"Is Gameloft releasing OP heroes to make more money", and other balancing discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by meteorologist, Aug 14, 2016.

1. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

Also, since people keep saying that gameloft is releasing only op heroes to make money...
    Let's go back over the last 12 heroes released and see if they were op when released:
    Melina: yup
    Lu Yunfei: yup
    T'Saad: no
    Carlie: no
    Tryptic: no
    Frostzel: yes
    Lilit: no
    Lunasa: kinda
    Persephone: yes
    Talmahian: kinda
    Seake: no
    Lingyue meng: yes

Yes- 5
    No- 5
    Maybe- 2

Ok so let's look at each and see how gameloft has balanced them: for the heroes that were too strong on release, were they nerfed? For the rest, were they buffed or are they already strong enough?

Melina: nerfed (good)
    Lu Yunfei: nerfed
    Frostzel: nerfed
    Persephone: nerfed
    Lingyue meng: TOO EARLY

T'Saad: buffed (good)
    Carlie: buffed
    Tryptic: nerfed? (Roll can't pass thru walls)
    Lilit: buffed
    Lunasa: already meta
    Talmahian: already meta
    Seake: TOO EARLY

so
    -of the "too strong" heroes: 4/5 received a nerf with lingyue being too new
    -Of the rest: 3/7 were buffed to approximately meta strength, 2/7 were already meta, 1/7 was nerfed? (bad), with seake being too new

TL;DR
    -Gameloft has released about half of the latest new heroes in an op state, with the rest not.
    -Gameloft has decently adjusted 9/10 of the new heroes (with the exception of tryptic, and with the newest 2 being too new) towards the ideal of "meta"
    -they have released some straight to lottery or "real money purchase", but they also put seake in the free rotation upon our suggestion,
    - as a last reminder: it's obvious that Gameloft's vision of "meta strength" is what we might consider "strong". I'd expect most further balancing to be more or less towards where aria is as a standard: on the strong side but not op

Agree? Disagree?

2. lxlhotsaucelxl

lxlhotsaucelxl Active Member

Answers r simple look at what the players r saying, this isnt like solving quantum physics. Let's just say for each 1 1/2-2 hero, u get a OP hero. Also the random buff/nerfs, vig did not need a buff, poly and carlie buff just to get nerfed weeks later. I'm sure they test heroes out for many many many long......................overpowering seconds before releasing them. Atleast 4 of these OP heroes in every game (pers/elf/leb/Yao ming/bow/qiu/vig) then you have ur next tier(kajax/horse/anioah/tamale-hian/deb), that's all you see in ever game. Score of 28-3 wrecking nub with op heroes is boring, need to be balances....and sorry went off topic.

3. ~Xarams~

~Xarams~ YouTuber

Gameloft doesn't care if a hero is op or not upon releasing it.

Right now the new hero is available in like a $14 pack. Doesn't that scream money? Guess they just don't want people to get anything from lottery now.

4. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

The assumption of pay to win/heavier grind, from my standpoint, is not the overpowered heroes, but the lack of emblem rewards, reverted hero prices, and the overall lack of concern with more important things in the game. I just couldn't be bothered by the poor marketing strategy from a team who only cares for releasing new content so that people buy it, while everything else we wanted is pushed back or ignored.

KatnissNeverclean likes this.
  5. WTFBull

WTFBull Member

Pls, don't for get Kurzdor and Draeznor, too OP in first release, especially Draeznor.

Also, T'Saad and Tryptic ARE OP when they released.

About T'Saad: His % bonus damage scaling of Combustion Strike and Mind's Eye is ridiculous high, and that cd is shorter than now. The same as his ulti. Remember how T'Saad kill Mogul in just level 1 ? Next update after T'Saad released, GL remove % bonus damage and reduce damage and passive of his ulti. After a some update, upd18 T'Saad must get some small buff for slow and stun, because after that nerf there no one use him, and that all.

About Tryptic, the amount of recover health and damage scaling is bigger than now, Also, the cd is shorter, too. Remeber how Tryptic, low health, but look like a zombie when put shield and run throught tower ? If you don't, pls youtube.

The point is, At always, This company release too strong, too unbalance new hero every update, make people want it, and pay for it. But after that, that ridiculous plan is, must make some move before these new hero are breaking the game too much, causing player left the game. So that why they nerf every Money Tool after release for "balance".

The question is: Why they release an unbalance hero at first ? They can do this on Lilit, Carlie Q, Seake, so why they won't do it ?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  6. Mixar

Mixar Well-Known Member

Yeah sure they want money but it's not from op heroes, like ThinIce said.
    As Meteorologist said, they're half and half right now, with 4/5 of their biggest mistakes mainly being carry heroes. Perse, Frost, and Meng, pure carry-carry. Melina? Carry/disabler. Lu is a special case, he looked fine, as a bruiser, on paper but managed to be about every class (laner, ganker, jungler, durable, disabler, etc.) Idk what happened to his development.

