How gameloft can solve Lag Issues for players.

Discussion in 'General' started by Herald_of_xotli, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Herald_of_xotli

Herald_of_xotli Active Member

The way to solve the majority of lag issues in game is for players to have their countrys flag in the background of their Gamertag. this way we will know were our allys and enemies are playing from, which can be the ultimate desicion to stay in that lobby or get out so we the players do not have to waste time playing with somone on mcdonalds wifi across the world. just like how call of duty has background pictures behind peoples gamertag this needs to be implemented too but ONLY with country flags, nothing else, no emblem pictures Faze clan nonsense just our regions flags.

i write this because i work till late and dont get home untill around 12pm cst. and when i want to play some hoc i am just surrounded by asians that make me lag. and yes i know its daytime over there but still it makes me be able to be aware of where my teamates or enemys are playing from.

this should be a priority for the next update and MANDATORY for each player to assign their countrys flag behind their gamertag.

2. Mixar

Mixar Well-Known Member

Currently stuck in a quiet room with some random people so I did not need to read that. Pretty sure they just think I have a social life... Which is... good actually, thanks.

As for the idea, its Golden, but what about lobby shopping? People could just turn a, "looking for 1 more player(s)." Into a,"looking for 9 more player(s)." again. It also kinda gives a double benefit too. People can now find others who probably speak the same language as them.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  3. Saint7502

Saint7502 Well-Known Member

This isn't gonna happen because this would only lead to lobby shopping and if you haven't noticed Gameloft just added some changes to make Lobby shopping even more punishable. And I don't know about you but to me it sounds like they don't want more players to lobby shop.

Viscenox_fox likes this.
  4. iHealf

iHealf Member

I hope u know that it doesnt matter where the player is. There is no hosting within a lobby in HoC. We dont have a connection with eachother, everyone is connected to a server, not to eachother. So where you are makes no difference. It depends entirely on how powerful the wifi you're using is

5. Herald_of_xotli

that doesnt matter wether there isnt a host, yes you are connecred to eachother, thats what a server is. its proof to me when i play with asians across the world i have Game lag. and it happens only at night were i live and daytime were they are because alot of them are on.

I rather have lobby shoppers then to have lag. and the lobby shopping would die down after awhile because people will know who to play with.

6. bobby mcjackson

bobby mcjackson Active Member

You forget that even though you might be patient enough for lobby shoppers to come and go, eventually other players will leave with them...

7. Saint7502

Saint7502 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't die down, because your still gonna lobby shop. It's not like the game knows who to put people who not to put with them with.

8. Flora

Flora Well-Known Member

So why is it that I hardly lag at all? I also play during the night, and i never experience heavy lag except on rare occasions where my entire guild feels the spikes and ultimately dosconnect.

And I play with people all over the world, so it isn't just about servers and connections between players, its also about your WiFi and your device you use.

9. Herald_of_xotli

well good for you then this thread isnt important to you i am speaking for the people who actually have the problems and not the ones who dont. and its not only lag i dont want to be playing with people who cant speak english either, its not just lag.

but what i am gettig out of this is you guys rather have lag then lobby shoppers, i dont care for lobby shoppers cause i dont play ranked or go into que matches because theres no point in playing them when you dont get great rewards out of them in the first place. and lobby shopping wouldnt be a problem in the first placeif they add region flags behind players gamertags if they already supressed lobby shopping in the first place, Duh. and not only that since the person above me said they dont get lag at all then whats the problem now with putting region flags behind peoples gamertag. because its all corrected now.

when i play shadowgun deadzone (and yes this isnt sg dz but i am comparing) they have regions that u can play on. USA Europe Asia. you can switch servers at any time if u wanted too, you would lag on the other region but the people playin in that region wouldnt lag, and thats what i am getting at because when i play with asians and the majority of the players in the lobby are asians then the server will favor them more then me, and its not because i have bad wifi (i have strong wifi..) its because the servers favor them more then me, thats why if u ever play in a game and one of your teamates cant play for shit cause lag its cause the servee isnt favoring them because they are too far away.

and it doesnt matter if you play at night time too because when your playing with your "friends" they are obviously in the same region as you with the exception of some people who would probly say "oh well i can speak their language too" this doesnt apply to you.

so either way gameloft should put region flags behind our gamertags so lag wouldnt be an issue as much as it is FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE, and not for the people who already dont lag.

10. Flora

Flora Well-Known Member

That's an arguement I can agree with.
    However lobby shopping being allowed is doubtable. It encourages trolling and in general bad sportsmanship. It also slows matchmaking down. That's why it's punished. Otherwise it's a good solution.

11. Roluck

Roluck Active Member

I think u lag at night cuz someone using or Wifi to watch streamed movies, most likley.

12. iHealf

iHealf Member

Dude u are not connected to eachother. Connected to server. Like someone else said before, it depends on ur wifi and device not where u are. Dont blame asians for ur lagg. Sort out ur wifi and buy more updated devices

13. Viscenox_fox

Viscenox_fox Active Member

Ladies and gentlemen,from the person who builds firebow on Gaia :D

14. SeasonedSalt

SeasonedSalt Well-Known Member

The only way to reduce lag is to have regional servers like NA, EU,KOREA etc. That is not a wise investment for gameloft as they would be splitting players up by region. There are nowhere near enough players to implement that kind of infastructure. There will never be a lag fix until they do this.

15. darcdorom

darcdorom Active Member

You are connected with each other over the server and the distance to the server and the quality of wires/hardware/software of the network owner affecting the traveling speed of infomation packages. So longer distance to the server and/or bad wires/hardware/software will delay informations so it is possible that someone communicates several seconds behind the other with the game server and this will be shown as lags.