I haven't seriously visited the forums in a long time.

Discussion in 'General' started by Aeszarck, May 14, 2016.

1. Sadowmancer

Sadowmancer saddy Staff Member

Oh then my bad. I didn't intentionally want it to sound like the actual hero but more of the icon. I'm responsible for the mis-phrasing. ^-^

2. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

I see that as a big issue. He was our most dedicated member. Levesqmi loved Heroes of Order and Chaos. If Gameloft's management of their game was that poor to make him quit, then there's something really, really wrong.

That's seems good. However, do the users running it actually know the game well? Are they high ranked, and can accurately discern imbalances in heroes?

That all seems good. It's good to hear that Gameloft actually has a database; I was under the impression that they stored nothing about the game. Do you know what other data does Gameloft store in its database? Do they have winrates on heroes? Do they have average winrates per games played? Do they have pick rates?

That's just bad, in my opinion. Seems like just a grab for money, and a pathetic one too, because it's not even permanent. They should be releasing more germane content to the game that is also permanent.

Again, the fact that it is there is a terrible thing. It's GAMBLING. This is even more pathetic than the lottery system, because you don't even have a guaranteed chance at winning something. It's an immoral money grab, and it will most definitely get Gameloft money, even if it's only a bit.

Crashes have been a problem since time immemorial and the Heroes of Order and Chaos team isn't going to solve them. The fact that they're only asking for help now signals a big problem and their lack of dedication to the game. They don't have enough focus on the core problems of the game.

Wait, what?
    You're making it sound like balance is inconsequential. It's not. It's the second most important thing behind game stability. We need a balanced environment so that people can play fairly against one another. We need an active and dedicated balance team that fastidiously tests changes before they come out so that the game is balanced. Before I left, I experienced rework Acridix. I experienced release Melina Spellmann. I experienced release Lu Yunfei. They were all ridiculously overpowered. I read that Persephone and Frostzel are balance issues. If either is as much of a problem as any one of the previously mentioned heroes, it shows that the balance department hasn't improved. I want people like Levesqmi on the balancing team. I read his post, and he said that he worked day and night to get the game balanced. He obviously knew more about the game than the people in the balancing department, since he had to work so hard to make sure that the game came out balanced after the Rising update. If the balancing department was adequate, Levesqmi wouldn't have had to work as hard. We need intelligent, high ranking players balancing Heroes of Order and Chaos.

We're not always going to play the game. I got bored of the game and stopped playing for the most part, only picking up my daily rewards. The blatantly overpowered heroes and the shameless money grabs are pushing people away.

I think they made a game with excellent potential. We have so much cool stuff. We have good graphics, a ton of interesting heroes, lots of items, a cool website, lots of miscellaneous content, and a lot more. The problem is is that it's being driven into the ground.
    The Gameloft HQ may be responsible for the implementation of betting, Epic skins, Orin's Blessing, the Emblem reward decrease, the price inflation of Elite skins, the retirement of Alternate skins, the price hijack of new heroes (now 28000 Emblems again, with a new Rune price of 800!), but they're not responsible for the terrible balancing or the game stability. That's all on the Heroes of Order and Chaos developers, and those two things are the most important for the game.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    ShadowCat and Levesqmi like this.
  3. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

Just give it up. Gameloft follows the same plan on purpose, and there's reason to follow their tactics like they don't know. Want to play competitive? Find the broken heroes, use the broken heroes, win the broken game. These people are businessmen. In the end, that's what this game is about. A few Chinese developers run by a giant corporation to make some extra dollars. It would have been tolerable if they could've added a way to make the foreign speakers shut the hell up or if they didn't try to make every fancy and pretty, but they didn't. So that's what makes the future of the game. A bunch of people twirling the updates around in circles till the next batch of freemium games are released.

ShadowCat, Levesqmi and 3V1LS0UL like this.
  4. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

It makes me so sad though, because the game seemed better in the past, and it's already had so much work put into it. If we had a competent team, we could have a happy, balanced ranked environment where our fifty-eight(?) heroes have respectable winrates and pickrates, and one can't cheese his or her way to Diamond because that person was a one-trick Dark Elf Exile.
    I don't really want to give it up, even though I'm sort of giving it up already by not playing it.

