[Fan Fiction] A Harpy's Revenge

Discussion in 'Fan-Fiction' started by Akatsuki, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Relinquish your spark.

Chapter 1: Free
    The sun glistened through the sleeping harpy's eyes, Anuir, they called her. A beautiful harpy whose power has been used in order to amuse barbaric people.

"This is the time, we'll be free soon." She told the barbarian beside her, Valox Fireraven. A fellow prisoner behind bars after being caught by evil people who were using them for entertainment purposes. It wasn't really a deathmatch, they were thankful. At midnight, they'd always talk about their plans for tomorrow and only hit each other with minor injuries and such.

"We will be free, Anuir." Valox answered through gritted teeth. "We've been here for decades now. I've spent most of my life here. I don't wanna see this..god-forsaken environment any longer."

"You're not the only one who wants, Valox," Anuir said, smirking. "In any case, the match is starting. Let's not try to sustain major injuries,"

"Yeah. I know," the orcish barbarian answered. "Stick with the plan, alright?"

"Yeah."

---

Their plan wasn't only to get out of this cage, but also to take revenge against their kidnappers whom kept and abused them for years. They were desperate, those two, but they make a good team.

"Alright! The Gorilla, Valox Fireraven!" The announcer shouted through the microphone, his voice booming throughout the entire arena. A lot of people cheered. Valox just stood still.

"The Bird, Anuir!" He continued, smirking. This'll be a fun show.

"And start!" After that word, it was deathly still. The harpy nor the orc weren't moving.

Anuir smirked at Valox who returned the gesture. "Smoke Fog!" She shouted as the crowd cheered, but they had an ulterior motive.

Taking advantage of the smoke, Anuir flew to Valox and carried him with plenty of physical strength. The crowd cheered, thinking that Anuir would slam Valox to the ground, but instead, he carried the orc into the announcer, dropping him on the announcer--he kicked the poor announcer without hesitation and decapitated him with his axe.

"That's for making us suffer all these years, hohoho~" Anuir said, flying around as she put the crowd to sleep. "Wing Slash." Just as their kidnappers went to the smoke-covered still arena, she slashed them, making severe wounds on their skin as the smoke started to clear. In sync, Valox jumped to the middle of the arena as he did a whirlwind attack against their kidnappers. Anuir went down and carried Valox yet again. "Let's get out of this place!"

"Get those rascals! Make sure they're dead!" Their leader commanded as the others tried to catch Anuir but their attempt was frail as she was too fast.

--

Anuir flew freely, making stunts in the air.

"Stop that, you're giving me an headache." Valox said, touching his head as a sign of an incoming headache.

"Shut up. If we want to keep this freedom thing up, we'd better go somewhere to get supplies. To Haradon. There, they won't find us." Anuir said.

"Good idea, let's go there, then." Valox replied.

--
    TIME: 6:39, Haradon's White Village, Order Force

"Alright. We're here, I think. It's a village." Anuir said, stopping at the entrance of the village. White cobblestones was common in the village. Two guards at their posts, and there were a lot of bushes, which Valox said to be 'for war ambushes', Anuir didn't think about it though.

"Hold it. What's your business?" A royal guard asked. An elf, with blonde hair and breastplate. He had two swords sheathed in either of his sides.

"We're stopping by to get some supplies." Anuir answered, unamused.

"Well..people aren't needing money right now and we're using the supplies for the war. Basically, the best way to get food, water, and clothing is by joining the war. We need extra hands right now since the Chaos are such dull, pieces of crap. They attacked in the midnight and it's already afternoon and this war hasn't ended." The guard answered.

"War lasts for years--even. Don't lay down waiting for war to finish in a day." Valox said gruffly, glaring. The man thought light of the war, and he wasn't having that. Valox's family died and he was captured because of unknown assailants, and the assailants who seemed to be undead and necromancers sold he, and most seemingly Anuir to the evil gladiators.

"Well, this war is different from yours, apparently. You seem to came from a somewhat long trip." He answered. "I'll try to get an inn for you guys to stay in, but unless you wanna get supplies, I'd guess you'd have to join the war."

Anuir and Valox looked at each other and gulped. Anuir nodded.

