[Anioah] Josh's Guide to <Battle Mage> March 2015

Discussion in 'Support Guides' started by Akise, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Akise

Akise no longer Detective

[​IMG]
    'Do not be so foolish as to judge a mage's skill by her appearance.'

As one of Grandmaster Airurasth's most brilliant students, Anioah is not only a powerful mage with unmatched skills in spellcasting, but she can also wield a sword as deftly as any seasoned warrior. As mightly as she is on the battlefield, Anioah is perhaps more known for her unrivaled beauty. But make a remark about her appearance and it could be the last thing you'll ever say...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Anioah can be purchased for 9000 emblems and was for 480 runes, it has been reduced to 225 runes. Her skins, Devil's Knight, Courtesan and Star Mage (Available in a package.) can both be purchased for runes in the shop.

[​IMG]

• 0. Introduction
      1. Skills
      2. Skillbuild
      3. Strategy
      4. Threats
      5. Item Build
      6. Tablets
      7. Talents
      8. Credits

[​IMG]

Anioah is an underused hero and not many people like her. Though she is underestimated and is quite a threat and an annoyance at early-mid game. Her skillset allows her and other magical users to deal significant amounts of damage and almost never run out of mana. If you like being an annoying support for the enemy, Anioah is for you. Although she slightly falls down later in the game, she is still very versatile of what her item build can be and what her role is: carry; support; tank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1. Word of Power : Evaporation
    'Anioah sacrifices her spirit energy to damage the spirit energy of another. If the attack is successful, the energy is restored.'
    Damage
    100% of the MP burned (Max 90/125/160/195) + 45% Magical Attack + 6% Current Mana
    Cost
    90/135/180/225
    Cooldown
    14/12/10/8 seconds
    Range
    8 metres
    Additional Effects
    The target will be slowed if his or her MP reaches 0 after being hit by the skill

Evaporation is Anioah's signature skill. It allows you to steal an opponent's mana whilst simultaneously dealing the same amount as magical damage, if this attack is successful, you get the mana back! The slight flaw is that it has quite medium range meaning you can be hit at the same range as the average ranged hero. Usually you use this before Cleansing early game.

Example:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    2. Word of Power : Cleansing
    'Anioah sends out a wave of crushing spirit energy in all directions, damaging everyone in its path.'
    Damage
    110/160/210/260 + 55% Magical Attack + 5% of Anioah's Current Mana
    Cost
    80/90/100/110
    Cooldown
    14/12/10/8
    Range
    11/11/11/11

Cleansing is a long ranged AoE burst skills and Anioah's main, primary damage harassing skill. Secretly if you select a target and use this skill, it is longer than the actual animation. You can combo this with Evaporation.

By longer than the animation:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3. Word of Power: Protection
    Passive

Restores 1/2/3/4 MP every second to nearby allies (and yourself)
    Active
    Creates a shield that spends MP to block all incoming Damage for 6 seconds
    Cost
    0/0/0/0
    Cooldown
    12/10/8/6

The passive is awesome with the regen you can pair up with Fername's Blade, with a high mana regen (9 mana regen per second alone with Fername's Blade.)
    Activating this skill cost no mana at all levels and when you max it out, you can have an infinite mana shield! Though this sound incredibly epic, the slight drawback is that your defenses don't work, meaning you take full damage when your mana shield is on.

Example:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    4. Power Word : Smite
    'Anioah unleashes her fury and slams the ground, damaging all nearby enemies.'
    Damage
    140/200/260 + 100% of Magical Attack + 20% of Current Mana
    Cost
    150/225/300
    Cooldown
    90/75/65
    Additional Information
    Struck people'd Magical Defense has been lowered by 20/40/60% and their movement speed is reduced by 20% for 10 seconds.

Overkill when you got some items complete. This skills deals a lot of damage as well as it being AoE. With it's 100% scaling and now the buffed 20% extra damage according to your current mana, you can burst a squishy target at 50%+ hp later in the game.

