Fix the useless Rock Fist ult.

Discussion in 'Nerfs and Buffs' started by Jaye, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Jaye

Jaye Member

Ahh Rock Fist, whatever has Gameloft done to you?
    The previous ult of Rock Fist was imo more viable being his own gap closer and stun. His current ult however I really don't see it being good, I seriously can't come up with any situation where this move would be effective, the damage is close to nothing and shows very little impact on team fights. I understand that guardians shouldnt be doing so much damage but this is ridiculous. Even if you build full fighter to maximize the dmg, chances are you would die long before even finishing the skill, so here's my suggestion to Rock Fist ult
    Avalanche: Rock Fist curls into a ball and rushes to a targeted hero dealing 150/200/250 + 0.30 Ad and stuns them for 1 second.
    Additional effect: If this skill successfully hits it's initial target and there is another enemy hero within 10 meters of that target, then Rock Fist will continue rolling and rush to that new target location and will continuously do so if there is another hero within range thus creating a chain.
    Note: The maximum of 5 Heroes can be hit with this skill and the same hero cannot be hit more than once

Basically think of this as ping ball
    I noticed how there's no one mentioning how weak Rock Fist is right now, he's definitely not a high rank hero. So I just wanna be that 1 person that talks about the underrated yeti.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  2. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

Increase the maximum number of stack can add to enemy. Give a additional effect to his ulti such that when enemy reach maximum stack, stun the target for 0.5/1/1.5 sec and remove half stack of ice on the stun target. (make it possible to stun twice if use it right)

Non Living Legend likes this.
  3. crash_lord

crash_lord Retired

Just delete that hero. Ez peasy. Gl not pretty smart on nerf and buff stuff

4. MyLastDreams

MyLastDreams Well-Known Member

Rather just use Cyclops xD

5. Non Living Legend

Non Living Legend New Member

After getting the Tough Daddy skin, I started to play RockFist. I barely remember the old Rockfist because NO ONE PLAYED HIM, back when Forge was the Go-To-Tank, i've only seen old Rockfist Ult once and trust me, it was pretty good. Gap-closing ability, decent chunk of base damage, and a stun.
    Now seeing the new Rockfist ult, it's just terrible. It does nearly NO DAMAGE. It gave you a movement speed buff but your 3 skill gave you a pretty decent movement speed buff! Also you can't cancel it so you are basically a rolling Hermetist's Cape for five or so seconds. I'm not mad about the "Ice" Stacks mechanic they gave new Rockfist, it's just the old ult was perfectly fine and honestly might be the only reason why people played old RockFist.
    Normally I would be happy to be level six as fast as possible and you just feel so much powerful, but with new RockFist, not as much.
    Suggestions: Either revert the Reworked ult back to the old one, or give it something so that it does CC, some gap closing ability, and something to interact with his new Ice stacks passive. Jaye above did a pretty good job at the ult rework suggestion, take a look at it.
    :happy:All in all, RockFist is a hero that has potential, it just feels like it has 3 skills instead of 4. TAKE NOTES GAMELOFT :shame:

6. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer ✿мyтнicαl biтcн✿ Staff Member

My suggestions. Feedback welcomed.

Stats: stay the same

Skill 1: Overwhelming force
    RockFist will attack an enemy hero so powerful they'll be launched in the air and be stunned upon hitting the ground for .25/.5/.75/1 seconds. Blow does extra damage equal to 1.5%/2.5%/3.5%/5.5% of his maximum health.
    Mana cost: 60/70/80/90
    Cool Down: 10/10/10/10
    Range:2m

(This is the same as his knock up but with more utility and better damage as a tank.)

2. Volley of ice
    Rockfist will launch the several Spikes on his back everywhere to damage and Slowing enemies effected. Damage: 100/125/175/200 + .20 PA. Slow effect 20%/30%/40%/50% for 1/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.
    Mana cost: 50/60/70/80
    Cool Down: 12/12/11/11
    Range: 8m

(This skill will replace his old aoe to provide a bigger slow to a wider range of enemies.)

3. Thick Fur
    Passive: increase magical and physical defense by 10/20/30/40 and damage reduction by 4%/6%/8%/10%
    Activate: double the passive effect and gain movement speed for 5 seconds. 25%/30%/35%/40%
    Mana cost: 30/30/40/40
    Cool Down: 13/13/13/13
    Range: N/A

(This will return his hold passive and a new one with an addition to how his 3 works currently)

4. Rock smash
    RockFist will smash the ground in front of him shifting the ground greatly it slows enemies tremendously and provides all allies a shield, if any slowed target get struck by OF (overwhelming force) they'll be stunned for 1.25/1.75/2 seconds instead. And it's Cool Down is reduced to 4 seconds. Slow amount: 65%/75%/85%, shield amount: 5%/10%/15% of RockFist's maximum health. Slow and shield last for 5 seconds.
    Mana cost: 50/100/150
    Cool Down: 60/55/50
    Range: 12m

(This new ultimate will provide a much better support utility than his original skill of the straight line stun and allow users to keep adcs away from your team as a means of escape or as an initiation)

(Let's say an example for this ultimate)

you're on order side and it's the 32 min mark. So boss is important than ever before. You're leading the fight with jombraa, your team all know enemy team will be at mogul starting it. Once your team reaches the river rockfist blinks and uses ultimate allowing jombraa to come in and stun ever enemy, followed by volley of ice your team's adc is able to pick off enemies caught and steal mogul with demo.)

These are just ideas from the top of my head. Y'all can change or just say any different ideas you have.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Jaye likes this.
  7. Entropy

level 4 ulti give a 25% max hp shield in ally for 5 sec, that sound even more OP than the old paladin shield, basically making everyone gain a old paladin shield and it is base on rockfish max hp rather than their missing HP, that is just way too good.

8. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer ✿мyтнicαl biтcн✿ Staff Member

Yeah, making it their missing hp sounds better but if it's used to initiate then there won't be any shield at all. Maybe just reduce it to 5%/10%/15%

9. Entropy

Still sound op to me when compare to other similar skill..

10. Entropy

Btw, we are wasting our time to discuss about sth will never happen, since GL wont even read, but still a good talk.

Non Living Legend likes this.
  11. KatnissNeverclean

KatnissNeverclean District Genderfluid

Or we can just revert the ult back to original.

12. Nodachi

Nodachi Member

And make it more faster to cast/go to through walls.

It was very hard to land lol.

The only funny thing about the new Frost, it's fact I can hit very hard/kill a carry with this ultimate.

KatnissNeverclean likes this.
  13. qwerty1124

qwerty1124 Active Member

Well old rockfist was viable, just that other heroes were better(forge - lockdown and two stuns), old rockfist has stun only at lvl6, plus the range for ult at lvl 6 was 6m? That was why other tanks were better

14. Non Living Legend

Non Living Legend New Member

Yeah man I hope they do something about this underrated Ice Giant

15. fireneg

fireneg RUSSIANS!!!!!@@@@@@ stop trashtalking and gtfo

Best way to fix rockfist is to revert him completely. And give him his second skill a uppercut dash.

KatnissNeverclean likes this.