[ Kortav ] dottorizoo's guide to <the Bloodletter>.

Discussion in 'Fighter Guides' started by Dottorizoo, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Dottorizoo

Dottorizoo Member

Pros: the 2nd better survival in game.
    very good against mages.
    Contros: not good as first adc carry.
    very weak if stunned or silenced.

Skill description:
    1) Predator: Kortav disappears from sight and reappears behind his target, leaving a decoy where he was previously.
    EFFECT: if the decoy is not destroyed within 5 seconds, it explodes and slows all nearby enemies by 30 % for 3 sec.
    NOTE: it can be used on your soldier or on your allies.

2) Piercing claw: Kortav focuses his deadly claws on on his target's weak point.
    ADDITIONAL EFFECT: using this skill from behind the target causes 3 % of the target's max hp as additional damage, and heals Kortav for 20 % of the total damage inflicted.

3) Rend & Tear: Kortav further rends is enemies' open wounds, leaving them bleeding heavily.
    EFFECT: reduces target's movement speed by 15 % for 3,5 seconds. deals 7 damage for each meter the target moves within 8 seconds. A target that moves 15 or more meters is stunned for 1 second.

Ulti) Cruel intentions: Passive: Kortav regenerates 1 % of his maximum hp every second while below 30 % hp
    Active: Kortav slips into the shadows, becoming invisible and leaving a decoy on the ground. If the decoy is not destroyed within 5 seconds, it explodes and slows all nearby enemies by 30 % for 3 sec.

Skill build: 1,2,3(kortav needs all of his skill to work well),2,2,ulti,2,3,ulti,3,3,ulti,1,1,1.

Talent build:
    Support: 5 quikenrun.
    Guardian: 3 resilient, 2 toughness and 3 fasterhealer.
    fighter: 4 sharp, 5 proficient, 5 sharpen, 5 armor busting, 3 find weakness, 1 fatal damage, 3 siphon and 1 biting.
    I think that this talent build is the best because it is more focused on survival that on pure damage. Guardian talents works very well with your ulti and this allows you to stay more on battlefield so MORE EXP and GOLD>MORE STRONG.

Tablets:
    Immortality: a MUST have it helps with your ulti,your harvest and with your 2nd skill.
    Bloodlust: it guarantees a very good damage.
    Purity: more tankinsness (again MORE SURVAVAL>MORE EXP and GOLD>MORE STRONG).
    Wispering less mana Kortav is the ungrier fighter of mana (it is also a good alternative for bloodlust in 3 vs 3).
    It used to play on train map with immortality, bloodlust and purity (I'm a purity lover for me it is one of the best tablets in game).
    Iscription:
    Chaos: torture Order: destruction and wind.

Item build:
    1) starts with 2 squirrel.
    2) boots.
    3) (if the game is quite i buy vampire teeth it helps a lot with farming and survival if the game has a lot of kills both ways buy 1 facebreaker).
    4) buy what you haven't bought at point 3.
    5) another facebreaker.
    6) wings of paradise.
    7) sell the squirrels and buy akhan saber.
    8) finish savage boots.
    9) finish jade axe.
    10) facebreaker.
    11) finish akahn cutlass.
    12) finish divinity sword.
    13) buy minotaur mask.
    14) you can choose within hades armor for + hp + fdef and his passive or draconican blood mask for + hp regen and healed faster by your passive both are good.
    15) sell vampire ( you can say that it isn't a good item,but for me it works very good i buy it early game and sell only if i haven't more space for my final build.
    16) situational item: at this point of the game i build it basing on my teamates and on other team:
    you can choose between:
    another cutlass ( it will bring your attack speed to 2,48 perfect!) good against mages and if you have a good pure tank in team.
    another defensive item or what you haven't builded on 14 point or farseeth cloat against goroshia or king errant's cloat against sia and balondis.
    Longbow of shadows against tanks ( for fighting jombra and cyclops king errant is better because if you cast your 1 skill correctly you can escape from jombra's ulti and before 2nd hit of polithemus ulti the only thing that you need is a near ally on whitch use your 1st skill) or fighter that have builded an armor.

Questions: Why kortav isn't good as first adc carry? Because every kortav should be a bit codard. Kortav can be a good fighter, but he is made up for chasing and escaping very fast, so when you think that you'll die decoy and escape (attention on farseeing tonic).

