F/G vs R - Game breaking for casual players

Discussion in 'General' started by DiWike, Mar 23, 2016.

Is FvR a good feature?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DiWike

DiWike Active Member

Hey,
    as a casual player who can't stand the toxicity of ranked I tend to play one or two randoms a night when the kids are asleep.

What I find to truly kill the enjoyment of the game is the incredible imbalance that occur very often, a guild or 4+ friends (I only play Rift) queue up to crush a team of randoms.

A coordinated team wins 9 times out of 10 and its so useless.

I see no point or challenge for the team of friends / guild and its an utter waste of time for me, something thats extra annoying when I have a very limited time slot to enjoy the game.

Do you as a community see something that can be done to fix this, any constructive ideas?
    Obviously you should be able to play with your friends so the feature of queuing as a group should still be viable in my opinion.

Id like to see:
    Friends vs Random: Max two friends in 5s, in 3's it should be vs Guilds or Friends only.
    FvF/G: Full or larger group can queue and be paired with other Friend-groups and face full Friends or Guilds (Never F/G vs Randoms).

If not then allow us random/casual players to click a checkbox "RvR" so we don't waste 20-30 min.

Sure you can argue that its possible to win, and it is, but you all know this game - its Very hard to get any teamwork unless you play with people you know.

I hope @Lily and the Devs take this under consideration since its, for me, the biggest downside of being a casual player.

2. Riley12301

Riley12301 Shmoo Staff Member

I for one like losing (I'm a weirdo), there is nothing more boring for me than winning a game of HOC easily. I like it when matches last a long time and I can normally get my team to cooperate easily with the warning system on the mini map, even if they can't speak English. I know I have gone up against some obvious (small time) guilds and won...

I agree with what you said quite a bit though, sometimes winning is yes, impossible. Teams that are guilds almost always have ganking strategies and some team members don't want to waste their teleport on you... If you took a decent guild and gave them the underpowered heroes and the disorganized team the op heroes, the guild would probably still win. So long story short, there is no substitute for teamwork.

DiWike likes this.
  3. Mutedfaith

Mutedfaith Well-Known Member

To make it worse those people tend to love gloating and insulting the enemy team even though they know they are playing with an unfair advantage

meteorologist and Ernferie like this.
  4. Riley12301

I always leave the chat at the end of the game before that happens

meteorologist likes this.
  5. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

Looking at the Normal matchmaking (excluding Ranked and GvG), you have no choice than add FvF and FvR together. Here is why.

As friends, you can have a full roster team and start a queue. But if your team isnt full on the map (e.g. 4 players on Rift), you need a random players to fill the last spot. I dont see any other choice.

In the past, to even out the sides, if you have a 2+ friend team on one side, you are guaranteed to have at least a 2+ friend/guild team on the other side. All remaining spots are filled with randoms. If one of the friend team player leave the lobby (crash, etc), all the team is removed from the lobby.... and all the spots filled with random.

But frankly, all the normal games I played lately and lost, I cannot guaranteed to have any friend party on my side. Have Gameloft changed the matchmaking of the F teams?

The other problem we see right now is not only F+R v R+F, but guild teams are also in the same queue, making it G v R and G v F+R. And that can be solved only when we will see a pure GvG queue AND RESET of the guild rank points (because they are totally meaningless)

vahnzizka and DiWike like this.
  6. Riley12301

Actually I have my own guild (really inactive) and we did 3v3s for awhile (me and my friends in real life) and I was shocked to learn that when you play on a guild team you don't really go up against other guilds... Eventually though we ran into some real guilds and lost =p

Even tho my guild is inactive, I have 8 level 40 players with senior/elite contribution, so I know they are all decent players. That's really my only in game achievement.

7. DiWike

DiWike Active Member

I agree, that's how it should work. I've so far, not even once, seen any indications in chat that there were any Friends on the Random side.

8. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

I like losing too xD

Riley12301 likes this.
  9. Riley12301

I thought I was the only one

10. meteorologist

It's more of a challenge. If I can't have a good game I'd rather fight than have it easy

11. Riley12301

I agree 100%, that's why I rarely play Persephone or Frost

12. meteorologist

Only maybe when I'm against a full guild team and I'm with randoms. Then maybe haha

Riley12301 likes this.
  13. Riley12301

That's fair enough, either that or the other team in ranked has one

14. LastStand

LastStand Cheers

Bring back GvG and game is fix

Kreygasm

15. Riley12301

[​IMG]

People like their Persephone ruin games for me, not the guilds we go up against

Lol how do we post images, did I do it right?

Yay I got it, wait it says uploaded file is too big for server to process lol

image.jpeg
    Finally!!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  16. meteorologist

Even more annoying is when you have a pro Fox or something where you pretty much can't lose :/

Can't-lose is slightly worse than can't-win for me. I think I lobby shop to avoid pros on my team and noob enemies as much as anything lol.

But that's life on android outside of locked customs. A barren wasteland

17. Riley12301

I'm on iOS... But still 0-8 with Persephone, how bad of a player would you have to be to make that happen

18. Riley12301

Battle Mage isn't exactly a carry either

19. Mutedfaith

Mutedfaith Well-Known Member

Not like anyone on that picture did good...

20. Riley12301

I was doing good in the beginning, I had 3-1 in the first 10 minutes, then Persephone fell apart and debronee followed, at that point we surrendered.