Most neglected heroes in meta?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by fireneg, Mar 21, 2017.

1. fireneg

fireneg RUSSIANS!!!!!@@@@@@ stop trashtalking and gtfo

Try use paragraphs so these wall of text become readable, thanx

2. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

Shud i throw in a couple indentations for you?

3. meteorologist

meteorologist Well-Known Member

Lol theres an appropriate quote for this situation: "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing". And people like you are exactly why.

You learn a little and all of a sudden you think you know a lot. Actually you only know a little bit and your arrogance leads to stupid mistakes.

For example, you somehow think that you are more experienced at hoc than me because your account has more games played than blueberry_pies. Your ignorance gave me a good laugh. See, I built 6 accounts (android and iOS), each with good tablets talents and inscriptions. It's impossible to count the number of games I've played but it's more than you.

And I have played at the highest level on android and iOS. By the way I never saw you there... Since you are so good... Why don't you play tourney, line, kakao, or ih games??? It's like a college sports player saying they are a hall of famer but no pro team ever signed them.

So I'm sitting here enjoying the ironic audacity of YOU calling yourself the professor and ME the student. So absurd.

Btw these are called paragraphs.

dandik likes this.
  4. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

I don't care to use proper grammar typing to people I dont give a shit about. You apparently are scared of me saying "nice grammar", like your type of people, because thats the last resort of a losing argument.

5. zalba idyllico

zalba idyllico Active Member

whats the argument?? Demo?? I think everyone has a basic idea of what it does. Whether or not they choose to use it at any level ranging from optimal to minimal depends on them.
    The "topic" is demo or whatever hoc related is decided upon next. But i think its just a classic case of moba chest beating. The frog who makes the loudest noise wins. apparently.......
    In case its a forgotten fact, the pond is drying up. Is there still a reason for croaking so loud?

meteorologist likes this.
  6. zalba idyllico

zalba idyllico Active Member

Meta. The word on its own can be applied is slightly different manners depending on context but generally has ideas revolving around "after, beyond, higher,~transcend" Ex: Metamorphosis, meta-language.
    It refers to any idea, concept or abstraction that is developed after an initial set rules or norm is implied. Therefore, its a "higher" or "transcendent" way of thought.
    In gaming it refers to methods or tactics which are developed by players after the game developer has already implemented the whole game or rules and are "better", therefore yields higher chances of success. So in a way Onyx is more accurate.

What defines something as "meta" is ever fluid. The "better" way will not always remain the best as other strategies would be developed to mitigate against the current meta. So in that context, "meta" began to mean what is most popular. If everyone uses it, does it mean its the best way? Maybe at one point, but that can change.

imo the meta in hoc is very vague and skewed, due to direct and obnoxious changes centered solely around how much money can be made in hero sales. In this sense the "meta" heroes are frost, meng, etc. Reflected based on yielded success when using these heroes by the general population. This however does not reflect "meta" as in a higher, advanced way of gameplay which btw can still be reflected in experienced, skilled gameplay of any hero.

7. meteorologist

Harvester is even more neglected than Cham. Build him with those "semi tanky items" like hermatists and 900 hp item and the attack speed 0.5 item and omg. Hes so unfair. He's in the top tier. Unlike Cham or frost he's so tanky and can build even tankier so you really don't have much of a chance

8. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

When are you going to 1v1 me

9. meteorologist

Lol. 1v1 is a separate game mode entirely that I don't play. You are at a vast advantage. It's like me as a trains player playing gvg rift.

Now I've been training rift for a couple months so I'm confident there now. I haven't trained 1v1 at all

10. ONYX

ONYX Savage Daddy

1v1s border is a very strict meta. For fighters its 22 fighter, 5 support 13 guardian. Boots, squires, 3 hp pots, tablets are soul eating desire and infectious fury. Skills are demo and heal 1. If you have anything besides that, assuming all other factors are equal, you will not be able to compete against it. Ive played very pro 1vs1 where the only difference is that enemy decided not to use demo and use fireball instead, and they lost purely because of that choice. Fireball + heal is not as good as demo + heal. I've proven that without a hair of doubt. Use demo as soon as you take damage, and spam it every time its off cooldown, and in 1vs1 once you get the first kill, its kinda over at that point. You just shut them down and never give them a chance to recover. It becomes apparent playing against demo that its stronger. I always have people saying "demo op, you win bc of demo" and im like yeah, I know. Maybe you should learn from this experience.

meteorologist likes this.