Example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. Standard Battle Mage Build

[​IMG] - Cleansing
    [​IMG] - Evaporation
    [​IMG] - Cleansing
    [​IMG] - Protection
    [​IMG] - Cleansing
    [​IMG] - Smite
    [​IMG] - Cleansing
    [​IMG] - Evaporation
    [​IMG] - Smite
    [​IMG] - Evaporation
    [​IMG] - Evaporation
    [​IMG] - Smite
    [​IMG] - Protection
    [​IMG] - Protection
    [​IMG] - Protection
    This build lets Anioah deal as much damage from Cleansing early to mid game whilst also being a pain by letting Evaporation be her secondary skill to use. You also have protection just to have a safety net to fall on if you're getting ganked or your hp is dropping significantly. Like most if not all ultimates, you can level it up at 6,9 and 12.

2. Evaporation Mishaps
    [​IMG] - Evaporation
    [​IMG] - Cleansing
    [​IMG] - Protection
    [​IMG] - Evaporation
    [​IMG] - Evaporation
    [​IMG] - Smite
    [​IMG] - Evaporation
    [​IMG] - Cleansing
    [​IMG] - Smite
    [​IMG] - Cleansing
    [​IMG] - Cleansing
    [​IMG] - Smite
    [​IMG] - Protection
    [​IMG] - Protection
    [​IMG] - Protection
    This makes it so in the early-mid game phase, you can continually spam Evaporation and make your opponents retreat a lot more. Although you won't get as much damage as what you get Cleansing first and maxing it first but remember that once you max Evaporation, you can use it every 8 seconds!

[​IMG]

Skillbuild 1 - Don't be too aggressive but you want to also be aggressive at the same time. Word of Power: Cleansing hurts and can be used to hit the opposing laner and their creeps if they stand behind it. You can then further harass with Evaporation once you have it. Make sure you do not run out of mana too fast, you don't want yourself to retreat. Achieving and obtaining Power Word: Smite at level 6 and this means you can be further aggressive and try to land a Power Word: Smite. Once you do, it will help you a lot. When having Smite, partnering with a mage is good as you both hit very hard once you land it. Remember that it is only 20% at level 6 but that is still nice. Maxing Cleansing not only increases damage but also has the same mana cost. Pair this up with Evaporation and you have damage a lot of the enemy's health for a cost of only 100-125 mana. Be careful for anyone with slows and stuns as you have no escape apart from Smite but since it has a ridiculous casting time, it isn't viable. If you do manage to get into late game phase, try to support your mages/teammates more by using Smite a lot more and Cleansing. Don't try to last hit the enemy and get the gold by killstealing with Cleansing. Although it does a lot of damage, your teammates need more money than you do. Only do last hit if none of you team and kill your enemy. Be annoying to tanks and fighters by Evaporating their mana. It only takes 2-4 Word of Power : Evaporations to complete remove a level 15 tank/fighter.

Simple Combo: Cleansing -> Evaporation -> Smite -> Repeat Cleansing and Evaporation.

Skillbuild 2 - Again, Don't be too aggressive at the start. 8 metres means you can get hit from ranged heroes but if you land the Evaporation, you just made the enemy want to retreat. Cleansing is for more damage if they try hit you back. Let your partner last hit the creep but don't always let him as you need some too! If no-one is using the jungle around you, feel free to get the free xp from it. At level 7, you should be confident to harass as much as you can with Shine and Cleanse combo as it will be why you win the lane against whoever you are up against. If you ever reach Level 12, Smite + Evaporation + Cleansing would either kill your enemy or enough for your teammates to one hit it.

[​IMG]
    1 - 3 = Not much of a threat in this list
    4 - 6 = Getting difficult but can handle
    7 - 10 = Much carefulness on this hero

Debronee - Threat Level - 8/10 Careful. His skills can drain your mana very quickly if you use protection on him. To counter, try to get rid of his mana with evaporation, kiting him with it before you commit to him.

[​IMG]
    Anioah
    Threat Level - 2/10 It sucks with a mirror matchup. It sucks even more if you aren't better. Try to reduce her mana with Cleansing and Evaporation if she uses her protection.

[​IMG]
    Lut'Hiran
    Threat Level - 5/10 If he casts his ultimate and combos you, you will have a hard time. To counter, remove his mana and make him your target and priority to mana drain. He cannot cast his ult if he has no mana!