"We'll accept your proposal, then," the harpy said as they shook hands and followed the guard to an inn to rest and stay in.

NguyenHuuBrian likes this.
  2. zebracow101

zebracow101 Well-Known Member

ok i dont get it who keeps someone imprisoned with an axe lmao xD

3. Akatsuki

If you're in a gladiator-ish place and you're going to fight against each other, you'll have a weapon, ofc. :D

Awesome No Game No Life sig! :D My personal favourites are Log Horizon, NGNL, and SAO. :)

4. Akatsuki

Chapter 2: War

"If you're up to it, you can do errands or something," The bartender who owned the inn we are staying in said, wiping several mugs where drunkards drank from. "Of course, it'll concern the war."

"Where can we go get those errands?" Anuir asked.

"They give a lot of golds, and you can buy relics from that guy over there," He pointed to a blue goblin outside, carrying a caravan and a huge bag of, seemingly equipment with him. "That's Ubiquitous Nick. I don't have any idea how he got all those weapons and armor but they help. It was said that a clone of his was at the other side. I really don't know whether he's an ally or not, but you can get errands from people around. Mostly in the White Tower, though."

"White Tower it is, then." Valox said, standing up and getting his axe which was recently cleansed from the blood of the guys he killed yesterday; he went to the door with Anuir to the White Tower.

"The people refer to it as 'tower', that's pretty peculiar, don't you think?" The harpy said in a singsong voice. "So, are you planning on joining the war?"

"If it's required," Valox said, "As for now, let's stay put. We don't want to start something we can finish,"

"HELP ME!!!" A voice shouted from the unwatched alley causing the duo to rush to the scene.

"Eh, girl. You shouted? So what?! It'll only bring more pain!" A man shouted, which seemed to be bandits. He was with two people who seemed to be a mage and a thief.

"Leave her alone, will you?" Valox asked politely, the man didn't seem to acknowledge their presence so he rushed him with a stab at the stomach. "Hopefully you learn your lesson, asshole."

[IT IS SO SHORT >.< I'M REALLY SORRY, I still have to study for my exams.]

5. mmg556

mmg556 Lena Oxton

I've only read the first chapter so far but this is pretty good. Unlike most fan fics there weren't many things wrong- in fact I only found one thing that didn't make sense when usually people make all kinds of mistakes, so good job. I enjoyed it.

P.s how does valox still have his old' grizzled war knowledge if he was enslaved most of his life. =p that's the only thing I found

Akatsuki likes this.
  6. Akatsuki

^ Thanks for the feedback! Actually in this story, they're all immortal, why? That'll be spoilers if I said why! :D

Apparently he was enslaved for at least a few thousand years, I'd say.

7. Akatsuki

Chapter 3: Joining the War
    Four days ago, the duo went to do a few errands. After their work they managed to build a shelter in the woods and got some supplies they'd share. It wasn't too shabby, a pretty nicely done hut, decorated by Anuir, and there were some antique swords Valox bought from Nick; a Jade Axe, a claymore used back then by the most powerful heroes that are now dead and such, which Anuir put in as 'really barbaric'. The duo quarreled, but they knew that they only had each other, considering that they weren't socially able considering that they've been imprisoned for millenia.

"Anuir," Valox said, entering their house. Anuir was cooking fried leave spices--a recipe known throughout Haradon to restore your vitality and strengthen your body, "A Paladin clad in yellow came to me today," He sat in the wooden stool while putting the Jade Axe beside the fireplace.

"What did he say?"

"He said we'd have to join the war soon," Valox replied, "His name is Donovac, dubbed the Bringer of Salvation, well that's what they called him," He put on a thinking face, and relaxed. "They'll need as much help as they can get, that's what he said."

"Why don't we?" The harpy asked, serving the leaves in a plate, putting it in front of Valox as they both started to eat.

"It's dangerous."

They both stood silent for a while, "My little pets recieved information."

"You mean the dark little things made out of your fog? They're spies aswell?" Valox said.

"Not exactly spies. They're good for getting information. I guess I can use them for attacking but I recently discovered this technique," Anuir smiled at her plate, her cooking was delicious. It wasn't too shabby for someone who hadn't cooked in a millenia.

