[Jombraa] Onyx's guide to Planeswalker

Discussion in 'Guardian Guides' started by ONYX, Oct 17, 2015.

1. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

I've recently optimized my Jombraa setup, and I've had incredible results. So incredible in fact, that I might spend a few hours making a guide to share it with you all!

I'm not going to tell you how to play him because it's pretty self explanatory and I'm assuming you already know how he works. This is an optimization guide which helps you be the best Jombra you can be.

Jombraa is a very special hero. He gets exclusive benefits due to his nature of being a manaless healing mage tank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I know you may be thinking
    "Toxicity? Whaaat?"
    But trust me,
    Once you start getting into mid-late game, toxicity is devastating. I don't think I'd use toxicity with any other hero, but it's because Jombraa is manaless and has an amazing heal which makes toxicity a very strong tablet. I can lane perfectly with Jombra, because literally all I have to do is poke them and run away, they'll use their skills on me and waste their mana, toxicity will hurt them, and I'll continue kiting and healing forever... Its like the ultimate troll from level 1 .Bro the shit is OP for real.

Important shit: leech and CD inscriptions.
    Don't ignore that. Jombra benefits strongly from every increase In leech and CD he gets. The combination of Jombraa's passive leech, leech inscriptions, and talents, I get around 19% leech without a single leech item. Along with hermetist cloak and immortality tablet makes for surprisingly impressive heals from his aoes.

I max Jombraa's 3rd skill first. I find the infinite sustain and incredible Immortality heals to be the most worth-while.

The right items are crucial, and hermetist should always come first after your squires. The hardest part is getting to the hermetist. Once you have it, you should start thinking about your next item.
    Your next item depends on how the game is going. If you've gotten 2-3 kills/assist early in the game, and you feel mostly confident against the enemy team, I would recommend buying a leviathains cloak next. It will provide you with a total 31 pierce magic defense, which helps the effectiveness of your herm cape. You will do significantly more damage at this point when you have both herm and leviathan.

Personally, I think leviathain cloak combined with hermetist cape is all the offense you need on jomb for most games as toxicity will do significant damage. Toxicity makes building super tanky more viable, because the longer an enemy is attacking you, and the more you are healing, the more they are killing themselves because of Hades and toxicity. I can't tell you how fun it is to poke people with Jombra late game and watch elf shoot her flurry arrow at you and she gets hit for 270 damage from toxicity (outbreak proc) + 80 Hades reflect damage. She got hurt more by her flurry than I did lol. Love it. Toxicity is a monster late game against players with hermetist due to constant proc. Just hug them and watch the 180's start popping, sometimes 270 #skilloutbreak. People don't fully appreciate toxicity. It is a tank tablet, period, and I probably wouldn't use it on anything other than eferen, helmm, or Jombra, the healing tanks who have trouble with damage output.

[​IMG]

This is a common mid game build for me, I'll buy mage armour if it's really needed. Try to keep high hp because you'll have a bigger range in which to activate your heal below 20% for immortality and lessen the risk of dying instead. Honestly if you were against a team of mainly fighters, I'd build exactly like this, and finish SSOD next. End game builds depend on the enemy strengths. High attack speed bothering you? Spider Queen great choice :) nymphs relic is great when using favour, combined with inscriptions and talents, you can get 45% CD with only nymphs relic. Getting as close to 45% CDR is important to heal quickly, in addition to reducing the quite long ult CD.

All in all, toxicity on Jombra makes him much more agressive, and it's a completely game-changing experience using it, as opposed to using favour tablet and being more of a support tank.

Thanks for reading my short guide. I just wanted to share my tips on how to get the most out of Jombraa and getting the word out on toxicity. Its got a spot in the meta in my book. :) Questions, comments? Feel free!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  2. The Holy Lollipop

The Holy Lollipop Well-Known Member

Extremely helpful guide, thanks for sharing.
    Would Favor be a feasible second choice over Immortality? I find that I am often getting stunned/silenced when my HP bar is close to running out, so I never get to use Immortality's effect.

3. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

Favor is great. And immortality is good. I wouldn't sacrifice immortality for favor, I'd sacrifice one of The others.

4. Swedishviking

Swedishviking Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'd replace immortality with either assistance or Desecration

5. Baconhero

Baconhero Active Member

+1 Excellent Guide !. It really does help.

If there are something that i would add are your Talents. You MUST put 1 point into Mana adept (reduce Mana cost by 10%), it actually also reduces his HP Cost. I know it doesn't make sense but that is how it works. Also about your Guardian Talents, i think it's better to put points into HP Increase per level than only 2 Damage Reduction, but that's just my opinion.

About your Tablet: Rage is really great on him. Combine with Fast Healer + Your 3rd + Leech and you'll heal like a freakin beast!

Edit: I just got some questions. Beside Jombraa, are there any heroes you would recommend running Toxicity on? Heroes such as Tryptic and Redtrophi. Both of them are tanky af, Tryptic even has a heal and a similar Ulti to Jomb's. Just wondering...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  6. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

Mana adept reduces Jombraa's hp costs by 10%? You're sure? If this is true I will change this. Also toxicity on helmm is great. Toxicity on tryptic might be good, I still have to do some testing building tryptic tank. If he can make a good tank, then yeah I'd use toxicity.

7. Baconhero

Baconhero Active Member

I'm 100% sure about the Mana Adept thing, at least that's for the last time i checked. Since there are no changes on Jomb as far as i'm concerned, the Mana Adept still holds true for him. You can check that out if you want.

How about Redtrophi? Should i build Toxicity on her?

8. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

I don't see why not. The tankiest of tanks benefit from it the most, especially the healers. The best hero to use toxicity is Jombra, because Jombra can infinite sustain with the heals. When I play Jombra, I WANT people to use their skills on me, because toxicity hurts them and I can just heal back the damage. I can outlane anyone with Jombra now, even elf.

Toxicity, rage, immortality. = infinitely agressive sustain. Literally nothing bothers you. Take a whole bunch of damage on purpose, heal it all back, win. :)

Baconhero likes this.
  9. Baconhero

Baconhero Active Member

I think you should use Rage on him though, instead of Protective and Immortality. The amount of Heal by Rage is insane when you have Fast Healer on, especially in late game when you have like 5k of HP. I would also replace Protective or Immortality with Desecration or Soul Eater. But that's just my opinion though, you're free to disagree

I really want to try this/your build out on Jomb, but the fact that Fast Healer and Leech Talents are getting nerfed hard in the next update which would be the end for Jomb because he depends so much on those Talents to stay competitive. This really reduces my incentives to invest on this blue guy. Lets just wait how things go

10. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

I think the upcoming nerf on talents will make Jombra good. Currently the way I am playing him is very OP. Toxicity is highly underrated.

11. Swedishviking

Swedishviking Well-Known Member Staff Member

Works wonders for fish

Tom matthews and ONYX like this.
  12. drama

drama Active Member

If i have jombra ill use toxicity Luv its true damage,i use it to kortav,fish,and other bruiser and tanks,and its quite fun to use,counterburn persistent horse,outdamage weak dots,see true damage pooping on their head, scares kirasath,standing on mystics wall,kurdzdor dots :cat:,and spreading damage in case they mob on u

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    ONYX likes this.
  13. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

Toxicity against kurzdor and horse is amazing. Same with kirasath, but you rarely see him. I love toxicity :). It's weak early game, but man is that thing sweet late game;). Great points you made

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015