Better Cooldown items

Discussion in 'Nerfs and Buffs' started by Noir, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Noir

Noir Active Member

One of the major flaws I currently find in the game, and part of why I think the popularity of mages have dwindled, is due to the title above.

Basically, good CD items for Mages are very hard to find nowadays, with the exception of Frost Ring and Stirring Soul of the Dragons. The latter is currently a very unhealthy item that is usable on...pretty much everything, really, as it provides an absurd amount of tankiness while providing a really steep damage boost as well. Personally, while the HP can stay, the passive needs to be removed; granted, you could give this Essence Stealer's old passive that personally is nerfed to pretty much a very niche item now (the buff and CD is good, and the passive helps with heavy healers like Helmm, but very situational), whereas the additional movement speed really helped tanks do their job and catch up to things. At least, that's what I'd recommend.

What I really want to see, though, is Helm of Divine Favor getting CD reduction and better stats. While this item is very useful for mages to handle desperate situations, it's frowned upon for its unappealing stats and long CD, so give it better stats, such as better Defense boosts. I'll repeat this again; Buff this item, with CD being mandatory. I don't care if this makes it more expensive, it's an item I'd definitely buy if it had those stats, and maybe Fighters won't be as dominant as before anymore; it could even manage to balance currently stupid/misunderstood threats such as Debronee (he's "balanced", but Intensify still has its issues in a truly healthy meta), Lu YunFei, Draeznor, and a lot more. This personally would make Mages much, much more viable, and something that Fighters need to watch out for before using their skills anymore.

People desperate for CD are randomly running Nymph's Relic even though they only benefit from the 5% MS passive, which is something that's really starting to make me cringe. Why give an item that only benefits healers the most CD? We only have like, Scoundrel, Goblin, Helm and to a lesser extent Kirasath that helps with all this at the moment, and even then I've found a combination of other CD items more useful on the lattermost, as well as with many other mages. I miss the old Boneflame Wand. Mages are supposed to optimize their CD, but the current state of the metagame displays mages really compromising it, leaving only the innate low CD, cancerous heroes such as Melina and to a lesser extent Equeilla (bar ult) being on par with how the meta currently is.

While I'm at it, I miss Fername's Blade actually being good, too. 40% Speed might have killed it in the past, but I think the slow needs a buff, if not the innate stats in general; giving it MA particularly would make it appeal, and even the old 150% Mana Regen can help with more mana hungry mages.

Respecting the fact that there are a few other items like Cloak of Choking Words and Essence of the Labulan that provide CD, little of these items are actually useful on mages. Give us this buff and maybe we can expect to see a much better meta where Fighters aren't that dominant anymore.

#BuffHelmmofDivine
    #ZhonyasHourglassReminiscent

2. rivercrow19

rivercrow19 Anti-mod

whatdo u mean choking words and lebulan arent helpful? u can go with a pseudo bruiser build using those two items and spider queens after that u can uss the holy 110 trinity to do insane damage while having that low cd

3. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

Ur right & he is right , u r right because the items u r talking about r only for bruiers but what about glass canon mages ? They had bone flame in the past but now only ssod which is only 10% cd , less 15% than boneflame
    Mages r disadvantaged in the current meta due to fighters items & scaling , half of the mages r not viable in high ranks /:
    I actually really miss the old boneflame & fermans (srsly why they nerfed it -.- )

4. Saint7502

Saint7502 Well-Known Member

Nymph's relic is a very good item first because of the mana,mana regen, hp and CDR all of that is good for mages and the 8% heal increase effects your allies to and applies to leech and harvest so the item very helpful and you shouldn't cringe when you see mages with it because it is one of the best items right now. Helm of divine favor doesn't need a buff right now because it has a good unique and nice stats. The only mage items that do need buffs are Boneflame and Fernames, the other items are fine.

5. TheDarkSoul117

TheDarkSoul117 Well-Known Member

I think I have to disagree. While the extra mana may be helpful early-mid game, once you hit late game the only good thing from this is the hp and cdr.

The 8% heal may help, but since your support will already have bought this item and since passives don't stack it is wasted.

Tldr: only decent thing about nymphs relic for a mage is hp and cdr, the mana and heal buff is wasted.

6. Saint7502

Well with acridix and fox I need it so it is perfect for my builds (I spam my skills a lot). It shouldn't just be built on every mage but it is a good item and some really do need it.

7. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

All the items that needed CD items got it removed, and all the items that didn't need it.

Essence Stealer and SSoD? Now fighters have 30% CD. I never build frost ring because half my mages have so much max HP, that I don't even need it. Boneflame should have that 20% CD again, or at least 15%.

Fernames needs its original stats back. Ridiculous how they nerfed it.

8. Saint7502

SSOD always had the 10% CDR and it isn't exclusive to fighters, mages can build it to. Essence Stealer's CDR does need to be removed though.

9. Crystallancer

Crystallancer Member

I agree there are plenty enough useful cd items for fighters and tanks (tanks should have cd reductions to be more viable) however I think in any Mage build I don't have any CD reduction items the blade was an importance piece to my build before now not as much. I think they nerfed tho cause fox. Giving it to fox made him have a spam able slow and heal with reduced c d. Yhea I could buy cd items but I can't see how some of those items even benefit compared to other items (except for the cd part) old mages are kind of more in the dust

10. Herald_of_xotli

Herald_of_xotli Active Member

back to the real question, what mages are you trying to use cd reduction on, because only some are useful with cd reduction while others are great without it because they are burst mages.

11. tacticianx

tacticianx Active Member

yea i dont get the logic of why they like giving auto atkers so many benefits.
    cd was unique to magic classes, now every class can get it
    crit on mage items isnt happening, they do get auto atk spd but suffer the 50% atk debuff from items.

you would think mages have advantage over fighters with using skills be it cd, scaling, mana, but nop only cc

12. Lachie95

Lachie95 Forum Lurker

Even with CC, fighters have advantage. Evistix & Draeznor being able to stun lock with their ults, Lu has an amazing push from his ult, Aria & her 2 second root...
    Mages on the other hand are mainly slows & silence. They have the advantage of AOE CC vs the single-target CC of most meta fighters.

13. tacticianx

tacticianx Active Member

CC is crowd control, single doesnt make a crowd, but yes they have so many bs stuns that even supports/tanks and also have an item they can build to help with that too:arghh:. And fernames that only provided slow got nerfed while divinity is still the same...