I haven't seriously visited the forums in a long time.

Discussion in 'General' started by Aeszarck, May 14, 2016.

1. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

What the hell happened? (I left in late September. I remained active to update my lottery poll threads for fun, but read absolutely nothing from the forum. I also stopped playing HoC at about that time too, logging in just to get my rewards and stuff.)

I see we have a new community manager... is that not our fourth? Andreaa, Sophie FromGameloft, Jimmy from Gameloft, Ludovic Gameloft, and now Lily? How's she compare to our past ones, and what happened to Ludovic?
    I'm also seeing that Sophie left Gameloft because poor management decisions.

I read Levesqmi's farewell post.
    Wow.
    He was an amazing member of the community, and I'll dare say the most dedicated, and he's given up hope of the game being good. This shocks me. I've also been seeing a lot of posts about discontentment with Gameloft. How terrible have the new patches been? (I haven't played since the store release of Frostzel.) How is Gameloft supporting the community? Have any good things happened since I left?

Has the forums population changed dramatically? How many people have quit?

Also, these new skins are cool, but they're ridiculous in price. I saw the Christmas Draven skin was 1888 Runes. What the hell? We also have a Donovac skin going for 4200 Runes, and elite skins are averaging at 999 Runes. Why can't we have more 520 skins? That's already expensive enough...

Also, I saw that apparently the rewards for a Hoc tournament weren't properly distributed by Gameloft? What's this?

I'm a bit in the dark, but I'm not overly surprised. I haven't been playing, but I've seen the prevalence of ads, the reintroduction of 28000 Emblem heroes, the ultra-expensive skins, the betting feature, and Orin's blessing, and I can fathom that Gameloft is just trying to milk the game for money. I can't say anything about balance though, but I assume the new heroes are overpowered?

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    meteorologist likes this.
  2. ItHurts2Pee

ItHurts2Pee New Member

Idk about how this forum was before, but compared to other forums I've joined over the years this is the most inactive so far lol And from what I've seen so far the newer heros don't have a huge advantage compared to alot of the cheaper ones. Skins are ridiculously expensive tho xD But with a company like gameloft, where on alot of their other games when they have massive issues with stuff like lag/crashing instead of fixing it they pump out a rune sale..it's expected they'd be greedy on this game too lol

3. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

Seemed pretty active when I left.

4. Riley12301

Riley12301 Shmoo Staff Member

Well, hoc kinda sucks now, there are still many active players though. Some have left, some have joined.

3V1LS0UL likes this.
  5. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

Can you explain why it sucks? I have a general understanding, but I want to hear it from a player.

6. MyLastDreams

MyLastDreams Well-Known Member

Ha, how is Gameloft supporting the community? Didn't know they ever tried.... you read Leves post. As far as balancing goes it's not THAT bad anymore still some pretty obvious ones such as Persephone and Frostzel along a few questionable ones like Qui and elf. Honestly with the hype people had with the Rising update though you'd think Gameloft had did something right but needless to say, literally everything after that has been pretty negative.

7. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

So Persephone and Frostzel are imbalanced, and Qiu Yuelan and Ihaelryna are both top tier? Well, sounds like the balance team still hasn't learned to balance the game correctly. I'm guessing that while they probably play the game, they don't play it nearly enough, and aren't good enough to see how imbalanced the game actually is. I still remember release Lu Yunfei...

It sucks that nothing good has come after Rising. I guess that the HoC team just flounders without the help of an actual experienced person.

8. ItHurts2Pee

ItHurts2Pee New Member

It's always funny when people are shocked a gameloft game falls under people's expectations lol its like someone being surprised that the sun rised today

mmg556 and donmonkey44 like this.
  9. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

The game was good though, and it has had a fair amount of work put into it. Like, look at all the awesome heroes we have, and the three maps, and the cool UI...
    I'm just surprised because I thought that the developers would put more effort into keeping a game that has already had a fair amount of work put into it alive instead of trying to kill it and make as much money off of it before the servers get disabled because not enough people are playing.

10. ItHurts2Pee

ItHurts2Pee New Member

This game is decent, it's just that with his long it's been out it seems to be lacking and it has a dwindling player base. Plus with mobas like vainglory out most moba fans have moved to that. Hell, I'd still be playing vg but I had to sell my tab and my shit htc won't load it lol so I'm on here for now

11. Riley12301

I never said it was a bad game, I play 3 hours a day. Just kinda sucks since gameloft hasn't done enough for the game.

12. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

You said it kind of sucks though. Can you explain why you said that? I have a feeling I know why, but I want to read it for myself.

13. Riley12301

Play ranked

14. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

All right, if you won't explain it, then fine. I don't get why you don't want to, but fine.