For your skill combo you have to lern the distinction between running enemies-fighting enemies:
    For running enemies the best combo is 1,3,2 in the most part of fight they are: goldfur, gaia, arcane, guervus, machry, mystic, dailiana, evistix, nuut, aria, elf, savaer, klinth, lathier, demonlord, battlemage and clip.
    For fighting enemies the best combo is 1,2, ( 3 if they try to escape or 4 if you need 1-3 second of heal of your ulti) in the most part of the fights they are:kotun, jombra, erefern, rockfist, 12 b, balondis, valox, pally, cyclops, reega, acridix, mingrove, goroshia, arpy, doom profet, akartu, sand, reborn, chameleon, inqui, demon, helmm, minotaur, sia.
    Of course it's only a my statistic and it depends of the player himself!!!

ATTENTION:
    Mingrove: starts to run only because he wants space between him and you then i'll get back on track. Give attention on his slows.
    Balondis': silece can be your death ,because you cannot escape with your skills don't carry him if you not sure that you'll defeate him.
    Goroshia: many goroshia use their ulti when you try to use your first kill so trolling method: when you are adhering him immidiatly stop and if you're lucky he will waste his ulti.
    inqui: CLONES RECARGE INTENSITY AND HIS INTESITY WILL ADHERE YOU AND NOT YOUR CLONES!!! the only way to defeat him (if escaping isn't possible) is put your ulti and wait in brushes, debronee's intensity on it then 1rst skill 3rd skill (2nd if he try to run) and normal attack ( you must be very fast you have only 3 sec!).
    Sia: your worst nightmare escaping from her is very very difficult carrying her is very difficult you have only 10 % of chances to defeat her try only if you have more than 2 lvl diffence.
    Clip and klinth: are categorized like running enemies ( and catching them is almost impossible).It is untrue if they are in company. Keep attention to brushes and keep attention they can see you when you are invisible so your clones don't work on them.
    Paladin: he is op you have no chance against him from 3 reasons: 1 he surpasses your survability (the only hero), 2 your slow/stun is really easy to avoid by his ulti and 3 has better defence and better attack.
    Doom prophet: he is very good against kortav, the only thing that i suggest is fight you cannot avoid his combo stunk silence so fight, if the silence finishes escape.
    Sand: i suggest 1rst skill 2nd skill combo and fight within dead you will not able to escape from his ultimate.
    Demonhunter: his my worst problem always i use the combo 1rst 2nd and auto-attack result he opens me like a can (he is the only ranged adc that don't run,in facts he starts attacking).

If you have any question comment the tread.
    That's all folks.Gl and enjoy a lot with him.

2. yololtroll

yololtroll Well-Known Member

First, work on your grammar and vocabulary. It is a problem for everyone at the beginning, even American like me.
    Secondly, getting Jade Axe and Savage Boots first is not quite convincing to me. You should always get a Cutlass before an Ax since piercing effects will be more effective with a higher attack speed rate.

3. Bloodexorcist

Bloodexorcist Active Member

Shitty guide . It's better to go one spear , one axe and fury blades with normal boots for mid game items
    Then into bow to arkhans or divinity with necessary defensive items if needed . And skill builds can also vary . If you want more team impact upgrading his first and third skill is much better than some extra burst. These two abilities give escape potential and chase potential while still offering your team stuns and slows. The itemization and guide are amateur and understudied . Please study the hero more before making optimized guides . Sorry if I was being rude

4. Dottorizoo

Dottorizoo Member

Thx for reading. My english is so bad i know. The problem is that in italy there aren't hoc forums. For the cutlass you can build it before jade axe, for boots no you have to escape very fast.

5. Quang

Quang Active Member

We'll aren't you guys nice -.- why don't you try and help him instead of saying all this crap

Leo798(7) likes this.
  6. Dottorizoo

Dottorizoo Member

Thx for reading. the spear is a mid game item for cutlass and as i said first you can build akhan before jade axe. For the skillbuild i don't agree the only good thing in upgrading skill 1 is only a cd reduction.

7. Bloodexorcist

I also thought this but cd reduction is an amazing investment for a chasing/escaping mechanism . It's not that the second skill is horrible and dumb it's just his third and first skill have much more versatility and usefulness

8. Dottorizoo

Dottorizoo Member

Yes they have more versatility but 2nd skill if used well deals a very good damage, 4 meters range, very fast to cast and good for finish off an enemy. Also if you invest in cd reduction you will use more skills and they will cost more so less mana. Ex in your inqui you max first 3rd? It is great for chasing/escaping and for cd reduction.