5. 3V1LS0UL

3V1LS0UL I liek fizz C:

Tbh league of legends is the same shit. Except riot actually nerfs champs in one update and not multiple updates. A bunch of heroes/champs are very weak in the meta and they are also greedy af. At least they get the balancing done though....

6. Swedishviking

Swedishviking Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yes, most of the players in this group are ranked high enough

7. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

That's insanely awesome. Props to whoever made it.

8. yololtroll

yololtroll Well-Known Member

He did but it wasn't... much.

9. yololtroll

The reason why almost everyone here mourned @Levesqmi was that he actually managed to bring improvements to the game. Read: ACTUALLY. He was the only medium between Gameloft and us. Everybody screamed until their larynx fell off to no avail until he managed to establish a connection. Yes people do come but NO ONE has managed to do the same thing as well as he did: FIXING THE GAME. He managed to bring plethora of improvements to the game and all this new "roundtable" has right now is pretty much, his legacy.

About the way GL treated him that is wrong on many levels on my opinion. Then while people were quitting, complaining and playing, He Actively Tried to FIX THE GODDAMN GAME. This man, who has a family, voluntarily worked on his holiday, only to get some WORTHLESS IN GAME CURRENCIES for his effort. And mind you, he pretty much did the same thing for 2 or 3 and a half years. Voluntarily or not, that is just a wrong and down right STUPID way to repay a person's commitment.

About RISING, it was just a big dick move. Hyped or not, it went down the hill as what supposed to be a life saving update.

10. Levesqmi

Levesqmi Well-Known Member

Respect my friend. Your awareness and understanding of the situation is unmatched. After all we have been through, I am honoured to count you as one of my greatest allies.

Have a marvellous day my friend. /bow

11. DexterVist

DexterVist Active Member

HE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3V1LS0UL likes this.
  12. yololtroll

[​IMG]

13. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

Also, what happened to Gameloft Ryan and Mandy? When did the HoC Twitch stream die out? (At least, it seems dead. I'm not sure if it actually is.)

14. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

I believe Mandy transferred to another part of GL. @SeasonedSalt knows more about it than I do.

15. SeasonedSalt

SeasonedSalt Well-Known Member

Mandy left GL i think 1 and a half months ago. Ryan left way before then.

Levesqmi and 3V1LS0UL like this.
  16. Aeszarck

Aeszarck Active Member

That's really unfortunate.
    Issues with management?

17. 3V1LS0UL

3V1LS0UL I liek fizz C:

w8, y mandy left? Wasn't she like manager or CEO or some other shit? Is gl that bad?
    We miss you leve. We all understand what you went though, that is why everyone likes to say "fuq gaymeloft" and "fuck their lives"
    These dumbasses abused you, used you and payed you with shyt currency, then destroyed the game the next update. Several months slaving away gone to waste. That shyt currency they paid you no longer worth shyt. Im really fin sure this isn't suppose to be legal. They are suppose to pay with cash. Greedy fuqs.

The Emancipation Proclamation
    January 1, 1863

A Transcription

By the President of the United States of America:

A Proclamation.

Whereas, on the twenty-second day of September, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-two, a proclamation was issued by the President of the United States, containing, among other things, the following, to wit:

"That on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the Executive Government of the United States, including the military and naval authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such persons, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom.

"That the Executive will, on the first day of January aforesaid, by proclamation, designate the States and parts of States, if any, in which the people thereof, respectively, shall then be in rebellion against the United States; and the fact that any State, or the people thereof, shall on that day be, in good faith, represented in the Congress of the United States by members chosen thereto at elections wherein a majority of the qualified voters of such State shall have participated, shall, in the absence of strong countervailing testimony, be deemed conclusive evidence that such State, and the people thereof, are not then in rebellion against the United States."