Anyways, every hero, besides Enigma, on that list that was meant to deal alot of damage and snowball the game is/was op. The rest are fine. Ever wonder its just cause Gl underestimates things rather than the need for money? I mean, even Carlie's 2 second shield, on paper, looks useless. I think GL thinks, "these heroes are supposed to be carrys, why do they look so weak."
    Off-topic but rarely anyone plays Anioah, Archimtiros is surprisingly uncommon now, Elf is balanced, Vigelos is easy to just do over, Kagax fell of the popularity charts quick. I just don't see them.

KatnissNeverclean and Akise like this.
  7. lxlhotsaucelxl

The question is: Why they release an unbalance hero at first ? They can do this on Lilit, Carlie Q, Seake, so why they won't do it ?

Then surely nobody will play their game maybe?

8. lxlhotsaucelxl

Not from op heroes?? Why wasnt lilith, carlie, seake, that fighter with the pizza cutter released in a bundle($)?

Btw just had a match vs a pro Mengmeng user, she couldn't be stopped. You know how pers has her leech and 2nd skill for kickback, Mengmeng has everything and HEAL. Whoever questions her OPness don't play this game enough or a noob.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  9. rajinikanth

rajinikanth THE DARK PALADIN

I think you forgot qui

10. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

She was weak when released. They kept buffing her and until the very last buff she actually became a top tier.

Entropy likes this.
  11. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

Both are still top op hero.

2 sec stun at almost 180 degree angle. Maybe that AOE stun is too long and range is too wide.

That is probably because of the rework of that map, not a actually intention, you can still roll through at some specific position and face the right direction. But not as easy as before the map rework.

12. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

Kurzdor is definitely not op at first release, at first release, his stack didn't give any % damg bonus, also the stack dot is half compare to now, also all his skill have much shorter range compare to now.

I maybe wrong, but what I remember, they didn't change the heal effect from it release to now. It always max at 6%.

meteorologist likes this.
  13. Elijael

Elijael G.O.D.slayer

Disagree. Lingling not more op than kurz or Enigma . Just BS Talk

14. dmspker

dmspker Active Member

New hero can literally solo game with two finished items, I hope nerf comes next week

15. lxlhotsaucelxl

Kid don't even play the game talking about nomore op then Kurz. Seems like ur not up to date, Kurz not the same op 1 burst instant kill, he got nerfed son. Talking about same level as pers and yaomengling pffff.

16. beboH40

beboH40 Active Member

no next week she will be free to buy for every1 :D emblems saved

17. Elijael

Elijael G.O.D.slayer

Hotsauce : seems like u not up to date. Didnt saw ur Name in any tourney yet nor in any gvg we played agsinst. Guess u not even a member of nub IH Chat . So please kiddo crawl back to ur nubhole and hide from the sunlight dont come out bother with bare bs and unqualified opinions. Just go feed in 1600 Rank Games and cry that u cant use a stun or engage her cause yeah u used to 10k Custom and pvp. And btw kurz is as strong as ever he can still insta burst everyone. And all was Fine with kurz until GL increase His Range of skill 2 . Thats the only prob . B4 that kurz was kinda an underdog only played in gvg abd tournamebts by few players like Toxic , me n few others. As i told u just stuf boi the hotsauce gone into ur Brain

18. The Savage

The Savage Traveling journalist

What do you mean dr.seake was released upon "Our" suggestion in the free rotation it was me who addressed putting newest heroes and others in the free rotation and from what I recall from that, you disagreed with me and supported Lachie point of view.
    I disagree not every hero on that list was op which means they don't do it on purpose, sadly the lottery for releasing new heroes was cut out from the rising update so there's not really any way of getting the heroes for free the easiest way which is farming for golden tickets. Anyway the problem with gameloft is that they need to test these heroes out before releasing them and I mean let a professional player handle that, idk if hoc has a pbe like other mobas but if they don't they need one so that players can help test the new features, content and experiments that aren't yet ready to improve gameplay and the experience.

19. Mixar

Mixar Well-Known Member

Let him do what he does. If he can kill Lingyue with a disabler+allies easier than he can a Kurzdor, I wouldn't doubt it. If he calls Meng easy to kill that's great, he figured out his plan.

20. crash_lord

crash_lord Retired

Hmmm.... nice analysis meteo. If we see from rising update. new heroes are op or strong. except lilith and seake

And then, perse and frost still not nerfed enough imo

bink92 likes this.