"So what did they say?" The orc asked, eating huge parts of the leaf, he was hungry indeed, the cooking wasn't bad but the leaf itself just tasted horrible. He made sure to hunt a few stags tomorrow for exquisite meat.

"There was this fountain thing." Anuir answered, "They kind of revive everything that dies there, they link people who fight in the war, including villagers so there won't be any casualties, few people say that Chaos managed to build one for themselves too though, so I guess this war will never end unless the leaders itself kill each other."

"That's good enough. We'll join the war," Valox said, finishing his plate of food.

-~-~-
    Anuir's POV (gawsh, first harpy pov is just :nailbiting:)

I walked around the streets, getting necessary things before the war starts. I bet we'd have to camp and take turns. It's war.

The bell rang, just as I finished buying the things required from Nick's shop, I put the gold coins in the counter and muttered a "Thank you" as I went to meet with Valox in the gates.

"You're late," The dirty orc said, leaning on his axe.

"I had to buy a few things." My kin taught me to be polite to others, but now, they're dead.

"Alright, people, come on." A Paladin with red armor and golden lining said, he seems to be experience as he was carrying some sort of axe imbued with purity-ness or something.

"I'll be your leader. My name is Lut'Hiran. You can just call me Lut so it'll be easy to communicate in the war." The paladin said in a gruff voice. "I have four techniques," he raised four fingers. "I can charge up a skill that'll protect me from any harmful effects which is useful if we have to encounter someone who can halt our movements or try to make us sleep. I also have another skill that can absorb a bit of damage but that's all it is to it, I can rush an enemy and halt their movements but only for a short while. Now tell me your skills so that we know what to strategise. All teams are put in with five people, presumably a Magi, Guardians and Fighters."

"I'm Khlint, and I'll be your healer, he! You don't have to worry about damage, all it needs is a Flare and one of my special bullets and you'll be fine!" Khlint said cockily.

"Aren't you a charmer," I said sarcastically, good thing he didn't hear, I'm not dying anytime soon.

"Name's Anioah," a lady with her hair in a side braid said, leaning on her tall mana-infused sword, "I'll be your Mage. I can drain an enemy's psyche as long as I'm in range, I can do a three way attack, I have a protection spell but it'll only protect me, but it replenishes your psyche whenever you are in the continent as long as we know each other, same goes for everyone. I can halt an enemy's movement for a short while and break their defense a tiny bit."

It was my turn. "Hi! I'm Anuir. I can cook, I guess, in case we go camping--"

"I also have some meat." Valox butted in.

"Shush," I said, treating him as if he's my dog. "I can make an enemy sleep for three seconds? Or something, I guess. I haven't really figured out the duration," I said.

"That'll be pretty handy," Lut said.

"I can silence enemies, preventing them from casting any of their techniques, I can throw my little pets in aswell." I said as I summoned three pets (this is basically her toggle skill) "I cause serious damage, you know. I can teleport three times to an enemy and damage them in the process."

"This one is good, you're awesome, girl. I hope to look forward in fighting alongside you." Anioah said, smiling.

"It'll be my pleasure," I wasn't really used to people befriending me before, I guess this was a start.

"The name is Valox, I can do different things with my axe, a whirlwind strike, some kind of skill that make others dizzy, and I can taunt them." Valox said.

"You're useful aswell, welcome to the team, man." Lut said, grinning.

"Alright, so here's the plan for everyone we encounter, not counting the soldiers, only the serious ones. Anuir, you teleport to them and make them sleep, and we'll attack them, Valox will taunt the enemy and Khlint will heal Valox. Afterwards, Anioah will replenish all your psyche and drain the enemies psyche so he won't have the strength to run, I'll be one in the frontlines aswell and get enemy damage if necessary as Valox is our main tank but I have a few skills that can be helpful aswell. Good luck." Lut said, this guy was pretty smart, but it's purely just common sense and training. "Now, march, men!"

8. Evanescent

Evanescent Forum PsychoLogist

@Akatsuki this isn't corrupt unlike your others

9. Akatsuki

stop this story is making me cringe. there are so many plot holes

10. Evanescent

Evanescent Forum PsychoLogist

Don't forget the grammar in some places lolol

11. Akatsuki

Shut up scarletflames