Any news on a possible windows HOC update.

Discussion in 'General' started by mikesmight1234, Apr 8, 2015.

1. mikesmight1234

mikesmight1234 Active Member

Hey all, im mike from the windows community (all of you will be like "didn't know HOC was on windows :z). As some of you may know all of us on windows are stuck at patch 1.6.1 That means that we are using the old UI and our newest hero is kotun (in his non op version).

It is almost getting close to the end of my first year of playing HOC, and the last time we even had a minor update was in March 2014.
    Now the general HOC community is growing rapidly as is the windows community. When I first started playing 7th May 2014 it took around 5min for me to get a rift game in on fast matchmaking, now as of April 2015 it tales me around 2min to get a rift game in on strict matchmaking.

I am very pleased the community has grown to such an extent(despite having no update) and still continues to grow to this very day. Heck we have 3 windows streamers (one of whom has over 120 followers), we've had a tournament streamed and uploaded by myfitegre and a dedicated HOC replay uploading website (hocreplayers) and to finish off we have a chatrrom for windows players with over 70members on wechat (was 36 when I joined last September, pm if you want to join). Surely a community large and developed enough deserves some sort of attention from Gameloft.

Now to my main point, if anyone from Gameloft or anyone in contact with Gameloft can ask for some news regarding an update and inform me I will be in ur debt. We are all desperate of an update ( for April fools someone faked gameloft messaging us saying we have been updated, ), a few people are beginning to leave due to screen bugs and no attention from gameloft Il attach some screenshots.

Please if anyone cares for the HOC community ask gameloft for an update because this cant go on for much longer.

Thank you
    mike WeChatImage635641128990565105.jpg WeChatImage635641129292648737.jpg WeChatImage635641128990565105.jpg WeChatImage635641129292648737.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Roluck, bombbug and Ares like this.
  2. Astolleon

Astolleon Active Member

Damn thats broken bad.
    Will be difficult to tell when, we dont even know when they will do it for the iOS version.

3. Saint7502

Saint7502 Well-Known Member

Gameloft: wait what was that you guys still exist? Sorry we are currently thinking of how to make more op heroes with better stun chains then draeznor,maybe 5 more months and we'll add a new skin for u guys. But if you want to have a good hoc experience buy a 500 dollar apple product.

I feel so bad for you windows players you guys have it worst then android and android has it bad and I mean really bad.

bombbug and Ares like this.
  4. mikesmight1234

That made me laugh, thanks for your support. It means alot to me.

5. Saint7502

Saint7502 Well-Known Member

Np :D

donmonkey44 likes this.
  6. thekingchris95

thekingchris95 Active Member

Game loft stop creating new games and start fixing the ones u already have please seriously game loft releases a new game each weak...

7. telescopefish

telescopefish Member

I feel really sorry for that we have stopped to update the windows phone version. I hope someday we can start to update it again. I was not responsible for Windows Phone development but I was sad when I heard the news as well.

8. Chyox

Chyox Master of Memes & Funmode Fanatic Staff Member

So they really put the windows version on ice? That's similar bad to what happened to the kindle fire version. Could GL not at least announce things like these instead of letting people wonder what's going on for months?

Ares likes this.
  9. Marcosegs

Marcosegs Well-Known Member

This makes me feel bad.

Being honest, Windows is not a priority for Gameloft and you canĀ“t expect a radical change in the near future, and even if they updated game will be still outdated, so, in my opinion, you should buy a cheap Android device (played for 2 years on a Galaxy s3 Mini, LOL) and forget about Windows.

I can feel how much you enjoy playing HOC but the future on Windows is uncertain, and you are losing a lot of cool things about "The renovated HOC"

10. mikesmight1234

Were not expecting a radical change at all, all we want is at least one update mostly because the game is getting boring for some people (not me) and almost all heroes and tablets HAVE to be bought with runes.

The last point is kind of comical in my opinion, gameloft doesn't want to support players who spend alot more money on this game compared to other platforms.

