Complete Item Changelog (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Setting_Suns, Dec 15, 2015.

1. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

"May affect her midgame"? The update is likely a BIG nerf to my dailiana midgame (which is her strongest time obviously)

2. Roluck

Roluck Active Member

All heroes without aoe will suffer the increased price of hermetist. And more now that creeps supposed to be stronger

3. realturkey

realturkey Well-Known Member

2 cs ok np

4. Noir

Noir Active Member

The game for the most part has leaned towards a lack of efficient early game grabs and secondary trinket items, but much more rewarding late-game itemizations. So while you won't get stuff like Hermetist's Cape or Dull Vine Shield as early as before and with Bracers passive shifted to the latter, Dailiana's late game is inevitably much better than it was before due to the better late-game stats her items give. You gotta admit that despite Ripper's and Bracer's effects, the innate stats they give are nothing short of piss poor, yet Dailiana still thrived with them. Now with a raw 75 PA on Ripper's passive on Reaper's Glove and the new Dull Vine, she'll deal more damage than before, so it's a more significant buff to her overall more than anything, especially considering how terribly nerfed defensive items have grown to be. It's just a punishment to the amount she needs to farm for her power spikes.

Of course, buffing Divinity's Sword's Harvest to 15% was a terrible idea, as it means Fighter sustain making Hades useless is pretty much back on again with the right stuff with you.

5. Zorqx

Zorqx Active Member

Bloodpouch gives 180 hp so farming 100 gold to get back and get another squire's item seems not only ineffiecient but also unecessary. I agree that the new normal will be variations of 450 550 and 500 500 starting items. You can save 250 gold and accelerate your build so logically double squires is no longer optimal. The extra 20 hp and damage quickly fall off and won't help much when dueling an opponent with an early game item over you since they are essentially 550 gold ahead of you into their build.

6. meteorologist

Her late game may be slightly better. Too bad she won't be fed when she gets there. And too bad dot sucks late game.

And no I don't have to admit that at all because it's not true. The ripper and bracers were extremely good items on her. They were good even on other heroes but the problem is they are mid game items and are easily outshined late game

7. Noir

Noir Active Member

Well, to be fair, Ripper isn't gone yet, but with Reaper's Glove now upgradable from it, Dailiana gets much more PA instead of getting stuck with a 1500 item that gives some pretty meh stats other than the passive for throughout the game. That said, Dailiana doesn't compromise the disadvantage of using bad stat items for the sake of their passives when they have upgrades to better ones. I know Ripper and Bracers were never bad on Dailiana, that's not what I'm trying to say, but those items before this update had bad stats apart from their passives. I don't get what you don't understand about wasting an item slot for 15% Attack Speed and meh PA if not for the passive effects they give. Now, instead of getting stuck with Ripper the entire game, Reaper's Glove can be built from it mid-late, meaning you're not stuck with an item that gives pretty low stats in low PA and 15% Attack Speed. Even now, Reaper's Glove Bleed is stronger than the Ripper's Bleed.

That said, Dailiana will have more PA, and an extra slot for another item since she doesn't need the hassle to buy Bracers anymore when Dull Vine Shield has it's passive, with a stronger bleed than the Ripper.

Are you telling me that the Bracers back in the day with 250 HP and meh +25 Physical Attack was a good item if not for the passive? The only other guy that I can think of that actually benefits efficiently from it's effects is Evistix. I'm just saying that Reaper's Glove Bleed and Dull Vine Shield were improvements to her mid-late game kit, since it means she doesn't have two slots with bad PA/HP/Attack Speed yields or whatever just for the sake of their passives. Now she has those passives with way better stats and a free item slot from the old build.

Dailiana was good even when Ripper was still 1500 and was bad and Bracers was still the meh 250 Bracers. With huge upgrades to both of these effects and their stats in Reaper's Glove and Dual Vine Shield, this is very a obvious buff if anything. The admit sentence was a testament to how Dailiana could still utilize those otherwise untouched items due to how they synergize, but now Dailiana does so with much greater benefits than the original Ripper/Bracers.

More expensive itemization hurts her, yes. But the rewards are way better now.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    gebo1308 likes this.
  8. OP Battle Mage

OP Battle Mage I am a hore

The price for face breaker and silver spear barely changed at all.

9. OP Battle Mage

Some of the stats for items don't make sense on this list.
    For example, cloak of the dragons blood gives 10% CDR but when you get Helm of Divine Favor the CDR is removed.
    You can get 10% critical rate from Akhan Saber out of no where.
    And what's the point of giving Akhan Cutlass +15 physical attack.

meteorologist likes this.
  10. Noir

Noir Active Member

I mean, that's what they're doing and I hella don't know why. Stuff like Arrogance Cloak from Titan's Ring giving 10% CDR suffer that too.

meteorologist likes this.
  11. OP Battle Mage

Even Hades armour removes 10% CDR. They shouldn't have released the update too early.

12. OP Battle Mage

I think it is because they are trying to make final items like Longbow of Shadows have the same stats.
    They shouldn't have deleted staff of exaltation because I always use that early game for Anioah.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  13. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

Are you telling me that the Bracers back in the day with 250 HP and meh +25 Physical Attack was a good item if not for the passive?

Bracers never had +25 physical attack m8. 90 or 30.

14. meteorologist

Idk why you divorce items from their passives and try to evaluate them that way but its irksome.

Also Reapers glove is not THAT good on dailiana. Yes it's an upgrade on ripper but it's not like "ripper was fantastic on dailiana so Reapers makes her GOD". As we know, her passive drops off enormously when applied to more powerful items

Levesqmi likes this.
  15. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

That is totally right. Reapers is valued upgrade path to the interesting ripper. But it's buff on the passive does not make this item in the top DPS build at all (even including the passive damage). This is a single target item for single target heroes that is a trade between pure DPS and dot dmg, be useful in laning stage and falling off late game.

To make Reaper even more ingesting, ensure to have Jade axe/bow for piercing enemy Defense.