15. Jabanga

Jabanga Active Member

1. Lags
    2. Crashs
    3. Feeders/Trolls/Noobs

And Most importantly: player base is fed up with GL greedy policy. They never listen to complaints about important stuff. Just keeping release of stupid overpriced skins and useless features like gambling and orins shit

16. ItHurts2Pee

ItHurts2Pee New Member

You pretty much nailed it lol I've only played for 2 days now and noticed all that

17. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer saddy Staff Member

Well, if you want a full on MLa essay about why gameloft sucks you aren't getting that here because you only need few words to describe how gl left the whole hoc community appalled by their actions.

The community was so hyped about the rising update. Once it came out we saw the Ri$ing take place. Game loft have us ads for 2-3 months, they would appear in lobby, in shop, in lottery, and in special cases in game.

Gameloft didn't give a flying fck about us. They just wanted money. The elite skin is a bunch of horse sht.

Sure they say," we are doing the best we can." Is that so ? How long did it take them to realize," Oh no people are upset about ads we should remove them." It took them a heck long time to. And about the new heroes," We should make a 9m hero that uses no mana, has 2 stuns with giant scalings and a 60% leech." They only nerfed the bomb to .60 from .80 and the leech to 30%. Oh then what about frosty the tank slayer that can deal 8% of the targets maximum health every (with correct talents and items ) 1 in 2 auto attacks.

Hoc used to be fun. Nowadays it seems to be going to utterly crap. Sure the rank rewards have improved. But what about emblem decrease ? And the fact that the hoc team had the audacity to remove all emblem potions and give us 2,000 emblems a month is complete stupid. You could earn more than 2,000 emblems in a month with emblem potions. And the elite skins are gone. Wow we get an alternate skin. I used the fragments for the elite skins to save up for heroes.

Hoc is dying and it's taking me with it Because i Can't seem to quit. Don't invest money. Just don't.

That's about what your getting from an experienced player. I've been here since the release of kirsaith.

If you want more information here's all you need to know.

1. Rank rewards are good but how are they fixing the cheaters with two accounts using it to get rank faster.

2. Guilds- If you see top guilds and go all the way to the bottom of their members you see accounts with the similar name with different numbers. They use this to get so high.

3. Heroes- Some heroes are way op and some are decent. The harvester was decent not op and not weak. But talmahan has immense range and can wipe a melee hero instantly.

- Love Miylynn

18. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

The game shifted gears toward making pointless aesthetics like pets (seriously, the concept of pets in any freemium game has been one of the stupidest shit conceived), constant adjustments to things unnecessary, mainly the creeps, and inflation of currency that makes it more difficult to unlock anything within a reasonable time.

Simply stated, they need more money, and that's their mission statement. I haven't played this game in almost a month. All their features makes HoC a cookie cutter freemium game with so much lost potential.

19. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

Lily is absolutely the best community manager we had in few ages now.

Leve quitted because of issues with gameloft. I personally don't see the issue as big. It's just gameloft treats hoc just like any another game it has.

After leve quitted, a new roundtable with devs and lily has been created on skype with some great and trusted players that actually care for the game ( instead of just one person which is leve )
    @zenif had the idea originally I think.

Personally I see the roundtable something useful as being part of it. I can say that we doing good. And we already told the community on this forum about the goals of some ranked changes coming. And we had a postive feedback mostly :)

HOC masters website got revived as well and it's getting update. Thanks to @DiWike and the HOC masters team.

Now there are some weekly tourneys with @aryatara on IOS and prom tourney with @SeasonedSalt salt on android and there seems to be a fan-made tourney coming in june for android according to hoc facebook page.

Let alone the hocepedia tourneys ( controlled by the russian community )
    And the new hoc website ( not official ) but very interesting one about every single player on asia and world servers on both platforms.

HOCTOP.com is the site. It syncs with gameloft's database.

For the in-game things. They introduced the VIP system. In other words it's odin's blessing. That's usual in mostly all gameloft games. However, they totally don't affect the gameplay.

A betting useless system that can not be avoided because it was from the headquarters of gameloft and of course. It's getting 0% usage.

The devs team had asked for help and that it is to send all the crashlogs to any of the roundtable people or directly to lily. That will help a lot to solve the crash issues.

Some balance stuff. But balanace isn't the biggest concern right now.
    We always played the game. At least it's more balanced that what it was but Ofc, there are some op heroes. At least, the two new heroes aren't broken. They are actually balanced, and thats what "most" of the community thinks.

Imo I see hoc developers being good developers. Just that the HQ of gameloft likes to fuck up the game most of the time.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  20. jeremydreamer17

jeremydreamer17 Active Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but Kirasath was already part of the set of the heroes that were released when HOC was released. Akartu was the first new hero we got, and I do not recall Kirasath being released after her. In other words, rather than say you've been here since the release of Kirasath, why not just say that you've been here since release?