[Anioah] Josh's Guide to <Battle Mage> March 2015

Discussion in 'Support Guides' started by Akise, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Akise

Akise no longer Detective

RE: [Anioah] Josh's Guide to <Battle Mage>

At level 2, in my opinion is where your lane will be much easier to win as the damage you do at level two is too good for you to let down for a protection. With your harass, you shouldn't even take a heavy amount of damage and ganks aren't that good (assuming this is a random pvp) so there no real reason to abandon Evaporation for Protection.

2. Filipinobullet

Filipinobullet New Member

And if youre getting chased down by 2 enemies on your lane? What you gonna do now? Evaporation only does like 90 damage or something early game.

3. Akise

Why are you soloing a lane with two people on the same lane? Where's your ally? Why can they hit you and you can't hit back? Remember that it scales off current mana and at level 2, you'll be likely that you have 400-520 mana, making your damage better. If you're zoned out of lane, figure out why and try to solve it

Maybe lane swap to a 1v1 lane, or maybe let your team help you. What if you were chased down? How many times are you getting chased down specifically at level 2? How bizarre is that? .3.

4. Filipinobullet

Filipinobullet New Member

If your ally leaves because of low health? Its pretty common. If the enemies on your lane has a level 3 and a level 2 looking for first blood, while your team mate is getting something from the shop or just getting his/her health back up. And why are we arguing like it takes an hour to get to level 3?

5. Akise

If it's so easy to get to level 3, then there's no reason to get Protection over Evaporation, right? And what makes Anioah a better target than the rest of your team?

Let's settle; the skillbuild will vary depending on how the game goes. *relief*

6. O 3o

O 3o Member

Oh well... My level 1 Anioah deals 150 damage on enemy heroes :) and late game she can hit 1100 dmg with evap+cleanse late game...

Also, I build

Tempest
    Fernames
    Boneflame
    Rectitude
    Searing orb
    Searing orb/purity pendent/zealots horn

Purity pendent offers additional +4 mana and health regen which procs very well with Fernames and gives very high max mana and hp while has a active heal/dispel

I find that you can already permanently slow the target your after without using lollipop since Cd for evap is so short.

Not to mention, I always suggest buy bard potions... You'll regen so much mp... For me, I regen about 60+ mana per second *^*

7. dave1352346

dave1352346 New Member

What order do you build the items?

8. O 3o

O 3o Member

Btw skill builds, i usually go 1-2-1-3-1-4-1-2-4-2-2-4-3-3-3 which exactly the same as Josh's first skill build... I honestly don't know what Filipino bullet is blabbing on about getting skill 3 by level 2....

*battlemage will be harassing a lot!!! And she barely gets hit....
    *her harassing is so good and deals one of the highest bursts early game...
    *forces people to warp back to base due to low hp/mp...
    *she is one of the most strongest heroes at low levels... Which I guess most people don't realize...

I would start with 2 squires

Buy boots of haste

Start by purchasing items and finish Fernames

*you can harass much easier
    *Mana regen is exponentially higher(125% increased mana regen)
    *you can easily maintain slow on the target almost permanently
    *600 maximum mana

Then I would build ruby rings and upgrade 2 of those into brawlers laments(sometimes I build brawler laments before Fernames)

*increase mp( 210 bonus mana)
    *higher the max mp the higher the damage output
    * makes your hero tankier

Upgrade brawlers lament into rectitude and searing orb
    *leech
    *mdef pierce
    *base damage boost

Sapphire Amulet( you could buy this earlier)

*adds 8 mana per spell casted
    *adds 2 mana regen per second(procs well with Fernames)
    * offers a maximum of 580 mp

Finish to boneflame
    * increases Cd to 25%(no longer bugged with Fernames)
    *adds to base damage
    *increases mp 650 late game

Last item is situational

But I mostly build towards zealots horn

*adds 500 maximum hp
    *310 maximum mp
    *20% aspd increase
    *50 PDef

For boots, I build to tempest and for me.. Sometimes I leave it near the mid or later game

*with Fernames blade! I can easily keep up and slow anyone who has tempest boots permanently with just boots of haste

IMHO in a way, you can sort of compare a Mage built Reega using Fernames blade... His waterball cool down is 5 seconds.. And slows 40%.. He can easily continue catching and killing enemies by chasing them down with waterball spams.

Anioah is very similar in that aspect when she uses both cleanse and evaporation...