9. Bloodexorcist

Haha inqu is a different story . It's because his second skill is on a god level of usefulness and needs to be maxed just due to damage and invulnerability . On the other hand kortav doesn't have an amazing one hit wonder and relies on timing and foresight to use correctly. Kortavs kill potential doesn't come from insane burst but rather the enemy not being able to escape from a slow and a stun that raises as the skill is upgraded . Yes his third skill only deals 150-200 damage in a normal scenario where he continues to run but also gets stunned. In this time you can fit more then enough auto attacks to finish of the enemy against non Tanky heroes .

10. O 3o

O 3o Member

I usually do this

1-3-2-2-2-4-2-3-3-4-3-1-1-1

That way you can start Ganks as early as level 2.

I usually start 2 squires then build facebreaker, wings of paradise, facebreaker, fury blade, ahkan cutlass, ahkan sabre/longbow, fury blade.... Etc..

So mid game I usually will have

Squire
    Squire
    Ahkan cutlass
    Longbow of shadows
    Ahkan sabre
    Boots.

Then later I would sell squire to make space for another facebreaker or claymore or armor if need be

That's pro itemization

11. yololtroll

yololtroll Well-Known Member

Nah, just don't rush boots first. I would rather just keep it brown for a long time since even you upgrade the boots, the speed is kinda the same (Old 0.40, Savage 0.65).

12. Bloodexorcist

You get a speed buff from first skill so you don't need boots

13. Redmanc

Redmanc DUX

Agree'd, Although Both make good points, Bloods "shitty guide" comment is not surprising.

I think the divinity is vital for kortav,
    Its good that the farseeing has been nerfed, because he's pretty useless late game before that.
    Also, you should build cutlass first if you are first target, if your not theres not much point. the bow or divinity would be better choices IMO.

14. gz_kld

gz_kld Member

Start with 2 Squirrel. Lol lmfao

15. Kezer

Kezer New Member

I'd still use Surprise talent, etc. for Kortav.

16. SteelHeart87

SteelHeart87 Member

What's this speed buff your talking about? I can't see in any of his skills that he gets a speed buff.

17. ChaoticHavoc

ChaoticHavoc New Member

Its not shown but being invisible will increase your speed by a certain amount, so Kortavs first and ultimate will give him speed buff :D

18. Lovelydood

Lovelydood Member

How much is the increase? It cant be very much because I have never noticed it before.

19. Lovelydood

Lovelydood Member

I checked the speed buff. Ult doesn't give u one at all. predator gives u a (50% ?) speed buff while invis

20. ✫✫™

✫✫™ AoV/HOC Username: greenjellyfish3

Here is a tip: have talent that maximizes healing and defense, have tablets that maximizes defense,skill CDTR (cooldown time reduction), and have inscriptions that give HP (almost anything else helps, even piercing and mana).
    In the game, you can build all defense with the following build: Hades Armor/Zealot's Horn, Dull Vine Shield/Valkyrian Robes, Nymph's Relic, Any boots (besides Firewalker, Choose based on enemy's strengths), Soul of Dragons/Blinding Aegis, Essence Stealer/Hermetist's Cape/Purifying Pendant.
    If the enemy is heavy on physical damage, use Hades over Horn. If lots of magical attack is present, buy Robes over Shield. Horn + Shield let you cripple skill/mana spammers like Meng. If there is a healer or two, buy Essence over Cape & Pendant (use Cape if there are no healers and many high-damage enemies. Use Pendant to help your team's support or when you are at low HP and can't take many hits). If there isn't a lot of stun, buy Savage or Tempest Boots (if there is, buy Chain Boots. [Note: Savage Boots increase attack speed and works well with Dull Vine Shield. Tempest Boots works well for speedy enemies or for running] ). Blinding Aegis cripples heroes with lots of attack speed but little armor, while Soul of Dragons lets your Ulti heal more HP and lets you a bit of damage. Nymph's Relic is used for more healing, as well as mana/HP regen, and speed.

If anyone is curious how this build works in battle, let me know by replying to this (yes, I still check the Forum sometimes). Feel free to let me know what you think of this tank/support-style build.