kotun needs a nerf

Discussion in 'Nerfs and Buffs' started by jonchow, Jan 1, 2015.

1. jonchow

jonchow New Member

kotun, as a guardian, has too high potential as a carry. Although he fades off late game, he has high dominance in early and mid game, in addition to his farming prowess. Most people build him with physical att, rarely with def, which makes him even more of a threat with higher dps and skill dmg. Plus he has a longer range fight initiation than pala, so u'll roughly have an idea hes definitely better than pala(in terms of dmg and team contribution). If you all agree or have different opinions with regards to mine feel free to comment and fill me in.

2. Jacke0

Jacke0 I love Akise

I think my build with tank is the best yet
    Hades-hermist firey thing - an armor that gives 60 phy def and 60 magic def - dragon thing - king killer
    - the last item depends on enemies ... Much magic buy something def magic ..... Normal buy spider queen ....
    By the way he is totally op and i agree with a nerf of his skills scaling .... High brust totally ... He needs nerf ....
    Maybe lower 3d skill scaling .... Lower the slow speed on his first skill+ ulti - increase range on 2 skill but lower scaling to 20% ..... Ulti is fine tho

3. SuchDogeVeryWow

SuchDogeVeryWow Active Member

All lottery heroes were pretty much OP. My bets are that he's getting a nerf when Equellia releases, and she'll be the new lottery hero.

4. Arcticfate

Arcticfate New Member

Yep. Gl will release Equellia into the lottery and make Kotun 560 runes. 2 weeks later, after everyone has bought him, he'll get the fox treatment :)

5. Volcanic

Volcanic Member

I have Kotun, so perhaps you might think me as biased, but he's above average. I don't consider him a monster.

Any DPS machine can wreck him completely. Namely Battle Engineer, Evistix, Chameleon, Inquisitor, etc.

Battle Mage (Whom I personally feel needs a slight nerf) makes him her b#tch. And pretty much any bulkily built mage can fair decent against him.

If you can withstand his initiation, he's pretty straightforward and turns into an auto attacking machine with no trump cards and slow natural attack speed. And his negating 3rd skill is far worse than Paladins ult, so I don't get why people compare the two.

Again, I get that since I own him that might make it hard to believe my side of the story, but personally the only reason I see him as somewhat banworthy is because he can farm bad teammates quickly and more easily than most characters, putting said team at a larger disadvantage. Same reason I ban Elf. She farms mediocre\bad teammates like soldiers and becomes incredibly hard to come back against, but I don't find her OP.​

6. jonchow

jonchow New Member

@Arcticfate couldnt have said it better!
    @volcanic after reading ur post i do somewhat agree. I was in one game where kotun had first blood and it remained 1-0(team score) for about 15minutes. In that game, kotun was showing who's boss by just rushing and slowing, which took out almost half my hp(i was playing archimtiros). HALF MY HP! With only 1 kill! I was playing 3v3, in which it is harder to capitalise on mistakes than most 5v5 games. That was why i felt he needs a nerf. The good thing is he scales off late game especially during games in under realm ruins where games last till 40min+(speaking from experience). Thats a good thing!

7. Akise

Akise no longer Detective

You're right @Volcanic, Kotun is Anioah's free bubble gum kool-aid.

At least, I pretty much make sure he doesn't get all his combo off, forcing him to use his 3rd skill early :D

8. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

Only reason why Anioah can 'survive' kotun is because kotun can't stun, and she's only strong enough late game. Kotun has one of the strongest AoEs (combining indomitable with auto attack, he can do more damage than migrove's ultimate), the most Crippling AoE slow at a whopping 60%, has the best shield-defensive passive, and the second longest gap closer in the game.

Kotun is Op, and is one of the monster noob heroes that takes essentially no skill or thinking in relation to the amount of damage he can inflict. As long as you build him as a fighter, only a few heroes can take him on.

Elf is cheap simply because her ultimate forces her opponents to spend money on wards, which in itself is a big advantage. However, she's squishy even if you buy hades and is killable. Kotun late game regenerates a shield that's 25% of his max hp every 10 seconds. That is op.

9. ThinIce

Kotun's indomitable (skill negation) may not be as good as paladin's ultimate, but keep in mind it still works in similar fashion. Several times I've tried stunning Kotun and it doesn't work. Also, you can't deny that it comes with a regenerating shield, the AoE, the far less cooldown, and far less mana cost than paladin's shield ultimate. Late game it costs maybe a third of the mana needed for paladin for more bonuses. That is why paladin is compared inferior to kotun.

10. piyoni

piyoni New Member

i started to play with kotun for about a week. i only play 3v3 pvp.

i totally agree @volvanic kotun is not OP but above average.

if enemy heroes focus on him in the lane he can be out-leveled easily in 3v3 map. So imo you should start with top jungle. if your team mates die frequently in the lane, it will be very hard to turn the match.

i think he is the slowest hero in movement and att. speed. then you should strengthen his weak points.( like soul eating tablet etc.)

if you build kotun as a fighter the shield is nearly useless imo . if you build him as a tank u can not win most matches. he is not a good tank or may be i did not get use to play with him.

anyway that is what i saw from my 1 week experience. :)

11. ThinIce

In competitive threes, you lane with him as the carry. Easily builds up damage if you're the farm. Have a mage bot and another tank top, and you're a monster. If kotun becomes available with emblems, everyone will buy him.

12. NguyenHuuBrian

NguyenHuuBrian Active Member

If Kotun Gets A Nerf I Would Also Suggest Nerfing Horse's Ult Range To A Lower Distance

13. Lachie95

Lachie95 Forum Lurker

Horse is fine, no need to nerf him.

14. jonchow

jonchow New Member

you said it yourself, 'if your teammates die frequently in the lane, it will be very hard to turn the match'. more so if your teammates are average, and u are trying ur best to solo hyper carry but that is soo hard..

15. NguyenHuuBrian

NguyenHuuBrian Active Member

Only If Kotun's distance Gets Nerfed. people would seriously start complaining

16. takemedown101

takemedown101 Active Member

He will get nerf after he could be bought for runes. He is my ban number 1 till that happens