Ares likes this.
  11. Ares

Ares Active Member

I feel so bad for you guys I'm speechless. They knew the development has been put on Ice for months now and didn't think it might be a good idea to let the windows community know this is happening, are you kidding me? As well as having majority of the Heroes and Tablets cost real money, absolutely sad how they did you windows users. They should've told you guys the situation and then gave every Windows User a dam refund. It's things like this that make me wonder if GL releases new content with bugs on purpose just to make a quick buck!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  12. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

True that the update timescales suck for windows.
    And i dont think players should be forced to buy a new device because the company dont want to accommodate all players.

I watched somebody playing on the windows version, it looked quite hard to play certain heroes.
    I know ant is very popular on windows because its easier to use him with a mouse that to drag skills and tap skills to explodes ants.

@mikesmight1234 Update. Somebody from gameloft will be along later today to update the windows community on this thread. There is also a thread by Ryan, who is a great chap and a massive influence in the HOC Section of gameloft. He's regular on this thread and its quite probably you havent seen this so im going to send you this too.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...3-gameloft-ryans-massive-gameloft-thread.html

Ares likes this.
  13. Merbal

Merbal Member

Android version crashes a lot, Windows version frozen?
    Result? Buy iOS or search new mobile MOBA...:sorry:

14. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

Cant fault this comment either.

15. Endymio

Endymio Tanky

For them to leave Windows platform hanging like this is just embarrassing. If I were a Windows player I would be irate! If they want to abandon windows for whatever reason, sure, but if you're still accepting money from those players you have a responsibility to leave if in better shape than THAT!

16. mikesmight1234

Thank you for letting GL know and for showing me Ryan's thread. We have been in contact with him many times before and we got this respond "Give me a couple of weeks and Il let you know" and "our windows department is reorganizing". Well it may not be gold but its better than nothing Also the player you saw might have been insigh on twitch. Playing with mouse does give us more control with skill shots but for single targets its sometimes a pain (in my opinion). Also ant does seem to be more popular but our meta is filled with single target heroes as is yours.

@Endymio thank you for your words of support. It feels good that we have support from the community

@Ares they were planning to gradually get everything accessible by emblems but they suddenly stopped (yet some of the most op heroes in our version (Mr inquisitor) are able to be bought with emblems,yey).

There are alot of people who can't wait for a gameloft employee to come to this thread.

17. mikesmight1234

Were still waiting for a person from gameloft to update us on this thread.

18. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

me to man :( not sure why he didn't reply. Sorry about that.. I'll ask again as soon as I'm home.

19. GameloftRyan

GameloftRyan New Member

Hi all - I apologize for the delay in visiting the thread. I wanted to try and get a response from our Windows Team before I came and posted anything. Since they are on different time zones it created for a longer delay than I originally anticipated.

I've flagged the issue above with our Windows Team and let them know that this NEEDS to be fixed. Regardless of updates, if the game isn't playable we need to do something about it. I have received confirmation from the Windows Team Lead that they will work on addressing this issue.

Now regarding the updates: If you have checked out my Windows Central thread I touch on it there, but if you haven't no big deal! I'll talk about it briefly now. We are currently trying to figure out how we can best use our Windows team and resources to get new releases AND updates out for games on the platform. While this is going on, game updates have been delayed or unfortunately put on hold. This does not mean that we are no longer supporting games on the platform, it just means that the team is shifting around, we are bringing new people in, etc. to do our best to service players on the Windows platform.

As the talks continue, I'll do my best to update that Windows Central thread with what's going on. I know that several members on this message board are able to communicate with either myself or the HOC Game Community Manager, so between the two of us we should be able to share information when it becomes available.

On behalf of Gameloft, I am very sorry that HOC has these issues and please keep me in the loop so I can make sure the Windows Team fixes this problem. If you need to get a hold of me one of the best ways to do so is by messaging me on Twitter: @HiImRyanC

Andreea and Redmanc like this.
  20. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

Thank you Ryan for voicing Gameloft's status on this topic.