Guide to counterjungling(border skirmish)

Discussion in 'General Guides' started by AwesomeAwi, Nov 17, 2015.

1. AwesomeAwi

AwesomeAwi New Member

This is the first time that im gonna create a guide, so i appreciate some feedback :D

Counterjungling means invading the enemy jungle. This guide will focus on invading the enemy top jungle.
    Why you should counterjungle:
    -you deprive your opposing jungler of exp
    -you earn exp (well, duh hahaha)
    -enemy jungler will be frustrated, making him more careless of his actions(mind games hehehehe)
    -it feels good seeing your opponent jungler still lvl 5 while you are lvl 9
    How to counterjungle:
    1. Use a hero that is strong early game and has an escape. My favorite would be redtrophi. Horse is great too, but lacks escape. You need an escape in case your duel with the enemy is losing.
    2. Once the game starts, clear your jungle first. Keep farming until you have 500 gold. Buy another squire then go to bear camp. Once you're done, start invading.
    3. There is a huge chance that you're gonna face the opposing jungler. Be prepared. Player skills are important. If you want to be sure in counterjungling, get heal1 or heal 2 and a fireball2.
    4. If you manage to kill the enemy jungler, congratulations, you earn his jungle. Be aware of his team helping though.
    Keep this in mind. Do not counterjungle if you think your hero is weak early game. If you are using fish against horse, you are more likely to lose when you confront him. Counterjungling is risky too. It wastes time if you fail and giving up a kill is worse.
    That ends my first guide. Comments are appreciated (dont be rude tho hahahaha). AwesomeAwi here, playing on ios platform, and the noobest lvl 40 ever

2. atchodas

atchodas Well-Known Member

Imo Top counterjungle is worth only with champions like valox and horse who are useless pre 6 , with good timing u can easily steal one or even both enemy camps to rush that 6 faster and if u do it fast and time it well u wont have to fight nobody, meanwhile such strong early game champ like redtrophy should clear her camps asap and apply pressure to enemy mid and bot , her early game is so strong not worth to waste it on enemy spyders(unless u saw an opportunity when enemy top is mid/bot and wasting his time then ofc steal from him ). Ofc every game is different and one strategy wont work but in general id rather use rtq for early ganks and pressure than counterjungle
    Best players will combine both depending on the gameflow

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  3. AwesomeAwi

AwesomeAwi New Member

Thanks for the reply. By counterjungling, you make the enemy jungler useless. In my games, i get 2 kills per game when i invade so it is still worth it :D