With Fernames, She can cast cleanse first, and catch up to get in range with evap and evap for more slows. Then Kmaintain slows with cleanse and evap continually

9. Akise

Update - Gave minor tips and and added 'Bloodlust Tablet' to the Tablet section.

@O 3o,

Yeah I totally agree.

10. woodlord4707

woodlord4707 Active Member

It's a nice guide. Sadly I don't have Anuir yet.

11. Akise

This is an Anioah guide not Anuir xD
    (though, I am currently trying a guide for her :3 )

12. Akise

Update: With the buffs, I included them. Further update will be soon (I pwomise c:)

13. NuttsAreAGamble

NuttsAreAGamble Member

ANIOAH GOT A BUFF YES.

Cleansing is the best.

14. kruziel

kruziel New Member

gaddington i have a question about my build since ive been using anioah alot for months. My build is very different from others but i do have 3 items that people might usually get for the battle mage but my build makes my anioah tank/carry/support at the same time.

Boneflame wand i get the pendant 1000g beginning of match because the mp increase is higher than the fermanes blade then i build this max after fermanes blade(before update i build this max because cds dunt stack so i rather want 20% than 15%)

Frost ring or whatever the last ring is called I get this item 2nd but first built up max because well i like tht passive and the amount of mana it gives you with the 10% cd. Now this item is new so this build i have is fairly new and im just testing it on players i see in randoms being pro or noob.

Fermanes blade i get this built up fully by the 4th or 3rd item i get. this item increase the mana regen and amount of mana i have. The slow down is really good too.

Searing Orb i always get this item last because well smite can take away 60% of the heroes's mag def so no need for this for other slots until the 6th for me atleast.

Hermatites cape Now i know people and you might question this hear me out, hermaties cape does damage every second about melee's range, but when you do smite that damage increases by like 25 or something and the 15 def to magical and phys can give your 75 total def to everything and not use mana shield alot. plus the cape gives you 200 something mana that adds to your damage. So total damage you do increase alot with also alittle more hp.

Now this item depends on enemies team, if they are all fighter get zealot horn, if they are all mages get valkryian robes, and if both then get farseering cloth or you could stick with the item tht gives both 60 mag def and phys def.

Now before update i didnt have to get farseering cloth i had both zealot and valkryian robe if they were both phys and mag but update changed with that new item and cd items can stack so i can go around alot with my items.

Now the only reason my build is like this because of people do not take advantage of anioah's skills passive. the 5% mana or 6% mana and the newly ult 20% damage increase based on current mana.This build gives me around 3100 mana or 420 more if you can use zealot horn or valkryian robes in the build. This amount of mana gives me alot of damage and be a tank with mana regen and amount of mana i have. I did not know that when shield is up i take full damage but that does not really matter because i know when to use my shield anyways. My skills may do more damage than what other builds do with magical attack increase items like arrogance cloak.My ult does 1,017 damage on a dragon without my build being completed i had boneflame wand, frost ring, fermanes blade, and zealot horn on.

Basically my build is just to be carry/support/tank and really carry the tram this way, any thoughts and play custom games but not the usual all fighters or something and elf just back door ones, i mean custom that you can test and stuff maby with a friend, before giving me negative comments on the build without trying for yourself. I alredy tried other builds i made with the battle mage but i think this newly one or the one before the update that i was using is better for being all three roles at the same and still do alot of damage and help your team with mag penetration with searing orb and ult combines to have a 90% mag penetration, def from hermaties cape while doing constant damage to enemies within melee range, and 15 def to all attributes with 50def to all with the farseering cloak or 60 def if you want that item for now, or depending on battles zealot horn or valkryian robes for 75 def. All the mana acquired with the items and then pots after having full build really makes this build dangerous to enemies and tend to think hitting fighter first or tank is priority over me and make the mistake that i am perhaps the most dangerous to be taken out fast because my mana regen is high about 50+ per sec, damage from skills are high, ult combined with skills increased damage, and hermaties cape keeps that constant damage to overall increase my dpm. I will end this here because i noticed how i explained alot but i just want some feedback on this build and people questioned about it i games and i came out to be the victorious one at the end because of either killing/tanking/helping them to that win. oh before i forget this this damage i have is based on my crappy inscriptions, whisper tablet, fireball tablet, and protection tablet( thinking of switching protection for serenity tablet need more mp regen *_*). My talents are 35 mage and 5 support for the movent speed and 35 in mage i dont have magic attack increase one and some begginning ones based on my build i guess you can figure which ones i got, but i might change the creep damage talents to mp regen talents in support cuz just did a 1v1 with my lil bro he has kotun and he has max inscriptions and phys def and mag def with hp increase, the way he plays his kotun with tank is hard for me to kill because my mana gets lost thru his attack and his passive shield just so annoying. Sorry for long post lol.

