[Anioah] Josh's Guide to <Battle Mage> March 2015

Discussion in 'Support Guides' started by Akise, Apr 8, 2014.

1. DemonHunter

DemonHunter Member

RE: [Anioah] Josh's Guide to <Battle Mage>

Hey Gaddington! Very nice guide, +1 to you. Helped me a lot with my new Anioah :)

There's just one strange thing in the "Threats"-Section: Evistix DOES have mana, you say he doesn't. Just a little advice :)

2. Akise

Akise no longer Detective

RE: [Anioah] Josh's Guide to <Battle Mage>

Update! Sheesh it took me this long to update it lol. I am lazy :c

- I completely removed skill build 3 because her passive/active is very useful in all stages in the game
    now
    - Changed item build (welcome Frost Ring, goodbye Saithon Lollipop)
    - I worked on some of the strategies...
    - Hopefully I can update it again to make it better.

3. Akise

RE: [Anioah] Josh's Guide to <Battle Mage> December 2014

Just an update:

-Added 'Star Mage' skin and pictures

- Added more examples for skills. (Credit: DexterVist for benevolently giving me pictures!)

- Will add more after update!

(Please rate all guides with the star rating. It helps all looking for guides, and the creator of the guides!)

4. CastroLeBoy

CastroLeBoy New Member

IMO Lebmont should be added to threats, because of his 2nd skill in combination with his ult. Mid/late game it will complitely destroy your mana pool due to the over 800 damage it can atchieve + 20% extra damage from ult ( if you have your mana shield on )

5. Akise

I can burst him quicker ;)

I don't think he is a problem as he'll probably focus on fighters more than you.

6. DexterVist

DexterVist Active Member

You should try this build out in 10k Lv 15 games maybe Akise for fun - Distraction Annoih

Amulet of second chances
    Frost Ring
    Defensive item / cool down reduction
    Purifying pendant
    Helm of divine favour
    Fernanes blade

Immortality for 3s, amulet for when health depleted, then activate mana shield, purifying pendant for heal, mana shield rinse and repeat

7. Akise

Stop spelling Anioah wrong!xD

That sounds really funny! I'll try it :)

8. Spacial

Spacial Dragon Legend

You wouldn't believe what I saw today. o_O

I saw Anioah one hit kill a Lebmont with full health with only with her ultimate. o_O Am I seeing things?

WOW. I must try this hero again when she's free.

9. skaternik_

skaternik_ Member

Hey,

what inscriptions you use?
    and what are the start items you buy, 2 Squires?(i personally buy boots, the 450 mana think, and 2 regen crystals, but saw some good battle mages with Squires at start)

10. Akise

Yes Anioah can potentially burst a squishy only with her ult
    Of course I recommend you playing Anioah :)

I do buy 2 squires first.

For inscriptions, I'm not pro enough (and not rich enough lol in emblems) to be bothered. I use though Hp, pierce, defense, cooldown. Or at least along those lines. I will update the guide again and revisit the item build to make it better

11. skaternik_

skaternik_ Member

Thank you =)

i have atm all inscriptions on mana+ CD. But i want to Change all his Gold insc. for fx HP or something. BTW Redemption Tablet is also very nice to use as lane- u can Farm lane and never run out of mana ( with the right build)

12. DexterVist

DexterVist Active Member

Anioah's skill damage scales off her maximum mana for her 1 and 2nd skill Magical damage doesn't always equate to higher damage unless you are trying auto attack orientated battle Mage

Squires energy is what I preferably build or its an option or
    Squires wisdom and energy.

13. actinomycetemcomitans

actinomycetemcomitans Well-Known Member

I played her a lot, my main build would be like tempest, fername, boneflame, zhelot, valkyrian and then depends. You will support your team better, got less damage but more mp, which is better with her. Mp regen from fername+boneflame is far enough imho

Good guide :)

14. Akise

You can replace Spider Queen for Zealot's Horn or the Valkyrian Robes because it is pretty much situational. To remain tanky, you can instead replace Frost Ring for the items you need to win.

(oh and thanks :) )

15. DexterVist

DexterVist Active Member

Perhaps add blessed braces to her counter list? Since they burn through mp x level and on a high dps carrier can shred down her shield if Anioah is caught off guard but She can equally turn the fight around with her burst ik :)

16. Akise

I don't think bracers is worth anymore (except on Dailiana, I suppose.) to a fighter so they probably won't buy it.

17. Bgammax

Bgammax New Member

If you wanted to build her with more of a late-game focus you could replace the CDR talents for mana or magic attack to get the CDR from Fername's and Frost Ring. Maybe add this as an alternate talent set? Similarly you could add an alternate skill build where you balance leveling Cleansing and evaporation so you willbe able to use the combo more when you poke.

18. Akise

Again, I'm not pro enough to be bothered with inscriptions. sowwy.

I'll try the alternate skill build - it sounds good.

19. Akise

Please rate DexterVist +1 for helping me add things to this guide if you haven't already. ty.

Updated 29/12/14:

-Revisited the 'Threats' section to make it look better and ways to counter. Ty DexterVist for pictures
    -Other stuff
    -Promise Item Build soon when I have time.

20. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

I would make some minor changes to this guide.

1. Removing hades armor completely from your suggestions. The passive doesn't work when your mana shield is on, and without the reflection, it's not nearly as useful as zealots horn. And lets face it, once you're getting attacked without the shield on, you've got enough sustain as an ant against a shoe, so it's not going to make the passive do much before you're dead.

2. Consider adding hermatist cloak to your alternative items. For me, this is part of my main item build if I'm against melee heroes, and here's why. Melee heroes attacking your carries means that you should be near the front mana tanking as well as providing the damage support. Auto attacks (now amped up with boneflame) burst damage, and hermatist passive will provide a fantastic magic damage boost. It might not be necessary for your play style though, as some people prefer playing cautiously and strictly for harassment.

3. Put firewalker boots as another possible item as it is popular for its magic attack boost (good for mid game) and a slight addition to your auto attacks. Reasons are the same for #2.

4. I would not consider paladin a threat anymore than most fighters. In fact, his mana consumption and reliance means you have a huge advantage. Paladin can't stun so he relies purely on damage of auto attacks and rush, but with proper builds mid to late game, you can easily sustain his combo, outrun him, and consistently chase and burst till he dies. Another important thing to know is that when paladin pops his ulti, you can still drain mana with evaporation. You won't do damage, but the mana disappears, which is far more important against paladin, or any guardian that uses mana for that matter.

5. Adding horse as an intermediate threat. Why? Cause if he ulti rushes and silences you while you're off gaurd without your shield on, that'll be enough time for the gank to become a kill. Easy to avoid, hard to predict. This is more if the team is coordinated enough to do this, but most teams with horse know when to kill, and you're no exception.