Demo Tablet. Why and Why not.

Discussion in 'General' started by starzar, Aug 10, 2017.

1. starzar

starzar Member

Why:
    One of your two precious skill, Demolishment, can still be useful after you done jungling to do dmg to enemy Heroes.

Why not:
    In a competitive game, team should have at least 2 jungling tanks that use Demo skill. I do see in some game, a fighter (Deb, Qiu, …) or mage (Kurz, Horse, …) uses Demo skill. But this is usually in noob games where there are not enough tank or tanks too noob and don’t jungle.
    As a tank, Demo tab has no additional benefit on jungle so it is mostly useless until level 6 unless you are in team fight early game. After 6, Demo tab does 25% of original dmg to one hero every 40 seconds. And most people use it as last hit to get the kill.
    But if you are a real student of Sun Tzu, you should keep reminding yourself that you are a TANK. You tank. That Demo tab would take up one of your three precious slot that you can use for tank like Immortality, Courage, Purity, etc. As a tank, you shouldn’t take kills. Kills are supposedly for carries.
    Let’s say that Demo tab does not need Demo skill and anybody can use it to do some dmg in game every 40 seconds. Would you, as a tank, use it in place of a tab that makes you more tanky throughout the whole game? Would you, as a carrier, use it place of a tab that gives you more dmg throughout the game? For carriers, Fireball and Frost bolt also do comparable dmg.
    So basically, for tank, use Demo Skill but don’t use Demo Tab.

Riley12301 likes this.
  2. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

I never use demolish skill/tab. Demolish skill/tab doesnt match my playstyle.

3. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

Mp 1 is better than demolish skill... I always spam my skills, need massive mp.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  4. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

Tanks need to be able to kill somebody sometimes. Also it's not just for tanks, it's good for bruisers and mages who can get up close and personal like harpy as well

It turns the tide of those little 1v1s that happen in jungle and at the end of teamfights when your team is dead.

Riley12301 likes this.
  5. Riley12301

Riley12301 Gambler :D Staff Member

I would use demo tab on border seeing as teamfights are on a smaller scale, and it is more important to combat someone who is trying to invade your jungle. On rift, you can usually sneak out of your own jungle and into the enemies' jungle if the enemy is stealing your farm.

Imo, I agree with star. Tanks really don't get the demo tablet's full potential because it is not their job to deal the majority of the damage.

6. starzar

starzar Member

Of course every heroes (not just tank) need to be able to kill. But if you play your role, tanky tablets has higher priority for tank than dmg tablets.

For those little 1v1s that happen in jungle and at the end of teamfights when your team is dead, Fireball and Frost bolt also do comparable dmg without the requirement of both a skill and a tablet. I did mention this in the original post.

I am not saying Demo tab is useless. It's just there are better tablet to use depending on your role.

7. meteorologist

Neither of those skills provide a heal and they are higher CD. If you really want them that badly, you have 2 skills shots.. you don't have to use the demo tab just know that you may be at a disadvantage if you don't

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  8. meteorologist

I did my charitable deed by sharing this knowledge. If you don't want to use it, I'm happy to retain my competitive advantage

9. fireneg

fireneg RUSSIANS!!!!!@@@@@@ stop trashtalking and gtfo

Demo tab pretty good for laning in border, it's a quck heal and dmg, and also you can take 50% more exp from dragon/mogul rather than letting your top/bot taking the exp and the buff.

meteorologist likes this.