Melina Spellman Post your Builds.

Discussion in 'Mage Guides' started by Herald_of_xotli, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Herald_of_xotli

Herald_of_xotli Active Member

Tempest, frost ring, stirring soul of dragon, arrogance cloak, stirring soul of dragon, saithion lolipop.

other people who I see build melina that buy searing orb, boneflame, staff of retribution can never beat me. She is more better with low Cooldowns because it lets u diversify your attacks. One key rule is to not ice an enemy first, only use ice as the finishing attack or as a defensive attack. If you use your ice first then your other two skills you will have to wait much longer to attack again then using your fire spell, slowspell, then ice. One other good tactic is to also burst people that u know u cant face directly somtimes then run away from them a short distance letting your skills be refreshed and repeat your attack. And thats were saithion lolipop comes in to help u retreat faster and go back in faster along with using tempest boots.

there is no need for magical damage when you can just have your cds much more lower and control the game very easy. When I play melina I do 2v3 with my partner just to make it more of a fun challenge too. I also use speed boots instead of blink because blink just gets you an easy kill while boots is more versatile in its use (using speed boots tablets as well) currently using courage tablet, speedboots tablet, and whisper tablet.

2. The Holy Lollipop

The Holy Lollipop Well-Known Member

I would replace boots late game because if you are slowed it won't really matter if you have boots or not, you'll still get overrun by the enemy.

3. Swedishviking

Swedishviking Well-Known Member Staff Member

Stirring, arrogance, hades, searing orb, chain boots and dullvine or rectitude. Can build differently depending on enemies. I Might get Boneflame wand instead of orb if my enemies aint stacking magical defs

4. shipodavid

shipodavid Active Member

Double stirring soul of the dragon? now i see why you think Firebow Gaia is a good thing

5. Produh

Produh Well-Known Member

Now, here we go again.......

5 stirring soul on melina obviously guys.

6. fireneg

fireneg RUSSIANS!!!!!@@@@@@ stop trashtalking and gtfo

You guys are just proving my point about me saying you are too basic when it comes to making item builds. Just cause firebow is labeled as a physical item and it has physical damage doesnt mean a magic hero cant use it. I obviously know its a physical item but what I do see is that it has 50% attack speed and crit with an aoe passive that does 50 damage to enemies around regaurdless of being physical or magical. And the fact I use an attack speed build for a RANGED mage hero makes perfect sense. If u dont beleive me I honestly couldnt care less about your basic mindsets because I am winning. You think that just cause the ripper isnt a mage item a mage shouldnt use it ? Haha. The ripper is beyond great for sia tidesinger when u add it with up with attack speed, tablet of toxicity,her dot trail and her dot normal attack, + your magical damage from other items. Yeah im not a basic item build person like alot of the players in game and thats what makes me stand out from everyone else and its what makes me win because I think beyond the level of basic thought.

Just cause your not used to seeing somthing out of normal doesnt mean you should bash it without testing it yourself. And no I dont play co-op if only you people were on android everyone will tell you how much I am a feared player on it.

On a serious note, i build 6 firebows. Fantastic attack speed, crit rate and good aoe

7. DragonFire92x

DragonFire92x One True God

I rather go essence of labulan over frost ring. It provides magic def, cd, and a skill in case you end up in the middle of a fight.

8. Dariusz

Dariusz Member

The good thing is when u attack with frost first u get full bonus of arrogance cloak plus the bonus of the last mage tier talent for the following attack ... forgot the name.
    So mostly i use 4 (ultimate) > 3 > 2 > 1 ... then i run and kite or stay for the kill.

Items:
    1. Arrogance
    2. Boneflame
    3. Defence: Hades or Stirring or Mdef

@fireneg:
    I am on Android, what's your IGN? Do you play ranked? What is your rank?

9. ~Xarams~

~Xarams~ YouTuber

Everything works for her, even physical items. She's op, she's doesn't even need items.

10. Azenhof

Azenhof Saved my life

Just build all boots, you'll still wreck everyone

Signose and Produh like this.
  11. Produh

Produh Well-Known Member

Give this man a cookie.

And take the cookie from the guy who didnt realize this is a copy and paste.

12. Herald_of_xotli

Herald_of_xotli Active Member

Haha these lowlife losers just came to derail yet another thread of mine because they have nothing better to do in their pathetic lifes. :)

13. Produh

Produh Well-Known Member

Those damn sheeple.

14. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

If you have seen any of my 2 guides (Molten Lord and Grey Witch), you will notice how I like to build tanky heroes and Melina is not the exception. Most of the time I play against other Melinas, I beat them once I have all my equipment:

NOTE: I just played her once with the same build I use on my Jombraa and it worked perfectly for me. So I continued playing with the same build over and over and I have not changed it.
    NOTE 2: This build is better to use on CUSTOM matches. Until this time no other Melina could beat me with this build. But in lvl1 matches with 1K, the Melina carry builds can take advantage on the 1st levels, but if this build's Melina can get all the items, the game turns against the opposite Melina.
    NOTE 3: If you notice, the only CD item is Stirring Soul, this is because she has already very fast CD, so you can spam their skills while still resist opposite attacks (because of her tankiness).
    NOTE 4: This build is effective in current update, but in next one Melina will be nerfed, so maybe in future this won't work as currently it does.

Items:
    -Arrogance Cloak
    -Stirring Soul of the Dragons
    -Boneflame Wand
    -Searing Orb
    -Hades (Phy Def)/Any other item (if physical attackers are not a problem)
    -Robes (Mag Def)/Zealoth's Horn (Phy Def if mages are not a problem)/Spider Queen's Embrace (Phy Def if mages are not a problem)

She doesn't even need boots, her slow down is enough to chase or escape.

Talents:

Mage:

5 CD, 5CD per lvl, 1 Mana Cost, 5 Mag Def Pierce, 3 Leech

Guardian:
    5 HP, 3 Mag Def per lvl, 3 Phy Def per lvl, 3 HP per lvl, Fast Healer 3, Dmg Reduction x 10% 1, Tower dmg reduction 3 (or use these 3 last talents on QUICKENING if you wish).

Tablets:

-Purity
    -Desecration
    -Courage

Inscriptions:

-CD
    -Leech

15. Produh

Produh Well-Known Member

You make guides based off custom 15/10ks?

16. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

I just added that reference, just to make note that build is a harder to play in early game (because its tanky based, its a bit hard to get items faster; well...it won't be hard if having real pro teammates). But there are tons of people whose like to play Custom. Those players will have an advantage since they can buy expensive items early game such as Stirring Soul of the Dragons. Besides this was not a guide, I just posted the build I use, following the topic ("Post your Melina's Build here"). I would like to do a guide for her, but....she is so OP right now that any noob can make her a monster, maybe I'll do once she gets nerfed on next update.

But, a short answer for your question would be: "I have made guides without missing PvP or Custom game modes".

17. LastStand

LastStand His name was Seth Rich

Good eyes...

18. Zelderoth

Zelderoth Member

Don't ever have boots in your final build. You can buy temporary boots for 300 gold. Put some points in the + Movement Speed in the support talent page.

19. Mutedfaith

Mutedfaith Well-Known Member

Dat movement speed talent makes my melina go "No man can catch me!".

20. eeevlira

eeevlira Active Member

May i assume you are
    May I assume you are talking about my buid? Ok, boots are useful on full carry build, so they can escape from death. This is not the case on the build I post here since she is so tanky so she can stay, endure and make kills. But that is my way, I consider worther any of the items above than boots. Also, about talents....I prefer the above mentioned. I know boots and talents are a bit useful but not enough for this build and my playstyle.