Making some melee fighters ranged?

Discussion in 'General' started by Makisu, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Makisu

Makisu Active Member

Since we lack ranged fighters, what if we just made some of the melee ones ranged where appropriate.

For example, Kagax is very underused with a out of date kit. But what if kagax was ranged? He is kit is nice for a bruiser but its one of those kits thats either overpowered or underpowered. His kit however however also suits a ranged playstyle. (Torturous Cleave could just be changed to a ranged excecute) He could just throw his cleavers instead of hitting ppl with them. This is a very rough idea that I just wanted to share. Its not serious or anything but its creative

Another example could be Evistix.He could throw his axes and his kit is very well suited for a ranged carry.

Cham also has a nice ranged kit, he could spit acid at his targets from range instead. (although his gao closer is a weird one.. could just make it a ranged knock up)

Marathius has a nice ranged kit (again except gap closer is a weird one) He could just use his sword thing to shoot bullets instead.

Sand walker could throw his javelin thingy and his range could be increased on his abilities. (he also has a gap closer so yeah its weird)

Kortav is also pretty underpowred but I cant see making his kit ranged.

Most of these heroes arent too popular so thats why im mainly choosing them. They dont have a place in the meta as such. This idea is kinda crazy and would never happen but its just a thought I wanted to share for sonething that could possibly kill two birds with one stone. (Underplayed melee fighters changed to ranged thus 1. increasing ranged fighter pool and 2. making viable heroes)

2. Saint7502

Saint7502 Well-Known Member

Evistix is still meta a three second stun, full heal, and movement speed boost with insane attack speed is good to me, if Evi isn't focused in a team fight you are going to lose no matter what. But on the topic I really don't think any of these fighter should be ranged besides Kagax but other then that the other heroes skill sets would be wierd ranged and really isn't needed. I can't really say all of these heroes are up but to easy to counter and if not countered they rekt, which all mobas have these type of heroes so I can't say all of them need buffs but reworks maybe.

3. Makisu

Makisu Active Member

Dudeee

Be more open minded. I believe all their kits could be ranged.

Kagax definetly.

Sand easy. He has a dash. What moba has adcs that dont have dashes (lucian, graves ect) Just remove the dmg on his dash and make it deal extra on his next auto attack.

Marathius. This one seems soo fun. Think of it like tristana from LoL. So what he has a jump. So does tristana. His ult could be changed to a graves style ult (Shoots target in the face with bomb from range and upon hitting explodes in a cone behind)

Evistix is a monster yeah. He is viable but i just threw him in cause why not. Best he left untouched.

Cham has a nice kit with his skins mechanic. Spit thingy and a nice ult. His gap closer could just be made a ranged knock up.

I would find this so fun and interesting. I love adcs. Gets kinda dull seeing aria and elf over and over. And playing them aint no fun too but every team needs an adc. (Gameloft dont seem to be in no rush to release more)

4. TheDarkSoul117

TheDarkSoul117 Well-Known Member

I get the feeling this should be in the lounge...

I think the only heroes this could be viable on is kagax and possibly sand walker. Their skillset would have to be reworked as well, you can't just change their range to 8m and leave it like that =p

5. Saint7502

Or 7m; guervus has 7 meters :3

6. Makisu

Makisu Active Member

Lol.. Did I not say they could be changed lol.. Please read.. Think outside the box a little people.. Damn

7. Saint7502

But these heroes don't need to be reworked like Skale and helm(well helm just needed a slight buff ) they just need slight buffs.

8. Makisu

Makisu Active Member

True but why buff them slightly. Thats boring. Make something interesting and useful at of them ay? Idk.. I would just feel so hyped if there was an update to make these heroes ranged. Wouldnt you?

9. Saint7502

No, I would just prefer them to come out with new heroes with new skill sets then reworking all the old heroes. People can become extremely good with old heroes and they may not be viable anymore but when they become buff people who was devoted to that hero get the reward they deserve. People have mains and some people don't want those mains to go away.

10. tacticianx

tacticianx Active Member

im like in the middle, i want new heroes with unique skills, which gameloft has provided with the last two, but all the new mages coming out being so much better than the old ones makes me sad. They are also easy to use. I feel greedy, i basically want new heroes that are unique and require skill to use to be good, while the old ones are buffed to atleast be in the meta.

Seeing the elf, guerv, helmm buffs tho... i think getting new heroes is better, instead of always going in a loop of buff and nerf. I dont get why the heroes like mystic/goro/gaia who need more of a buff get a minor one, while these 3 get ones that put them at the top for their classes

11. Saint7502

Yeah I do hope for Mystic to get a passive rework and then he will truly be very viable and competitive. Gaia the only buff I can see on her is slightly buffing the scaling on her ulti to something around .55-.70. Goroshia needs a CDR buff;(mostly on his normal skills but not on his ulti) and maybe a natural slow on aoe skills to help him get closer to range carries with his ulti (something like 20% is very good IMO; nothing huge like Melina). But I don't want them getting reworks like acridix got, which is what the OP is suggesting on the melee carries. Slight buff, yes (not on Evi though) reworks,no.

12. mmg556

mmg556 Lena Oxton

No, keep the heroes how they are.

However in the future, stick to creating ranged fighters and not more melee.

13. iHealf

iHealf Member

U are kidding right? Currently the op heroes are ranged. Making those heroes ranged is stupid. Having ranged evistix? That must be a joke. Evistix is amazing, provided u know how to play him and have experience

14. Mutedfaith

Mutedfaith Well-Known Member

Ranged Evi= Draeznor with a gap closer, you serious?

15. Nfactorial

Nfactorial Member

It would be impossible for anyone to run away from him for sure. Instead of blinking to secure a kill, we would just see Evistix players sitting back and letting their range finish off the kill.

16. bobby mcjackson

bobby mcjackson Active Member

I look at your ideas, and no offense, actually fuck that, all the offense in the world, your buffs are always fricken stupid, as the great bobby mcjackson once said(btw can you hook me up with that guy, he sounds so wise), don't fix something that isn't broken. If you really want to make any of those heroes ranged, just throw them in the trash and make new heroes. Evistix would be way op with a range aa, he could just jump to target, use the second part of the 1st skill, stun, and then start aa without having to walk back up to them. Marthius's whole skill set revolves around being close to the target, sandwalker is already good enough, just need to increase the range, and reduce the casting time for his spit, and maybe make his ult single target but more damage(since I like to think of him as an assasin). Kortav just needs a passive on his 3rd skill in which the next attack after being invisible will be a crit and stun. The only one that actually makes sense is the kagax one, but his whole 3rd skill would need to be reworked since he could easily kite someone. k, Imma go smoke a cigar to calm myself down:cigar:.