New here, Yet been here Awhile

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Demon of Chaos, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Demon of Chaos

Demon of Chaos Slithering Dragon Bugs :)

Just returned to HOC and I noticed a lot changes, so I decided to come back here. Used to be an old player but I had no idea how the game worked and I still have somewhat no idea how the game works. Just made this thread to ask some questions and say hi :3

2. zupernuz

zupernuz KING OF B S

What s the question?

3. Demon of Chaos

I've been seeing players with purple, silver, gold, bronze, frames around them when we get ready to battle. It's uncommon to see them but there are rlly popular and common players that are purple ranked. Nobody exactly explained so I was wondering if I could get answers here.

4. Swedishviking

Swedishviking Well-Known Member Staff Member

Those are the rank borders, the rank the player finished last season. The gold, silver, bronze are pretty self explanatory and purple is for diamond (top100)

Demon of Chaos likes this.
  5. Chyox

Chyox Master of Memes & Funmode Fanatic Staff Member

These reflect on a players spot in the last ranked season (no frame=didn't play, bronze=<1600 points, silver=1600-1799 points, gold=1800< points, purple=top 100 players with most points).

It doesn't always show how strong a player is because
    1) ranked cheating
    2) match spamming
    3) boosting by friends
    4) high rank on 3s doesn't make you OP on 5s necessarily (and vice versa)

Demon of Chaos likes this.
  6. Demon of Chaos

Most of the time I see them getting boosted by friends. Thanks for telling me that :3

Riley12301 likes this.
  7. Riley12301

Riley12301 Shmoo Staff Member

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums. Hope you decide to stick around. Here on the forum there are about 20 active people on a daily basis, and many others who come and go. We are a small community at the moment, and if you don't already know this, development has ended on hoc (no more updates). There are rumors that a sequel to hoc (hoc 2) will eventually be made. The game still plays fine, in fact there is less lag now than when they regularly updated. Server population is still high enough for fairly short que times. Long story short, I see no reason for a casual player to leave the game. Players who like intense rank matches and competition are out of luck though.

I hope this information proves helpful.

8. Demon of Chaos

Oh aw man, I think that's why I never saw any more updates and meng was still op in the game. I guess the creators are now trying to milk the rest of what the game can give because I've been seeing a rlly big increase of sales. I'll try to be more active because I wanna know and be good friends to people like you :3

9. mindantony

mindantony Active Member

I have 1 advice, dont make @Sadowmancer mad :3