[​IMG]
    Kagax
    Threat Level - 7/10 Kagax has no mana, so you gotta know that Evaporation will cost actual mana and only provide a slow. To counter, try to use your ult when he thinks he will still has a good . But if he is smart, just slow him down with Evaporation (Cleansing too if you have Fername's Blade.)

[​IMG]
    Jombraa
    Threat Level - 8/10 No mana, natural resilience, health sustain and mobility, you must be careful against him. To counter just harass with cleansing as you can spam that more than he can sustain with his Ocular Torment.

[​IMG]
    Goroshia
    Threat Level - 6/10 Goroshia can burst you down very quickly if you don't have magical defense or your protection. To counter, Evaporate his mana follow up with Cleansing. If he doesn't have his ultimate go near him to Smite, being also careful for his Hurricane.

[​IMG]
    Evistix
    Threat Level - 9/10 With Evistix's rapid-fre attacks and resistant to slows (your only CC), his skill Gore costing no mana, heal and stun with damage reduction on his Bone Barrier, be very tactical on Evistix, you will need require some team work on trying to kill him. To counter, remove his mana (as well as damaging him with Cleansing and Smite,) so he cannot use his ultimate.

[​IMG]

Starting Items
    [​IMG][​IMG] or [​IMG][​IMG]

Core Items
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

End-game Iems
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Situational Items
    [​IMG] - With Searing Orb not giving HP anymore, you won't have as much hp as before. This item is relatively cheap and does a magical damage DoT aura. This complements Anioah for being melee, aggressive and giving both HP and mana.
    [​IMG] - This item now gives Cooldown Reduction along with magical attack and magical defense. This item is great for its cost and as tanky mage/support, you can help your team with silencing a key enemy.
    [​IMG] - Like the Cloak of Choking Words, this item gives Cooldown Reduction and is the counterpart. This item reduces the enemy's attack speed to 0.5 for 3 seconds, hopefully enough to shut them down.

Here are some tablets Anioah can use:

[​IMG]
    Assistance Tablet
    Ascension Requirement: 8 Order, 8 Chaos
    Ascension Effect: Decrease the Cooldown Time of "Teleport" by 36 seconds. The target you teleport to will receive a shield, absorbing damage equal to (100 + 10%% target's Max HP) at most. The target will be healed according to the remaining HP of the shield when you successfully Teleport. This effect cannot be triggered twice within 3 minutes or on buildings.
    'This can save allies and turn the tides in a chasing scenario or starting a team fight with.'

[​IMG]
    Elder Tablet
    Ascension Requirement
    : 12 Order, 4 Chaos
    Ascension Effect: Increases your Physical Defense by 12% of Magical Attack.
    'Anioah will be tankier as she raises her magical attack, which is great.'

[​IMG]
    Courage Tablet
    Ascension Requirement: 8 Order, 8 Chaos
    Ascension Effect: Upon being stunned or silenced, all damage received would be reduced by (15 + Your level) % for 5 seconds.
    'This can hopefully reduce your problems of being stunned and silenced. This makes Anioah tanky and sometimes make you live.'

[​IMG]
    Bloodlust Tablet
    Ascension Requirement: 10 Order, 6 Chaos
    Ascension Effect: Your hero's Physical and Magical Attack are increased by 3% for every hero (both ally and enemy) within 15 meters.
    'You are going to have team fights and since you're melee, you're going to be in the center, dishing a lot of damage with Smite and Cleansing.'

[​IMG]
    Merciful Words Tablet
    Ascension Requirement: 5 Order, 11 Chaos
    Ascension Effect: Each time you perform an assist, you will receive an extra 8% Gold and XP. Each time you slay an enemy or perform an assist, you will recover 8% HP and MP.
    'A very good support tablet for Anioah. With all the damage you will be dealing, a kill or assist can help you even more.'

[​IMG]
    Whispering Tablet
    Ascension Requirement
    : 10 Order, 6 Chaos
    Ascension Effect: Each time you use a skill, your Magical Attack and Physical Attack will be increased by 3% and MP cost of skills will be reduced by 3%. Effect can stack up to 5 times. If another skill is used when it reached its maximum capacity, then the effect resets to 0.
    'Mana costs being reduced as well as extra magical attack is no doubt what Anioah needs. Must have for mages imo.'

