"Is Gameloft releasing OP heroes to make more money", and other balancing discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by meteorologist, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

I do agree the dev is shit, thats why I quit already.

2. Entropy

The old Mirgrove is really weak, low damg scale, single target jellyfish, long cd jellyfish compare to the rework one.
    The only advantage of the old Mirgrove is his ulti that dot base on his max mp, but still need his first and second to cc enemy when using ulti, otherwise enemy can easily run out of the ulti area.

3. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

with frost bolt to keep them in the aoe, and jellyfish being single-target to fully proc arrogance cloak, he could wipe out enemies (even with magic armor) easily. He was not "
    ", you just never saw a really good one

4. Entropy

I doublt so, consider that damg scale, he is better play as support.
    That high damg can only work at early game, mid and late game he fall back very quick, that why people keep asking for rework.
    Even with all magic def reduction, with that low damg scale, late game he cant do much damg but can be easily kill by any other heroes.

5. lxlhotsaucelxl

lxlhotsaucelxl Active Member

I'm still playing for now,
    Pro: fun moba when balanced, Android app can play anywhere I go

Con: too many to list

6. Nathan Jeager

Nathan Jeager Active Member

i know i know, just trolling around :couchpotato:

7. meteorologist

You can doubt in theory. I've done it in reality. As he transitioned into late game, he transitioned from reliance on 1 and 2 skills to reliance on the ultimate

8. Mixar

Mixar Well-Known Member

Android. I've always played Anioah, it's that I rarely see anyone else using her. I wouldn't say she's. op but really good. I mean I've killed a fully fed leb before but at the cost of all 6 of my skills and 90% of my hp.

The Savage likes this.
  9. Entropy

I am not doubt in theory, I use elemental a lot back the day. I know his weakness. I know his ulti can do lots of damg, cause of it scale with max mp. But his ulti have relative small area. Consider most of players now buy pendant (in high rank game), that can easily cancel your combo and make them save. This is a new item didnt have back to the old day, also with currently more and more op hero, I dont think he can be good without any rework. At least the new Mirgrove can switch his role from Adc to support, but the old one can only play Adc at begin, mid and late game, he just completely fall back.

meteorologist likes this.
  10. Entropy

You can try VG, but for me, I will just not playing moba for a while.

11. atmsx

atmsx Member

I guess another hero that's pretty strong right now that I don't see anybody using is minotaur. His 25% speed and attack speed reduction is pretty crazy. His healing orb has a cd of just 7 seconds and a passive stun every 4 seconds. If you run zealots horn, you pretty much make your team unstoppable. And if your carry is about to die, pop your resurrect on him then run in circles trolling your enemies because a frotzel is about to spawn behind them and get a huge killstreak. Also, lets not mention the fact that minotaur has one of the highest base speed in the game so you will pretty much outrun almost everyone. But biggest factor, he is actually fun to play with.
    A lot of players underestimate his attack speed reduction and healing power. If you run immortality and favor tablet, you and your partner will be unkillable.

12. dmspker

dmspker Active Member

Only good at paper is it , have you actually tried playing or tanking two "professionals" who knows how game works , you'll be just ignored and your stuns , reductions will have no effect , your presence unsuficient, ofc you could go split push of be a helper when breaking the force , but come on , you need something of higher caliber , I doubt a resurrection at cost of 100 damage will make it any easier for your team , just pick akuba if you're about that healing.

13. atmsx

atmsx Member

Yeah, I've used him a lot. A 500 heal orb running only a wand is nothing to sneeze at. You'll also be healing almost 200 from first skill that only has a CD of 4 seconds. You can also take turns stunning the first guy. Then attack the second guy to stun him. Then stun the first guy again. I build my minotaur as a tank. +150 physical defense with a 25℅ attack speed reduction with one second out of every four being stunned reduces your damage output a lot.
    Meanwhile, my teammate has +40℅ attack speed and a bunch of heals.

14. qwerty1124

qwerty1124 Active Member

just off topic, i cant log in. i wonder if yall experience the same problem?

15. lxlhotsaucelxl

Android world server been down for a few hours on my end.

16. qwerty1124

qwerty1124 Active Member

thanks mate, appreciated

17. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

Because it's a blanket statement to claim wrong on Gameloft's side. Everyone who I've seen making an OP hero as p2w has said it in the lines of "Wow GL fck p2w cause hero OP they want runes" with not much substance and coherence to their sentences.

Truth be told, they just suck at balancing in general and don't really take the time to test anything prior to release.

Noir likes this.
  18. meteorologist

Did u realize ur wrongness yet? xD

19. lxlhotsaucelxl

He was in a tourney game, got to witness first hand so us minions dont know what we talking about. Anyone who said lingyue is op is talking kraykray. If made available for runes she would be #1 used hero because she is cute, not op. We need to get our butts off HIS high horse and prob go back to playing coop until we reach his level of G.O.Dlike status.