15. Akise

It's cool bro!

Anyhoo, I haven't fully updated the guide yet post-update so I haven't got to put the new builds and other strategies. Yes, Frost Ring is definitely up for the main build.

I only build searing orb for the stats it gives, as well as the good perk of having that extra pierce.

The passive awesome now (4 mana Regen is awesome c: )

We already had a chat with The fire cloak thing (Herm- idk.) and that's totally fine, but I prefer not to get close and just burst/harass the enemy from a range. If being close up and dealing havoc their is your play style, I don't judge c:

Also (as lazy as I am) I didn't put my talent page yet lol. I think I'm going to do that after a few minutes after this post c: I don't do 35/5 mage/support because I want Surprise +Team work Pays as some of my talents in support since all you need to do is just use your aoe + evaporation to get tons of assists and kills.

Well, mid-end game, you're gunna have 2000+ mana from items and can burst anyone quite easily. With a lot of tank items, sure, your 20% of current mana is stronger but since the scalings are pretty mediocre, there should be damage there too!

16. kruziel

kruziel New Member

Thats the thing im not always up close and personal im more like evaporation range and cleansing range to dull down their hp and if they engage thats when i burst with my ult and everything. Since my cd from items are 45% i can use my two attacking moves pretty quick every 5 secs. Since i use fireball tablet, the fireball lvl 2 really hurts and use it with your skills and ult, is overkill. The damage items ones with magical attack i tried already, the same ones i made with other mages, mystic, goroshia, vigelos, and elemental lord, its just not enough compared to my almost pure mana damage, if you actually try it, you will see damage from skills is high and can just kill people pretty easy, well except non mana users but i have diff build based on them 1v1s... I tend to keep my mana high and since my def is high already i do not have to use shield alot or when i do regen mana quick but not enough compared to my bro that hits about 200 on me with his kotun and im regen about 1/4 of that with mana and his cape is constantly hurting anyways, im trying to finally fix my inscriptions for the first time and say i have completed my inscriptions and have serenity for more increased mp regen, i just want my mp regen to actually reach almost 200 atleast so when i face my bro i actually have a chance of killing him and not having both of us hitting each other and not dying until one of us goes back to heal while other just follows and tries to kill him before he does.

17. huynhthoaianh

huynhthoaianh New Member

How about tablets,talent?

18. Orderthechaos2

Orderthechaos2 Active Member

Thanks for the guide. Very well made.

I played my first game yesterday since the buff in Rift, and let me start off by saying "Wow." She might be my next hero to master. I do have some questions though since I am new to her.

I saw you had 3 different skill sequencing but I feel like there is possibly a 4th? I tried: 2-3-1-2-2-4-2-1-4-1-1-4-3-3-3. What are your thoughts?

Have you tried the new mana regen items on her?

With the slow cast time of her ult, im assuming just getting closest to your target is best? Nuke target or use as a form of CC?

Thanks,

OTC

19. O 3o

O 3o Member

I don't need boneflame+fernames combo anymore...

I replace boneflame with storm cloak.

My itemization now consists of this

Tempest
    Fernames/boneflame
    Arrogance cloak
    Searing orb
    Rectitude
    Storm cloak

tablets i use is : desecration, elder, and rage
    inscriptions I use is: gold magic pierce and gold cooldown inscriptions.

*cd for cleanse/evap is now 5 seconds for me with Fernames blade alone...(lowest cooldown you can get for cleanse and evap)

*can deal 1100-1200 every 5 seconds using either fernames or boneflame

* this skill rotation: *Smite>Activate Storm Cloak* automatically will destroy 2/3(with mdef) to 4/5(without and mdef) of enemy's max hp...
    -Smite Procs Storm cloak with additional 60% mdef reduction
    -Arrogance cloak, Searing Orb, mdef pierce inscriptions
    And talents proc Storm Cloak
    -matk further increases damage dealt with storm cloak
    -one of the heaviest hitting skills in the game if used correctly

Storm cloak is a huge game changer and allows battlemage to turn the tides in team fights

She now can be played a bit more competitively in Pvp with this build

This screen shot shows my build's damage potential with smite+storm cloak by itself...sorry for the bad crop job

20. IonWar

IonWar New Member

Wow impressive O 3o, really nice ideas there and what a damage!