[​IMG]
    Desire Tablet
    Ascension Requirement
    : 11 Order, 5 Chaos
    Ascension Effect: Increases your your Physical and Magical Attack by 12.5% of the damage you receive. Can't be higher than 50. Lasts 5 seconds.
    'Extra damage.'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I want to thank:

Spacial and Isendir1 for the great pictures
    Inteeresting for some of his recommended item builds and the picture of Cleansing animation as well as persuading Andreaa for the buff
    O 3o just for his epicness
    DexterVist For expample pictures.

+1 These people!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Valhallax

Valhallax Active Member

RE: [Anioah] Josh's Guide to <Battle Mage>

Absolutely beautiful. I'm honestly speechless at how well of job you did Josh Everything is clean, it looks phenominal, and the builds and item selection are very on ar with the best builds i've used and seen myself. Kudos to you sir.

-Jeremy

3. Akise

Thank you :)

4. Simon95

Simon95 Member

Sucks.

Honestly, the design is pretty nice. Add goroshia to threats xD

5. Akise

Pshhhhh.

6. Isendir1

Isendir1 New Member

Finally someone posted a Support Guide! And a great and beautiful guide as well. Bravo!!

EDIT: IMO the third skill build is the weakest battle mage build. So when i realise her evaporation and cleansing deal high damages and she does not have aura to protect her, she will be the first to be targeted. :D

7. dudee46

dudee46 Member

Absolutely amazing guide! I love the color and font. By the way, how do you make that font? Is it just a font creator and you use the image? It's cool.

Great job!

8. Akise

@Insendir1,
    If they target Anioah, the carry gets more time to finish the one trying to kill Anioah. If a guardian partners with Anioah, they would have a time. Though, without Protection, it is pretty risky to stay in a lane and can get ganked. You may want to buy a ward and ward a bush to prevent any waiting ganks.

@dudee46,
    yes :) If you want the website, google cooltext.

9. inteeresting

inteeresting Active Member

C'est magnifique!

Also, I want you to add a picture I have for your guide just to emphasise the range of Cleansing lol. Ill post it now

10. inteeresting

Add this for emphasis :)

Oh and give my lovely mabarry3 credit because he helped me come up with the alternative build when him and I did a 1v1 some months back in February :)

Very good job my darling :heart: :D

11. Akise

I'm on my phone atm so I'll add it tomorrow but yeah, so far.
    (Everyone has Courtesan. So Jelly :p

12. Quang

Quang Active Member

I thought cd reduction doesn't stack.
    So boneflame CD+Fernames CD= No CD
    I still see the benefits like Mana and Magic damage just had to ask eh :D

13. Akise

They have fixed it. But will only give 20% of the Boneflame Wand's cooldown

14. inteeresting

Lovely guide darling ! :heart: :D

Although for your strategy guide part I don't think sacrificing sustain for damage is worth it ):

15. Akise

I do agree but I guess that strategy is for if you know that you can survive against your enemy laner(s).

16. Applejack

Applejack New Member

I play Anioah now with her elite! So far I'm very good with her! Once in her harlequin skin, I had 26 kills and 7 deaths. It's pretty good! :) the highest streak I've gotten with her currently is triple kill.

17. Akise

I guess you played Anioah as a magical carry, coolio :)

You can get a epic kill easily if you play Anioah as a clean up O: But I wouldn't recommend playing that kind of role as Anioah.

18. Elpotatoloco

Elpotatoloco New Member

Would you guys consider adding a hermits item build in her? I tried building it and it went absolutely perfect for my farming and chasing capability

19. Filipinobullet

Filipinobullet New Member

This is what I use since I rely more on cleansing and need the protection skill as soon as possible.
    And have 1 or 2 tank items if your tank is not around or not tanking at all.
    Otherwise, great build, great guide, great job.

To all you newcomers reading this, I beleive Anioah is one of the hardest heroes to master in the game, so it takes some practice to get everything down.

20. Akise

It's not recommended for my guide as you have to be close to utilize it great. Anioah's range on skills is a decent distance (even the radius on the ult is quite large.) but a free trade/harass using the far range is an advantage so I don't use it much. I'll give it some thought so cheers for some tip.