[Melina Spellmann] Akatsuki's guide to the <Maven of Magic>

Discussion in 'Mage Guides' started by Akatsuki, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Relinquish your spark.

2. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

Lol.. noob guide. You must be a real noob if ur melina has problem with sand.
    Sand is one of the the suckiest hero. Against melina, sand will die instantly.
    Melina build will depends on the gold and the situation, no fix build for her.
    Elder tablets is a must for melina, no need to think about p def early mid game. Clitoris tablet (Bloodfreeze-picture similar with clitoris) is also important for her. Need to focus on dmg and hp-stirring soul (works good with elder and bloodfreeze)

Some players prefer deepfreeze and others arcane blast for 1st activated skil. Only nub prefer fire for 1st skill.

I prefer dull vine shield for m def if needed.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    bombbug likes this.
  3. Akatsuki

Of course. I play with Elder Tablet as well in serious games.

Sand has skills that can slow Melina, say, he rushed Melina and then started attacking, Melina uses Deep Freeze to place him there (considering she doesn't get backfired by the spell), then after 2.25 seconds, Sand is behind Melina, Sand, anticipating where Melina will go casts his Root skill where Melina is, damaging her, silence and rooting her rendering her almost useless, she attacks with normal attacks but the attempt was frail and Sand has his passive and ultimately kills Melina.

I prefer fire for first skill as I am farming before I go anywhere (e.g. gank, 1v1) because it helps in farming as it has a 70% chance of its cooldown resetting and mana cost to be reverted back to you when you kill a creep so all you have to do is let all your faction's creeps attack the opposing creeps and tap it again and again and again.

Deep Freeze/Arcane Blast are CCs you use in order to catch an enemy; apparently this guide is more focused on players who don't really do FvF/GvG and not going for the kill but only pokes and harass enemies from a distance first.

There is no 'suckiest' hero when you are a crafty player and know what you are doing, calculate strategies and kill foes. Any more questions?

4. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

ur melina jungle??? Loool......
    if ur melina has problems with sand... you are real NOOOOB
    Honestly, melina is good for all roles(jungle or lane).... best = main lane.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    bombbug likes this.
  5. Akatsuki

I do lane, that's why I get Fire Unchained first in order to kill creeps. If you don't have problems with Sand it's either you're playing 10k-15 customs and not PvP. Ciao

6. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

Loollll nooob,
    Mid game... assuming you have 2 1700gold ring, 1 cloak dragon blood , elder, bloodfreeze... u will win against sand

7. Akatsuki

Well, what if the Sand is fully fed, has maxed ultimate?

8. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

Who ask u and ur team to feed sand?? Only noob die from sand.

bombbug likes this.
  9. Akatsuki

Obviously you haven't used Melina in competitive matches; her skill range is low making her an easy target for ganks and against melees when you try to target them unless you are fully equipped with items.

10. K532001

K532001 New Member

Guys sand is really good if u know how to use him and yes his ulti is too good to put mages or skill reliant heroes down

11. Mixar

Mixar Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing. As long as you have the ulti you basically guarantee the kill on a skill reliant hero(provided they don't have enough time to spam everything in their arsenal once they get unrooted).

Not saying she's op but I kinda see Melina as a easy to use easy to master mage hero. Or as the usual community likes to put it, a noob hero. Not cause she's bad either but because you really only need that deep freeze skill and maybe Arcane blast. Silence is effective but really only see Balondis having enough time to finish her.

12. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

Lol.. learn to ward and have gank awareness. Idk why u said that melina has problems with sand.
    Plz make ur self decent with melina before create guide.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  13. Akise

Akise no longer Detective

You just have to be more aggressive than the Sand if you're going to win with Melina.
    Fuck him up before he fucks you and stuff.

Also try maxing Arcane Blast first,