Cruel intentions (Kortav)

Discussion in 'Nerfs and Buffs' started by Jaye, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Average Player

Average Player Da Sassy Owls

That moment when you ult a vilegos clone and main vilegos gets away

2. joppiseni

joppiseni Active Member

That depends on the map, trains is his best map as he has a lot of places to hide, and if your enemies buy defence you are screwed without help.
    Yes he can one-shot people if they build glasscannon with no defence, but he is so god damn slow that he needs boots to land a hit after teleporting to a moving enemy.

3. joppiseni

joppiseni Active Member

Well that depends, if you are getting chased by someone who is low and has no farseeing, you can use your ult and find a position he is going to move to, and activate it again to deal some burst dmg, in addition to your 1st skill possibly being ready to use to finish the job.

4. joppiseni

joppiseni Active Member

What about the god damn useless passive, @Akise come have a lookie here, lets try and refresh that idea of yours

Otherwise a good idea, it can be used as an offensive or a defensive tool, but he still needs a passive early game, he needs passive pierce/defence reduction to work as an assasin as he is melee and needs to build some defence too, that pierce/defence reduction would act as a built in longbow or jade axe.
    Pierce/defence reduction would make sure that his skills and basic attacks do some damage to heroes who buy defence.

5. joppiseni

joppiseni Active Member

In addition his base movement speed should be a bit higher AND his attack speed as well, its so slow, just cutting down the animation times on his skills and basic attacks would buff him quite a bit

6. ✫✫™

✫✫™ ZIPB0YZ!

Honestly just his skill animations could be faster (1st skill mostly) because I sometimes get the unfortunate 'sweetspot' of his 1st skill because it's so slow and I appear behind the target IN HIS BASE. However, there are some cool things about Kortav some people don't know.

1) His 1st skill increases his movement speed while he is invisible. (NOTE: Using his Ulti will eliminate this increase).
    2) Guardian Talent and healing Tablets make Kortav survive longer.
    3) Farseeing Tonic doesn't ruin Kortav completely. He can do the "Scout Ahead Combo" by using his Ulti, 1st, (2nd) and 3rd skills in succession; followed by the decoy swap with his Ulti (this works best if he has extra mana and good CDTR.)
    4) You can TROLL with him! :)

*Take good note that only Kortav's Ulti Decoy Swap (second tap) will overprioritize Debronee's Intensify, so I recommend not 1v1 against a Debronee (even when building tank). Kortav's skills also have poor priority too so be careful when you play him!

~SerperiorSwag

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Golden_Times likes this.
  7. atmsx

atmsx Member

I realize i'm a bit late to this thread but Kortav is one of my favorite heroes to use so I thought i'd leave my thoughts here.

Kortav's first skill is literally instant. There is no animation time, simply your network speed and how fast you can tap on the screen. Having a high performance device with low ping times will allow you to burst squishy targets with ease. Low health targets can be killed with just one second from ult, decoy, claw, ult. It doesn't matter if the target is in the middle of their group if they can't react to you in time. Additionally, you can combine the speedboost of the first skill with the soulsteal tablet to be extra speedy. You can cover a far larger distance with this than the actual skill range itself.

When you ult, the decoy you leave behind can get destroyed. But you can always ult back to that location and do damage regardless of whether or not the decoy is alive as long as the timer to switch is not expired.

You can dodge debronees intensify. If you time your decoy between the intensify attacks to get away. A debronee with far seeing can still be dodged.

The ult passive is largely useless but in extended fights and backdooring, it gives you the needed sustain to keep harassing and running away as long as you have mana.

People with farseeing are harder to trick. But they also tend to spam the attack button rather than manual move their hero to you since you are so sporadic in location. Kortav's ult and 1st skill blinks are instant casts. you can easily force carries out of position by ulting, decoying to a different direction, and then ulting back to original location which will make the carry run around to directions he did not intend. Not a big game breaker, but might be just enough for a teammate to get in range and engage safely. If you practice trolling people, you might find some useful scenarios of dragging people out of position who are unintentially chasing you.

I don't bother building kortav for survivability. Its all about alpha damage output. His fast mobility and scouting effect lets him jungle well as well as get early kills to snowball. In late game, he becomes more of a utility hero. His rend of 2.5 seconds at max level will be your biggest game changer in late stage.

Unlike other heroes, armor isn't as important to kortav since kortav has all the mobility in the world to decide how he wants to fight, when he wants to fight, the ability to dodge most of hero skills and come back to safety whenever he wants. If you have the skills that is, to capitalize on it.

✫✫™ likes this.