsung Galaxy S4: Game Stability 50%: This game has become hit or miss. Pre Donovac still, however he was released when I had this phone. It was at this time I began experimenting with streaming. I figured that moving to a smaller phone with equally strong hardware that I may crash less. Upgraded internet in the process 80mbps Upload/ 80mbps Download. Figured it wouldnt hurt to have good ISP too. However the game was crashing every other game if not every game.

Samsung Galaxy S5: Game stability 50%: No real improvement. Several hotfixes were released in order to address major issues. It doesnt feel like many of them were adressed. Im starting to feel like Donovac wasnt really the issue.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Stability 50-70% Okay well Im sure this device is like THE BEST OUT THERE, Purchased new streaming equipment. Played HoC really hard for a few weeks off stream to prepare.. BAM were live! people are so happy and feel like android is on the upswing. GREAT NEWS! Major Patch Release! Welcome Melina Spellman!. Server runs flawless for 5 days straight! Hosting my first Gameloft Sponsored Tournament. Tournament goes fairly well. 2 Days later however, crashes begin again. I go off stream to assess if it is just me, but its not. My guild is crashing alot too.... I decide to upgrade devices again and start planning a new tournament.

LG G4: Stability 50-70%: The game didnt seem to crash as much however i did not like the fact that the phone was getting WAYYYY too hot. Even off the charger. Switching back to Samsung.

Samsung Galaxy S6: Stability 50-60%: This is a really powerful phone! SURELY NOTHING CAN GO WRONG! FOrced to cancel android tournament because guilds are complaining too much about crashes. Ive decided to try and take on a more active part in our guild. Playing some more GvG's. Holy crap i hate 3v3 map because it crashes hard for everyone. We've decided to stick to 5v5 maps. Ive decided to stop streaming. Tried doing Ranked, Crashes every 3rd or 4th game. Im superstitious so i just reset my device every 3rd or 4th game. Is it me or is my phone getting hot again?

Samsung Galaxy S6(REPLACEMENT): Stability 50-60%: My phone EXPLODED. Im not exhaggerating. they gave me a faulty handset... i burned my hand really bad trying to pull it off the charger. Wrote samsung a really nasty email. They assured me that the replacement they are mailing me is not faulty. Kamcord Approached me about streaming HoC. Decided to stream again. first week went okay. then the game started crashing again. Theres this weird bug where the touch controls dont work. Thought it was because my hands were too sweaty. Started putting baby powder on my hands to see if that helps. i notice the screen stops working before crashes. The crashes in my opinion seem to be coming in waves... some weeks are good. some weeks are god awful.

-End of Captains Log.

saints_way likes this.
  19. LTHaz3

LTHaz3 Active Member

FUCK! You are scaring the shit outta me! currently using an S6 and it tends to heat up fast!

20. Freshdesu/android

Freshdesu/android Member

Android
    Samsung galaxy tab s2 loop infinate synchro

Altho i do crash every time i do my second match and then synchro stuck on loop

This happens often.