Now, therefore I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, by virtue of the power in me vested as Commander-in-Chief, of the Army and Navy of the United States in time of actual armed rebellion against the authority and government of the United States, and as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said rebellion, do, on this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and in accordance with my purpose so to do publicly proclaimed for the full period of one hundred days, from the day first above mentioned, order and designate as the States and parts of States wherein the people thereof respectively, are this day in rebellion against the United States, the following, to wit:
    Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, (except the Parishes of St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. John, St. Charles, St. James Ascension, Assumption, Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Orleans, including the City of New Orleans) Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia, (except the forty-eight counties designated as West Virginia, and also the counties of Berkley, Accomac, Northampton, Elizabeth City, York, Princess Ann, and Norfolk, including the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth[)], and which excepted parts, are for the present, left precisely as if this proclamation were not issued.

And by virtue of the power, and for the purpose aforesaid, I do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within said designated States, and parts of States, are, and henceforward shall be free; and that the Executive government of the United States, including the military and naval authorities thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of said persons.

And I hereby enjoin upon the people so declared to be free to abstain from all violence, unless in necessary self-defence; and I recommend to them that, in all cases when allowed, they labor faithfully for reasonable wages.

And I further declare and make known, that such persons of suitable condition, will be received into the armed service of the United States to garrison forts, positions, stations, and other places, and to man vessels of all sorts in said service.

And upon this act, sincerely believed to be an act of justice, warranted by the Constitution, upon military necessity, I invoke the considerate judgment of mankind, and the gracious favor of Almighty God.

In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington, this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the eighty-seventh.

By the President: ABRAHAM LINCOLN
    WILLIAM H. SEWARD, Secretary of State.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/featured_documents/emancipation_proclamation/transcript.html

Are we seriously allowing this slavery to happen after abraham lincoln and the US had a bloody civil war trying to give slaves rights? Don't tell me in game currency is payment, they don't want to give real money cause they are greedy. In game currency is basically a free donation. I think of this as slavery.

New York State Minimum Wage Laws
    Minimum Wage Act

The Minimum Wage Act (Article 19 of the New York State Labor Law) requires that all employees in New York State receive at least $9.00 per hour. This includes domestic workers.

Regulations known as 'Wage Orders' (see details below) set certain requirements that are industry specific. The rates contained in these Wage Orders may differ from the general Minimum Wage rate.

In summary:

• As of December 31, 2015, the Minimum Wage for individuals working in the fast food industry is $10.50 per hour in New York City, and $9.75 per hour in the rest of the state.
    • As of December 31, 2015, the Minimum Cash Wage for Tipped Workers in the Hospitality Industry is $7.50 per hour if they earn enough in tips.
    • As of December 31, 2015, the Minimum Wage for other Tipped Workers is $7.65 per hour if they earn at least $1.35 per hour in tips, or $6.80 per hour if they earn at least $2.20 per hour in tips.
    • As of December 31, 2015, the Minimum Wage for all other workers is $9.00 per hour.
    For more information on the fast food industry, tipped workers, or minimum wage, please refer to the Wage Orders listed below.

http://www.labor.ny.gov/workerprotection/laborstandards/workprot/minwage.shtm

I'm very sure, 100%, that for any labor, there is minimum wage. Nothing says it can be any type of currency. It says here $9 per hour. All @Levesqmi gets is shitty runes. What bs. Completely illegal. IDK why you said you would work for free leve. Waste of your time. Payment in runes, and game is fucked up after you slaved away on it.

We shall miss you leve

Levesqmi likes this.
  18. MyLastDreams

MyLastDreams Well-Known Member

Now was posting all that really called for? x.x

meteorologist and 3V1LS0UL like this.
  19. 3V1LS0UL

3V1LS0UL I liek fizz C:

The strongest claims, have the strongest evidence.

20. Mutedfaith

Mutedfaith Well-Known Member

I don't think neither Leve or gameloft are on the U.S. so I don't think that applies to either of them, still a shitty move from GL.

3V1LS0UL likes this.