Lets discuss the most useless ultimate in game.

Discussion in 'General' started by Entropy, May 21, 2016.

1. mythreaper

mythreaper Active Member

Dolly's ult is totally useless and pointless. I feel embarrassed using it

Elijael and sphynxi like this.
  2. Entropy

Entropy Well-Known Member

Normally cats ulti need to combo with her red crawl pull. Use the red pull to move behind enemy and by pass the soldier wall, then use her ulti to push enemy to ur teammate. Ofc, sometimes u can just use her ulti as escape.

3. Entropy

And even you are lucky to hit your target, it still only stun for .5sec (if i remember correctly), the reward doesnt match her difficult. If they can change the stun duration depends on the distance it travel, it will be much better.

4. Entropy

The skill itself may not be that powerful, but at least they are usefull somehow.

5. 33heatwave45

33heatwave45 Active Member

Akartu's ult is the most useless to me. It's a major drop in DPS, it doesn't push someone nearly far enough to be very useful, and the animation and move speed takes too long to be useful as an escape. That skill needs a definite rework, because it just doesn't do anything well.

I have no love for Rockfist's ult now either, but at least it can be used as an escape that negates control effects. That makes it marginally better than Akartu's ultimate.

6. Riley12301

Riley12301 Shmoo Staff Member

Khlints ult op

7. hemphoarder

hemphoarder Member

Akartu, goroshia, Khlint, nuut(did her ult ever get fixed to reflect the right damage on low health heroes), have imo some of the weakes ults. But overall I think the ults are done well in HOC.

8. DragonFire92x

DragonFire92x Dead God

Akartu's ult is not meant for damage. You usually use it when you red claw an enemy and want to push them back towards your teammates or move in a direction (usually to get away) while negating the slows on you.

DexterVist and mmg556 like this.
  9. Mutedfaith

Mutedfaith Well-Known Member

I don't remember off the top of my heaf bu t, doesn't the description imply that in fact it should do heavy damage? I seem remember reading something like that.

10. DragonFire92x

DragonFire92x Dead God

Sorry let me clarify. The people who use Akartu effectively don't use it for damage.

DexterVist likes this.
  11. mmg556

mmg556 Lena Oxton

As dragon said, all you people claiming akartu's ult is useless must not have played her very much. The idea isn't to wipe someone out and drop heavy damage, it's to red claw behind the enemy and then use the ult to single out the enemy carry and push them over to the safety of your team.

Akartu isn't supposed to be a heavy dps anyway, she's more of a bruiser/utility with her pulls and mid-late game her damage falls off hard anyway.

Also surprised nobody has mentioned kiraseth ult. Pathetic ult imo, literally its only use is to give you a target to chain to with your buff.

Riley12301 and DexterVist like this.
  12. Entropy

Again, cats ulti is not mean to be a escape, it is consider as a push combo with her red claw. Blue claw cant pass soldier, but red claw combo with ulti can.

13. Entropy

Goroshia ultimate have too much delay. Imo, others are fine.

14. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

Pro tip, using Skale's ultimate and then his second skill on top of it immediately after can deal burst of hundreds of damage. I haven't played in a while, but I remember Skale's unspoken combo was super dangerous.

15. DexterVist

DexterVist Active Member

Thank you fellow cat fanatic,

Not every ultimate is meant for crowd control and high damage whereas some are utility based...

May the paws be with meow!

16. Entropy

The new hero harvester ultimate are way too much better than cat. His ulti can pass through wall, but cat cant. His ultimate can catch more than one hero, but cat can only catch one. His ulti seem drag longer and faster compare to cat. It seems cat ulti need some kind of buff, cause Harvester can do the same, but much better in term of every aspect.

17. Entropy

I really want to see some pro tips about how and when should use rock fist ultimate.

18. MyLastDreams

MyLastDreams Well-Known Member

I'm not to sure about that. Yea he has a better uitmate but Akartu still has much more displacement options and crowd control.

19. Entropy

One of greatest weakest or counter of Cat is that, all clone from hero like Qui or Vieglos count as hero, which make the cat impossible to pull the real one, even if you know who is the real hero, since the fake one is always on his way between you and real hero.

20. 33heatwave45

33heatwave45 Active Member

I don't disagree with you about Akartu's ult. The fact that it is a huge drop in DPS means that it shouldn't be used for damage, but used instead for utility in the just the way that you describe. My problem, however, is that I don't think the skill is even very good at this task. It just feels like it takes too long to animate, and Akartu doesn't even move that quickly when she uses the skill. Compared to Lu Yunfei, who can warp behind a target and kick them into kingdom come, and then warp to the target once more, or the Harvester, whose ult activates extremely quickly, Akartu's ult just feels like it takes too long and doesn't do enough. If it pushed someone a little farther and a little faster, I would feel much better about it.